Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

[Announce] SuperDateTime Screensaver v5.11.0 - Date/Time/Weather/Sports/Stocks

This thread is for ongoing community support of the SuperDateTime (SDT) screensaver plugin originally created by Greg Brown (@GoCubs).

Original SDT thread: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ll-Screensaver

I began supporting SDT in December 2014 when Greg Brown's job took him out of country and he was no longer able to maintain it. At the request of a few users I have started this new thread to make it easier for new users to find current instructions for installation and use. Please begin using this thread for discussion, questions, support, and announcements of new SDT releases.

Installation
    To install the SDT plugin add the following repository URL to the "Additional Repositories" section at the bottom of the plugins page in LMS. After clicking "Apply" SuperDateTime Screensaver will be available for selection. Select SDT and click apply again. After restarting LMS SuperDateTime is available for use.

Basic Setup
    Begin by navigating to LMS->Advanced Settings->SuperDateTime Screensaver. Set your location in the WEATHER.COM IDENTIFIER field. Pay attention to the format used. If an invalid format is entered, SDT will revert to the default location for Chicago, IL USA = 60614:4:US

https://weather.codes/ is a good resource to find the identifier for your location.

Additional settings are available at the player level for Boom, SB Classic, and Transporter players. Navigate to LMS->Player->SuperDateTime for these settings.

Touch/Radio/Controller setup
    For Touch, Radio, and Controller the Custom Clock applet should be loaded using the menus on the player or controller. Several Custom Clock screensavers that include SDT information are available after loading the Custom Clock applet. You can customize the Custom Clock screens or create your own screens through the Custom Clock Helper (CCH) plugin. The Custom Clock applet and Custom Clock Helper plugin were created by Erland. Refer to Erland's thread https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...dio-Controller for more information and community support for Custom Clock and Custom Clock Helper.

SDT Repository URL
    Code:
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/sdt-weather-com/repo.xml
    or
    https://netcologne.dl.sourceforge.net/project/sdt-weather-com/repo.xml
    Last edited by BoomX2; 2020-11-14 at 10:34. Reason: Add reference to find weather codes.

Thank you for this thread!

I found a little problem in the German translation of the settingspage.
    Nearly at the end, there is this sentence: "Die Standartwerte zu verändern kann", this had to be: "Die Standardwerte zu verändern kann", so only change the "t" into a "d".
    In the last line you find the same error: "Standartwert=0.5", this had to be "Standardwert=0.5".

Thank you for the Update.

hPa is a little long now, 1 digit after the comma should be enough as before. No digit would also be ok for me.
    Windspeed has dropped, was more before. So this seems to work.

Radarmap not yet working, right? Maybe with the next update.
    3xPi3B-7" | pCP 7.0.1 | LMS 8.1.2 | Transporter | 2xTouch | 2xClassic | 2xBoom | 2xRadio | iPeng
    [Discarded: 2xOdroid U3+m2p+LMS]

Quote Originally Posted by bluetdi View Post
    Thank you for the Update.

hPa is a little long now, 1 digit after the comma should be enough as before. No digit would also be ok for me.
    Windspeed has dropped, was more before. So this seems to work.

Radarmap not yet working, right? Maybe with the next update.
    The metric JSON data file provides 2 digits of resolution in the hPa value. I'll round it to zero digits to match what was provided before.

I have had some success with the radar maps and also plan to include them in the next release.

SDT Release 5.11.1

Release notes:
    Code:
    # 5.11.1 05/05/20   Weather radar maps are now available through Custom Clock Helper itemtype: sdtweathermapicon 
    #                   Added max observed temperature to Extras->SDT menu
    #                   Corrected typos in the German translation on the settings page.  Thanks @carsten_h
    #                   Added rounding to barometric pressure hPa units.  Thanks @bluetdi
    #

Works as intended, thank you.
    But I will stay to imageicon because stdweathermapicon does not seem to be scalable and rezisible.

BTW: Does anyone know where the backgrounds of LMS are stored: Nocturne, Symphony, Vibrato etc.?
    Last edited by bluetdi; 2020-05-06 at 02:04.
    3xPi3B-7" | pCP 7.0.1 | LMS 8.1.2 | Transporter | 2xTouch | 2xClassic | 2xBoom | 2xRadio | iPeng
    [Discarded: 2xOdroid U3+m2p+LMS]

Quote Originally Posted by BoomX2 View Post
    Release notes:
    Code:
    # 5.11.1 05/05/20   Weather radar maps are now available through Custom Clock Helper itemtype: sdtweathermapicon 
    Can someone provide an idiots guide on how to use that?
    I have SDT installed as well as CCH.
    How do I enable seing a Weather radar map?
    (I would like to see it full screen with current time on top on a Joggler screen (800x600) as a screen saver when the player is halted.)
    Do I need to import a new style / txt file, or....?
    (If so: Would someone have an example with radar map enabled?)
    LMS 8 on Open Peak Joggler (running Chills Jivelite on Joggler)
    Player: 5 x Squeezebox Classic, Slimp3, SqueezeAmp
    2nd System: PiCorePlayer (and LMS) on Pi Zero;

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    Thank you for this thread!

I found a little problem in the German translation of the settingspage.
    Nearly at the end, there is this sentence: "Die Standartwerte zu verändern kann", this had to be: "Die Standardwerte zu verändern kann", so only change the "t" into a "d".
    In the last line you find the same error: "Standartwert=0.5", this had to be "Standardwert=0.5".
    Thank you. I'll correct the error in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomX2 View Post
    This thread is for ongoing community support of the SuperDateTime (SDT) screensaver plugin originally created by Greg Brown (@GoCubs).
    Original SDT thread: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ll-Screensaver
    I began supporting SDT in December 2014 when Greg Brown's job took him out of country and he was no longer able to maintain it.
    @BoomX2- Thanks for all the work you've done with this project. It's the main reason for me keeping my Touch and Radio alive.

Custom Wallpapers:
    - make some 800x480 .png files with name pcp_<filename>.png
    - copy under /home/tce/.jivelite/shared path/wallpapers/
    - backup using 'pcp bu'
    - restart jivelite
    - select wallpaper under settings->display-> background/
    - have a beer

Envoyé de mon Redmi 3S en utilisant Tapatalk