Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    Can someone provide an idiots guide on how to use that?
    I have SDT installed as well as CCH.
    How do I enable seing a Weather radar map?
    (I would like to see it full screen with current time on top on a Joggler screen (800x600) as a screen saver when the player is halted.)
    Do I need to import a new style / txt file, or....?
    (If so: Would someone have an example with radar map enabled?)
    Assumptions: You're using the Default skin and you already have a custom clock you want to configure. If you don't already have a custom clock you'll need to edit an existing one or create a new one. Also, I'm using the English UI, I'm not certain whether any of these strings are localized in the German UI (if you're using one).

1. Setings > Advanced > Custom Clock Helper
    2. In the Items dropdown, choose New item.
    3. In itemtype choose sdtweathermapicon. Click Apply.
    4. Configure position of your map using posx, posy to get the horizontal and vertical position of your map underneath your time.
    5. Set the location for how narrow or wide of a map you want.
    6. Click Apply.

Goal: Add current moon phase to my custom clock screensaver.

How do I do that?

When I look at Jivelite > Extras > SuperDateTime i see my current location (as defined in SDT Preferences > Weather.com Identifier). On that Jivelite screen I see current conditions, pressure, 24-hour precipitation, a weather map, and, lastly, the current moon phase (current = waxing crescent).

I didn't see any SDT icon in the documentation http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...m_Clock_applet for SDT moon phases. It does look like there's something but it requires the Daylight Clock plugin, which I do not have.

Since it appears SDT is already returning the moon phase, is there a way I can add it to my screensaver?

Quote Originally Posted by thueri01 View Post
    I created a screen server with the Costum Clock Helper.It works perfectly
    I would like to export this to make available to other users.The .txt file is created.
    However, the .txt file is not in the correct format.
    I can't import this file again.
    The Json format is not correct when exporting. Everything is displayed in one line.
    What am I doing wrong? Is the CCH not working properly with version 8 ? Can anyone try it?
    2. Question: How do I delete a style from the CCH ?

Greetings
    Player-Modell: Squeezebox Radio Firmware: 7.7.3-r16676
    Player-Modell: Squeezebox Touch Firmware: 7.8.0-r16754
    Player-Modell: Squeezebox Duet ReceiverFirmware: 77
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1588308753 @ Fri May 1 07:25:27 CEST 2020
    Server: DS718+ Betriebssystem: Synology DSM 6.2.2 - DE - utf8
    Plattformarchitektur: x86_64-linux
    Custom Clock Helper (v2.11.94)
    Spotty (v4.2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by prabbit View Post
    Assumptions: You're using the Default skin and you already have a custom clock you want to configure. If you don't already have a custom clock you'll need to edit an existing one or create a new one. Also, I'm using the English UI, I'm not certain whether any of these strings are localized in the German UI (if you're using one).

1. Setings > Advanced > Custom Clock Helper
    2. In the Items dropdown, choose New item.
    3. In itemtype choose sdtweathermapicon. Click Apply.
    4. Configure position of your map using posx, posy to get the horizontal and vertical position of your map underneath your time.
    5. Set the location for how narrow or wide of a map you want.
    6. Click Apply.
    Great - thank you!

2 additional questions:
    1) I have the map full screen on an 800x600 device (Joggler). It there a way to have i.e. the current time drawn ON TOP of the map? (I don't want to make the map smaller to have the time i.e. under the map)
    2) Is there a way to animate the map - i.e. rolling the last 3 maps - so you know, if the rain is approaching or leaving? (in that context: What is the setting 'interval' doing? I put numers from 1 to 10 in and did not see a difference)
    LMS 8 on Open Peak Joggler (running Chills Jivelite on Joggler)
    Player: 5 x Squeezebox Classic, Slimp3, SqueezeAmp
    2nd System: PiCorePlayer (and LMS) on Pi Zero;

Quote Originally Posted by thueri01 View Post
    The Json format is not correct when exporting. Everything is displayed in one line.
    What am I doing wrong? Is the CCH not working properly with version 8 ? Can anyone try it?
    2. Question: How do I delete a style from the CCH ?

Greetings
    The export is correct. The single line text file from the CCH export can be reformatted to indented JSON to make it easier to read. I use Notepad++ with ether the JSTool or JSON Viewer plugins. I have attached your single line text file reformatted using the JSTool plugin in Notepad++
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    Great - thank you!

2 additional questions:
    1) I have the map full screen on an 800x600 device (Joggler). It there a way to have i.e. the current time drawn ON TOP of the map? (I don't want to make the map smaller to have the time i.e. under the map)
    2) Is there a way to animate the map - i.e. rolling the last 3 maps - so you know, if the rain is approaching or leaving? (in that context: What is the setting 'interval' doing? I put numers from 1 to 10 in and did not see a difference)
    You should be able to add the time on top of the map. Have you tried adding a second item for the current time? I recommend setting the time text color to black for increased contrast to the white background of the map.

Unfortunately the map cannot be animated.

How do I do that?

When I look at Jivelite > Extras > SuperDateTime i see my current location (as defined in SDT Preferences > Weather.com Identifier). On that Jivelite screen I see current conditions, pressure, 24-hour precipitation, a weather map, and, lastly, the current moon phase (current = waxing crescent).

I didn't see any SDT icon in the documentation http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...m_Clock_applet for SDT moon phases. It does look like there's something but it requires the Daylight Clock plugin, which I do not have.

Since it appears SDT is already returning the moon phase, is there a way I can add it to my screensaver?
    I looked into what it would take to make the current Moon Phase Icon available in a Custom Clock screen. Unfortunately in addition to minor modifications to SDT it looks like it would also take modifications to the CCH plugin and possibly the Custom Clock applet. I do not believe @erland is actively adding functionality to either the CCH plugin or the CC applet at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomX2 View Post
    The export is correct. The single line text file from the CCH export can be reformatted to indented JSON to make it easier to read. I use Notepad++ with ether the JSTool or JSON Viewer plugins. I have attached your single line text file reformatted using the JSTool plugin in Notepad++
    The file is now correct. I also use Notepad++.
    Thank you , I have now installed JSTool and JSON Viewer in Notepad++.
    I'm going to do it.
    Name:  Json.PNG
Views: 217
Size:  27.8 KB
    After converting, the file can be saved and has the correct format.

For testing I have imported different styles.
    Can you tell me how to delete this styles?

Thank you for your answer
    Greetings
    Last edited by thueri01; 2020-05-25 at 23:44.
    Player-Modell: Squeezebox Radio Firmware: 7.7.3-r16676
    Player-Modell: Squeezebox Touch Firmware: 7.8.0-r16754
    Player-Modell: Squeezebox Duet ReceiverFirmware: 77
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1588308753 @ Fri May 1 07:25:27 CEST 2020
    Server: DS718+ Betriebssystem: Synology DSM 6.2.2 - DE - utf8
    Plattformarchitektur: x86_64-linux
    Custom Clock Helper (v2.11.94)
    Spotty (v4.2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by BoomX2 View Post
    I looked into what it would take to make the current Moon Phase Icon available in a Custom Clock screen. Unfortunately in addition to minor modifications to SDT it looks like it would also take modifications to the CCH plugin and possibly the Custom Clock applet. I do not believe @erland is actively adding functionality to either the CCH plugin or the CC applet at this time.
    I thought, this is the Moon Phase icon:

Name:  Moon.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  121.9 KB

What am I missing?
    3xPi3B-7" | pCP 7.0.1 | LMS 8.1.2 | Transporter | 2xTouch | 2xClassic | 2xBoom | 2xRadio | iPeng
    [Discarded: 2xOdroid U3+m2p+LMS]

Quote Originally Posted by bluetdi View Post
    I thought, this is the Moon Phase icon:

Name:  Moon.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  121.9 KB

What am I missing?
    Thanks @bluetdi. You are correct the Moon Phase icon is available in CCH.

How do I do that?

@prabbit... You can add the Moon Phase icon to your screensaver in CCH through the itemtype sdtweathericon. Although Moon Phase icon is not available in the pull down list you can type moonphaseURL in the logotype field. You may need to click Apply after adding the sdtweathericon item to see the logotype field.