Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Using 2 duets to control 2 systems ?

Hello,
    I've been running my duet controller with a Logitech Transporter. I just acquired another Squeezebox Duet. I was hoping to have it connected to another amp in my household, but it would be accessing music from the same server in my house as the Transporter. Is this possible ? I was thinking if it is possible one of the Logitechs maybe needs to be turned off. At the end of the day I'm looking to access all the music I have on an external hard drive attached to a laptop with Logitech control panel installed, but from 2 separate stereo systems. I've yet to receive the new Duet to play. Maybe someone has some advice as to the best way of reaching my goals ?

Thanks in advance

That is absolutely no problem. You can choose an individual player for each Controller. This is done under settings->player IIRC.
    LMS (the Server behind the Logitech control panel) is designed to serve different music to different players.
    Nevertheless: One outstanding capability of LMS in my opinion is to perfectly synchronize two or more Squeezeboxen.
    So no need to worry. Enjoy your music(s)!

I didn't realize how easy this was I just used my old Duet receiver. No need for a new one. Now I'm controlling 2 stereo with one remote. I'm also using squeeze Ctrl to act as a remote on my phone.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bunkertoy View Post
    I didn't realize how easy this was I just used my old Duet receiver. No need for a new one. Now I'm controlling 2 stereo with one remote. I'm also using squeeze Ctrl to act as a remote on my phone.
    Thanks
    Yep, that's the beauty of the LMS/Squeezebox ecosystem!
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.3>Squeezelite
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Yep, that's the beauty of the LMS/Squeezebox ecosystem!
    This is where open source really shines. All the vintage/logitech squeeze hardware can still be used, complemented with new devices like smartphones and raspberry pi.

Big kudos to the people maintaining LMS and contributing with plug-ins.
    2 x Squeezebox Classic
    Squeezebox Duet
    Dell XPS 8930
    Synology DS214-Play
    Vintage Audio : Quad 405 and 606, JBL Studio Monitors 4412A & 4408A, B&W DM6