Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Power supply options for DEAD REMOTE CHARGER...

I refused to pay stupid prices for another Remote base station after my power supply seemed to get to the point where it couldn't supply enough current to charge the battery. I found THIS option:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

... allowing me to CUT THE CABLE and add a USB 2 connector as the charging option. As long as I have a 5V 2A supply, which many USB chargers are capable of, I can now charge my Duet Remote without issue. Other users have opted to get another 5V 2A wired supply and 'splice' the cable... I'd rather do this as it gives my MULTIPLE options as supplies die off.

All this time I thought it was bad batteries, and it ended up being the power supply not being able to supply enough current to keep the batteries alive.

BTW, the USB connectors are labeled with +/- for power with the other three terminals for data. EASY HOOK UP!!
    Eric Seaberg - San Diego
    A.E.S., I.E.E.E., S.M.P.T.E., S.P.A.R.S.
    eric@seaberg.com

This is excellent!
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Great solution - I recently replaced/spliced the power for the Duet station --- will remember this for any future battery-charging blackouts
    ----------------------------------------------
    Bill Clark, Windham, VT
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.3 - 1591161343 @ Thu Jun 4 04:13:32 CEST 2020
    Hostname: ubuntu-lms - ProxMox Virtual Environment 5.4-3 | Ubuntu 16.04 xenial
    piCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v6.0.0 | www v0005 | linux 4.19.105-pcpCore_v7 | piCore v10.3pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.6-1206-pCP
    -----------------------------------------------