Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Battery/charging behavior. Anyone else experiencing this?

This has always been like this, but I was reminded of it again today. I had my Radio, with battery, plugged in and playing for a couple of hours. Then I unplugged it to move it another room to play on battery. In less than a minute I got a low battery screen and it wouldn't play. So I plugged it back into the power and let it charge for 10 or 15 minutes, tried again and it played for several hours on battery.

Not quite sure what's going on there. I don't think it actually charged in that time, and unless the firmware is really screwed up, the battery shouldn't have been drained because it was playing while plugged in.

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    This has always been like this, but I was reminded of it again today. I had my Radio, with battery, plugged in and playing for a couple of hours. Then I unplugged it to move it another room to play on battery. In less than a minute I got a low battery screen and it wouldn't play. So I plugged it back into the power and let it charge for 10 or 15 minutes, tried again and it played for several hours on battery.

Not quite sure what's going on there. I don't think it actually charged in that time, and unless the firmware is really screwed up, the battery shouldn't have been drained because it was playing while plugged in.
    Never seen that. The low battery indication should appear at around 11V. You can check the battery voltage at Settings/advanced/diagnostics/power.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I've also never seen that. Switching between plugged in and playing on battery with one of my Radios quite often.