Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

installing Spotty

Hello everybody.
    Is there an easy to follow tutorial on how to install Spotty on a Squeezebox Touch?
    I've gone over the forum and haven't found something easy to follow step by step.
    Perhaps I'm asking for too much?
    Thanks for any pointers

Quote Originally Posted by ropo View Post
    Hello everybody.
    Is there an easy to follow tutorial on how to install Spotty on a Squeezebox Touch?
    I've gone over the forum and haven't found something easy to follow step by step.
    Perhaps I'm asking for too much?
    Thanks for any pointers
    You can't install Spotty on a Squeezebox Touch. Spotty is a plugin for Logitech Media Server (LMS) which runs on a PC, NAS, laptop or similar on your local network.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    You can't install Spotty on a Squeezebox Touch. Spotty is a plugin for Logitech Media Server (LMS) which runs on a PC, NAS, laptop or similar on your local network.
    Thanks.
    And how do I install it in a PC then?

Once you have installed LMS on your PC ... go to http://localhost:9000 - then to Settings (bottom right of screen) ... then Plugins ... then enable 3rd-party plugins ... then look through the list to enable Spotty and any others that you want.

If this does not get you to the answer then best thing to do would be to start a new thread in one of the other sections of this forum (not Squeezebox Touch).
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Perfect, thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Once you have installed LMS on your PC ... go to http://localhost:9000 - then to Settings (bottom right of screen) ... then Plugins ... then enable 3rd-party plugins ... then look through the list to enable Spotty and any others that you want.

If this does not get you to the answer then best thing to do would be to start a new thread in one of the other sections of this forum (not Squeezebox Touch).
    It worked great!
    So I re-installed LMS on my laptop (clean slate), rescanned my music library, added Spotty in the third-party plugins.
    Now I can control Spotify on the LMS via the Squeezebox Touch on my phone using Orange Squeeze App.
    It is kind of a convoluted workaround, but it works.

Thanks again!!

Now I can control Spotify on the LMS via the Squeezebox Touch on my phone using Orange Squeeze App.
    It is kind of a convoluted workaround, but it works.

Thanks again!!
    I have no idea what that means. Surely Spotty appears as an app in Orange Squeeze. What is convoluted about it?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I have no idea what that means. Surely Spotty appears as an app in Orange Squeeze. What is convoluted about it?

Well, convoluted in the sense that I have to have my LMS (server) ON in order to control Spotify via Orange Squeeze.
    On the other hand, Pandora is an App already installed in the Squeezebox touch so I can control Pandora on the Squeezebox using Orange Squeeze WITHOUT having the LMS connected and my PC running (just the Squeeze Box logged in to Mysqueezebox.com).
    I don't have a dedicated NAS/media server or PC working as a media server on all the time so for me is an added layer of complexity, hence the choice of word "convoluted"

Well, convoluted in the sense that I have to have my LMS (server) ON in order to control Spotify via Orange Squeeze.
    On the other hand, Pandora is an App already installed in the Squeezebox touch so I can control Pandora on the Squeezebox using Orange Squeeze WITHOUT having the LMS connected and my PC running (just the Squeeze Box logged in to Mysqueezebox.com).
    I don't have a dedicated NAS/media server or PC working as a media server on all the time so for me is an added layer of complexity, hence the choice of word "convoluted"
    I see. You could always get a Raspberry Pi to run LMS and leave it on 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I see. You could always get a Raspberry Pi to run LMS and leave it on 24/7

Well now that is a very interesting sounding project. Never worked with a Raspberry Pi, but how hard can it be! I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion