Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

SDT Release 5.11.9

Based on the feedback from @bluetdi I added a setting to select the air-pressure units displayed in the Extras menu. I also made an effort to improve language localization by replacing the hard coded English text throughout SDT.

I used Google Translate so there may be some mistakes. Feedback on any errors you observe is welcome. I focused on German, Dutch and Spanish. If there is interest in other languages let me know. Even better if you would provide a revised strings.txt file with the language additions you desire.

Code:
     5.11.9 01/09/21   Added setting to select Air Pressure units displayed in Extras menu. 
                       Improved language localization.
    Last edited by BoomX2; 2021-01-09 at 21:27. Reason: typo

@BoomX2
    A proposal for strings.txt with changes to german language
    Attached Files Attached Files
    3xPi3B-7"+pCP 6.0 | LMS 8.0.1 | Transporter | 2xTouch | 2xClassic | 2xBoom | 2xRadio | iPeng
    [Discarded: 2xOdroid U3+m2p+LMS]

Quote Originally Posted by bluetdi View Post
    @BoomX2
    A proposal for strings.txt with changes to german language
    Thank you. I will use this strings.txt file in the next release.

NHL Game Times

First off - Boomx2, Thanks for your time and effort updating and maintaining the plugin.

NHL Game times are not displaying correctly. My Time Zone is MST (offset in LMS is -02:00 Mountain) and tonight's Oilers / Canucks game is showing a 9:00pm start when it actually starts at 8:00pm. I don't know if its the same for all games but I will check tomorrows games. This showed up last year but I didn't have time to mess with it so I changed the offset to Pacific time zone after the Superbowl.
    "Good judgement is the result of experience ... Experience is the result of bad judgement."

Quote Originally Posted by tedfroop View Post
    First off - Boomx2, Thanks for your time and effort updating and maintaining the plugin.

NHL Game times are not displaying correctly. My Time Zone is MST (offset in LMS is -02:00 Mountain) and tonight's Oilers / Canucks game is showing a 9:00pm start when it actually starts at 8:00pm. I don't know if its the same for all games but I will check tomorrows games. This showed up last year but I didn't have time to mess with it so I changed the offset to Pacific time zone after the Superbowl.
    I'll take a look at this further tomorrow. In my initial review the code looks correct. However, I may have an error in the calculations for converting UTC time to Eastern time. I would have introduced the error back in 2019 when I updated NHL scores to use a new data source. The time converted correctly in my checks at that time. It might be invalid to check for Daylight Savings Time. DST was in effect when I last updated the NHL scores section of SDT.

If you're interested you can try tweaking the code in the SDT plugin.pm file. Lines 5652 - 5672 from version 5-11-10 shown below is what needs to be checked and adjusted.

Code:
    				if ($game_time =~ /.+T(\d+)\:(\d+).+/) { # Extract hours and minutes from UTC time
    					$StartHr = $1;
    					$StartMin = $2;
    					if ($isDST) {
    						$StartHr = $StartHr - 4;# convert to Eastern time
    					}
    					else {
    						$StartHr = $StartHr - 5;
    					}
    					if ($StartHr < 0) {         # check for crossing to previous day
    						$StartHr = $StartHr + 24;
    					}
    					if ($StartHr > 12) {        # convert to 12 Hr format
    						$StartHr = $StartHr - 12;
    						$AmPm = 'PM';
    					}
    					elsif ($StartHr == 0) {     # Midnight
    						$StartHr = $StartHr + 12
    					}
    					$clock_time = $StartHr . ":" . $StartMin . ' ' . $AmPm;
    				}

SDT is not detecting Daylight Savings Time (DST) vs Standard Time in sub gotnhl. I will fix this in the next release.

SDT Release 5.11.11

Release 5.11.11 of SDT is now available. This release fixes the upcoming game times for NHL games.

NHL Fix

NHL fix works fine, game times are correct now.

One weird thing though. Installed the update on my wife's Windows machine and on my Ubuntu (20.4 LTS) box. My ubuntu box shows temperature to one decimal place (ie: current temp is -17.8 C) while the windows box shows only the significant digits (-17 C). I don't know if that was intended or not.

There is something else I have been thinking about for a while. When the Golden Knights play the Blackhawks the string gets long enough it cuts off sometimes, not to mention that when there is a full schedule it takes a while to scroll all the games. Is there a way to modify the team display names on my plugin so I can shorten them?
    "Good judgement is the result of experience ... Experience is the result of bad judgement."

NHL fix works fine, game times are correct now.

One weird thing though. Installed the update on my wife's Windows machine and on my Ubuntu (20.4 LTS) box. My ubuntu box shows temperature to one decimal place (ie: current temp is -17.8 C) while the windows box shows only the significant digits (-17 C). I don't know if that was intended or not.
    The SDT plugin should return the same value regardless of the operating system LMS is running on. Double check that both systems have the same version of SDT loaded and that the settings on both are exactly the same. In particular the temperature units setting for Long Weather forecasts might be affecting your results. The raw temperature pulled from the data file is based on this setting. The opposite is calculated. Weather.com only supplies integer values in the data file. So you can actually get more precise Centigrade values by selecting Fahrenheit. Wunderground data provides 1 decimal of precision. So the temperature setting shouldn't matter. The macro variable used for wunderground is important. Make sure you are using %E and not %R.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

There is something else I have been thinking about for a while. When the Golden Knights play the Blackhawks the string gets long enough it cuts off sometimes, not to mention that when there is a full schedule it takes a while to scroll all the games. Is there a way to modify the team display names on my plugin so I can shorten them?
    The following section of code can be updated to shorten the NHL team names. It is basically orphaned code since the new data source does not select teams by city name. If you provide me with the recommended shortened NHL team names I will update this section and include it in the next release.

Code:
    sub shortenNHL {
        my $long = shift;

if ($long =~ m/^Vancouver/) { $long = 'Canucks';}
        elsif ($long=~ m/^Edmonton/) { $long = 'Oilers';}
        elsif ($long =~ m/^New Jersey/) { $long = 'Devils';}
        elsif ($long =~ m/^NY Rangers/) { $long = 'Rangers';}
        elsif ($long =~ m/^Philadelphia/) { $long = 'Flyers';}
        elsif ($long =~ m/^NY Islanders/) { $long = 'Islanders';}
        elsif ($long =~ m/^Pittsburgh/) { $long = 'Penguins';}
        #elsif ($long =~ m/^Montreal/) { $long = 'Canadiens';}
        #elsif ($long =~ m/^Ottawa/) { $long = 'Senators';}