Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    There are many internet Radio consolidators (e.g. Tune-in, iHeart, Radio.net) who act as directories but also can serve ads etc so additional revenue for station. Stations can move between consolidators in which case - link may change and are not valid on the "old" consolidator

    That said, Bandit Rock plays OK for me - perhaps it is geo-locked for you but also perhaps your system is not setup to pay the audio format.
    As a sanity check - can you play them from their web site https://www.ilikeradio.se/banditrock ?
    I suppose it is geo-locking: I can play the link trough a US-based VPN server, but not directly from Holland.

    Try the following for Bandit Rock - both supplied by Tune-in
    MP3 - http://fm02-ice.stream.khz.se/fm02_mp3
    AAC - http://fm02-ice.stream.khz.se/fm02_aac
    The Tune-In radio links don't play, but I suspect they would, if I rerouted LMS through a VPN.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    18,836
    Quote Originally Posted by BartS View Post
    I suppose it is geo-locking: I can play the link trough a US-based VPN server, but not directly from Holland.
    Weird - they play OK for me from Ireland and Ireland is usually one of the last places allowed when rights issues are happening.

    Could your VPN be the problem not the solution ?

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    27
    I don't think the VPN is the problem, I didn't have one running before. I'm not sure it's the solution either... something else might be going on.

    I looked in the server log: there it says "401 Authorization required"
    Code:
     Slim::Utils::Scanner::Remote::__ANON__ (192) Error: Can't connect to remote server to retrieve playlist for, http://fm02-ice.stream.khz.se/fm02_aac: 401 Authorization required.
    Would it be an idea to display this error message? That would make a bit clearer what is going on with geo-locked stations, instead of just going silent.
    I fired up the SB Controller yesterday: it displays the message briefly.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    18,836
    Quote Originally Posted by BartS View Post
    I don't think the VPN is the problem, I didn't have one running before. I'm not sure it's the solution either... something else might be going on.

    I looked in the server log: there it says "401 Authorization required"
    Code:
     Slim::Utils::Scanner::Remote::__ANON__ (192) Error: Can't connect to remote server to retrieve playlist for, http://fm02-ice.stream.khz.se/fm02_aac: 401 Authorization required.
    Would it be an idea to display this error message? That would make a bit clearer what is going on with geo-locked stations, instead of just going silent.
    I fired up the SB Controller yesterday: it displays the message briefly.
    IIRC such message is displayed briefly on most UIs

    This not geolocked - Geo locked is 403. This is not authorisation such as ID /password. Again I don't get that error. Something else is going on.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    IIRC such message is displayed briefly on most UIs

    This not geolocked - Geo locked is 403. This is not authorisation such as ID /password. Again I don't get that error. Something else is going on.
    In that case it must be something else. Let's leave it for now, enough other stations to listen to.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •