Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Which device name have you told Squeezelite to use?

Edited a tiny bit from above:
    "hw:" means only the hardware supported samplerate/sampleformats will be sent - so LMS will have to resample/transcode as required.

"plughw:" means ALSA will support all data rate and will process audio stream into a format suitable for the hardware rather than LMS or squeezelite. Often "plughw" devices have more successful outcomes rather than "hw" especially if user disables certain LMS capabilties.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Try

plughw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 - bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones - Hardware device with all software conversions

and reboot
    I had to roll back to an old boot disk, and now I seem to have got the same problem again but your fix no longer works!?!!? The old boot disk, created May 2020, had "ExecStart=/usr/bin/squeezelite -o plughw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 -n Pi_SqueezeliteService -C 5 "

I did a full-upgrade, and as expected I had to change the ExecStart line as follows
    ExecStart=/usr/bin/squeezelite -o plughw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 -n Pi_SqueezeliteService -C 5

So now Pi_SqueezeliteService appears in LMS, but no sound comes out of the Pi's headphone jack.
    I also now get a LOT of rebuffering - every few minutes (on both radio and flac files). Despite all players being wired into the LAN.
    The available audio devices are:

sudo /usr/bin/squeezelite -l
    Output devices:
    default - Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server
    null - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    jack - JACK Audio Connection Kit
    pulse - PulseAudio Sound Server
    sysdefault:CARD=b1 - bcm2835 HDMI 1, bcm2835 HDMI 1 - Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=b1,DEV=0 - bcm2835 HDMI 1, bcm2835 HDMI 1 - Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=b1,DEV=0 - bcm2835 HDMI 1, bcm2835 HDMI 1 - Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=b1,DEV=0 - bcm2835 HDMI 1, bcm2835 HDMI 1 - Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=b1,DEV=0 - bcm2835 HDMI 1, bcm2835 HDMI 1 - Hardware device with all software conversions
    usbstream:CARD=b1 - bcm2835 HDMI 1 - USB Stream Output
    sysdefault:CARD=Headphones - bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones - Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 - bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones - Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 - bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones - Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 - bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones - Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 - bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones - Hardware device with all software conversions
    usbstream:CARD=Headphones - bcm2835 Headphones - USB Stream Output

Any idea why no sound is coming out? And the rebuffering? I tried the whole upgrade process twice and I get exactly the same problems.

The Pi4 is running LMS 7.9.2 - 1578996832, which was working flawlessly prior to this upgrade.
    SB3 -> Quad 909 -> Quad Electrostatic speakers, Quad 405 -> TBI subwoofer
    3 x SB3s + SB Radio
    LMS on Raspbian on a Pi4
    Rotel RSP1068 surround processor, Quad 707 -> B&W surround

I'll likely get a row for this, but try adding

-a :::0

to the squeezelite line

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I'll likely get a row for this, but try adding

-a :::0

to the squeezelite line

ronnie
    Fingers crossed that seems to have done the trick! Thank you!

I looked up the Squeezelite syntax and it seems that your option turns "mmap", or memory mapping, off. So what is going on here? Also I'm a bit puzzled why I didn't need it a month ago, and now I do need it?
    SB3 -> Quad 909 -> Quad Electrostatic speakers, Quad 405 -> TBI subwoofer
    3 x SB3s + SB Radio
    LMS on Raspbian on a Pi4
    Rotel RSP1068 surround processor, Quad 707 -> B&W surround

Quote Originally Posted by rbl View Post
    Fingers crossed that seems to have done the trick! Thank you!

I looked up the Squeezelite syntax and it seems that your option turns "mmap", or memory mapping, off. So what is going on here? Also I'm a bit puzzled why I didn't need it a month ago, and now I do need it?

Well first off, I'm the most puzzled as I don't have a Scooby on any of this techie stuff.

Maybe @bpa will enlighten you (there a a few threads at the mo, about this)

I blame the rpi foundation for plonking PulseAudio on the the top of everything, 'cause appently it does good "bluetooth" or summat

and the forums slimdevices server is being a pain again

tea time

For some recent discussion (including faulty memory) ... see ...

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1010606
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland