Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Wi-Fi 6

Quote Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
    Give up on 'consumer' WiFi products and move over to Unifi products. https://unifi-network.ui.com/

All the diagnotics you need via the Controller and superbly reliable WiFi. Lots of products to choose from to suit your individual needs: https://www.ui.com/products/#default
    Unfortunately Unifi has similar issues. Since upgrading my APs to 5.XXX my radios are dropping from the network. I'm now in the process of testing an older AP with only 2.4Ghz to see if it will stay up for any period of time.

unifi, working for me mostly

Quote Originally Posted by nappyhead View Post
    Unfortunately Unifi has similar issues. Since upgrading my APs to 5.XXX my radios are dropping from the network. I'm now in the process of testing an older AP with only 2.4Ghz to see if it will stay up for any period of time.
    For my 3 Unifi APs (AC Pro, AC Lite, AC IW), I am running Unifi Controller 6.0.43 and all are running the latest firmware (4.3.24). I don't see a v5 firmware for my APs but perhaps you have different model APs (?).

I have issue with one of my radios, but the other two run fine using these APs. I do have "fast roaming" switched off in the controller. I also have separate wifi network ssids for 2.4 and 5 ghz. I hope whenever there is a firmware upgrade to 5.x I don't get hit with what you are seeing.

Tom
    SB3(1), Boom(2), Radio(3), piCorePlayer (1)

Also using unifi but created a separate SSID for the SB stuff. Especially since fast roaming prevents SB to connect but also since pcp does not accept all characters as key (not sure which anymore but stumbled over it)
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

I am using Unifi with 5 Switches, 4 AP Lite's, single SSID, latest Controller 6.0.45 and 4.3.24 AP f/w. My two Radio's have never disconnected. Controller setings are prety much those 'out of the box'. I have 'Prefer 5G' and 'Meshing' enabled. There are 34 WiFi clients.

One thing I have discovered is some devices do not like Channel 6 so I stick with 1 or 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
    I am using Unifi with 5 Switches, 4 AP Lite's, single SSID, latest Controller 6.0.45 and 4.3.24 AP f/w. My two Radio's have never disconnected. Controller setings are prety much those 'out of the box'. I have 'Prefer 5G' and 'Meshing' enabled. There are 34 WiFi clients.

One thing I have discovered is some devices do not like Channel 6 so I stick with 1 or 11.
    I was poking around the Unifi community forum - read a few times (maybe from the same person) that 4.3.24 is not a great firmware and has issues with DHCP among other things. Don't know if that factors in to anyone's issues, just reporting. Clearly it works for some of us....

TomS

UAP Firmware 4.3.28 is available but it is not yet showing up in the Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by TomS View Post
    For my 3 Unifi APs (AC Pro, AC Lite, AC IW), I am running Unifi Controller 6.0.43 and all are running the latest firmware (4.3.24). I don't see a v5 firmware for my APs but perhaps you have different model APs (?).

I have issue with one of my radios, but the other two run fine using these APs. I do have "fast roaming" switched off in the controller. I also have separate wifi network ssids for 2.4 and 5 ghz. I hope whenever there is a firmware upgrade to 5.x I don't get hit with what you are seeing.

Tom
    what version are you running on the radios?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nappyhead View Post
    what version are you running on the radios?

Thanks
    Do you mean firmware on the radios? All are running this:

Player Model: Squeezebox Radio
    Player Type: baby
    Firmware: 7.7.3-r16676

And LMS is 8.1.1 (Ubuntu 20.04.2)

I have not yet updated to community firmware for the radios.

TomS

Quote Originally Posted by TomS View Post
    I was poking around the Unifi community forum - read a few times (maybe from the same person) that 4.3.24 is not a great firmware and has issues with DHCP among other things. Don't know if that factors in to anyone's issues, just reporting. Clearly it works for some of us....

TomS
    ive been running radios for quite a few years with ubiquiti, and there are definately firmware versions which break connectivity for older 2.4ghz devices such as the radios and other IOT devices particularly

currently im using ubiquiti 4.3.24.11355 and have been for a few months without problems, i rolled back to this after a previous 5.x version just wasnt reliable, but today im testing a beta 5.53.1.12737 and things do seem to be fine

controller 6.43 with all default settings
    uap-ac-lr x 2
    uap-ac-m x 4

We should move this discussion to the "WiFi connection unstable/lost on three Radios" thread, as it is the same issue in most of the cases, see my last post in that thread...