Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    I know that the wifi modules sometimes fail, perhaps thats also the issue in this case?
    I think the wifi module of Radio is not easily replaced, unlike the wifi modules of the older SB players - SB2, SB3, Classic, Boom and transporter. For these older models, a failing wifi module causes rebooting and often later total failure. These Wifi modules can be removed and replaced easily in these models. For some models such as SB3 the Wifi module is optional (i.e. SB3 will work without the wifi modules). For some models such as Receiver, the wifi module must be present even if not used.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I think the wifi module of Radio is not easily replaced, unlike the wifi modules of the older SB players - SB2, SB3, Classic, Boom and transporter. For these older models, a failing wifi module causes rebooting and often later total failure. These Wifi modules can be removed and replaced easily in these models. For some models such as SB3 the Wifi module is optional (i.e. SB3 will work without the wifi modules). For some models such as Receiver, the wifi module must be present even if not used.
    Thanks for clarification!
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

I'm pretty sure the rebuffering isn't a hardware issue since I have 2 SB Radios that exhibit the same problem and they both started around the same time. Did all the network troubleshooting I could but wasn't able to find a solution.

Still I'm convinced it is a network/configuration problem especially since both radio's have the same problem.
    In the last 15 years of using squeezebox I have experienced the rebuffed problem twice.
    One culprit appeared to be my wifi network that was not good enough. The other culprit was when I switched over to a pi for LMS and the pi lost connection to the music share because the file server had a configuration problem.
    Since that is solved no problem what so ever with rebuffering.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity