Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,722
    Quote Originally Posted by ropo View Post
    Well now that is a very interesting sounding project. Never worked with a Raspberry Pi, but how hard can it be! I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion
    It's super simple. I've set up several for myself and friends, and I have no linux knowledge, etc. But I can follow specific instructions. See this for setting up.
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/main_getting_started.shtml

    I just setup a rPi4B yesterday for running LMS. I used a flirc case which helps it run very cool. Entire thing is the size of a pack of cards, not counting the attached USB drive that holds my music. Took me about 15 minutes from the time I downloaded the program, burned to an SD card, and followed the piCorePlayer instructions for setup using LMS.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.3>Squeezelite
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    It's super simple. I've set up several for myself and friends, and I have no linux knowledge, etc. But I can follow specific instructions. See this for setting up.
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/main_getting_started.shtml

    I just setup a rPi4B yesterday for running LMS. I used a flirc case which helps it run very cool. Entire thing is the size of a pack of cards, not counting the attached USB drive that holds my music. Took me about 15 minutes from the time I downloaded the program, burned to an SD card, and followed the piCorePlayer instructions for setup using LMS.
    Thanks for the links.
    I just bought a Raspberry Pi 4B, arriving this Monday. I'll give piCorePlayer a shot once I get the raspberry up and running

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    4,098
    Quote Originally Posted by ropo View Post
    Thanks for the links.
    I just bought a Raspberry Pi 4B, arriving this Monday. I'll give piCorePlayer a shot once I get the raspberry up and running
    Have you got a microSD card to copy piCore Player to?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Have you got a microSD card to copy piCore Player to?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Yes I do. I asume its a regular Micro Sd card?

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    4,098
    Quote Originally Posted by ropo View Post
    Yes I do. I asume its a regular Micro Sd card?
    Yes

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,722
    Quote Originally Posted by ropo View Post
    Thanks for the links.
    I just bought a Raspberry Pi 4B, arriving this Monday. I'll give piCorePlayer a shot once I get the raspberry up and running
    Keep in mind that there is nothng to setup for the rPI before using PiCorePlayer. One burns the SDcard with piCorePlayer OS, then inserts the card into the rPi. So the very first time you turn on the rPi out of the box could be when it is running the piCorePlayer software.
    edit: That is, even if one had setup the rPi with some other rasbian OS, this would be entirely replaced with the piCorePlayer software.
    Last edited by garym; 2020-05-22 at 11:43.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.3>Squeezelite
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Keep in mind that there is nothng to setup for the rPI before using PiCorePlayer. One burns the SDcard with piCorePlayer OS, then inserts the card into the rPi. So the very first time you turn on the rPi out of the box could be when it is running the piCorePlayer software.
    edit: That is, even if one had setup the rPi with some other rasbian OS, this would be entirely replaced with the piCorePlayer software.
    OK, but not even LMS?

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,722
    Quote Originally Posted by ropo View Post
    OK, but not even LMS?
    No, LMS will be installed as part of the piCorePlayer software. Read through all the getting started steps and I think it will make more sense. read the how to links here:

    https://www.picoreplayer.org/main_howto.shtml
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.3>Squeezelite
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    No, LMS will be installed as part of the piCorePlayer software. Read through all the getting started steps and I think it will make more sense. read the how to links here:

    https://www.picoreplayer.org/main_howto.shtml
    Thanks, I'll have time to read through by the time I get the Rasberry Pi

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    It's super simple. I've set up several for myself and friends, and I have no linux knowledge, etc. But I can follow specific instructions. See this for setting up.
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/main_getting_started.shtml

    I just setup a rPi4B yesterday for running LMS. I used a flirc case which helps it run very cool. Entire thing is the size of a pack of cards, not counting the attached USB drive that holds my music. Took me about 15 minutes from the time I downloaded the program, burned to an SD card, and followed the piCorePlayer instructions for setup using LMS.
    Hi, So i got my Raspberry Pi4B and burned the piCoreplayer on the SD card and got it running on the rPi4B.
    However the LMS never loaded on the rPi4B, I followed several threads on how to install LMS, including creating a new larger partition on the SD card, etc., but never got it to install the LMS, I always ended with an error message.
    Maybe the server was down oe something. I'll try again in a day or two

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •