Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reptilo View Post
    Hi, what is your botton ?
    Thanks
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 17.49.55.png
Views: 346
Size:  52.3 KB

this one, at the bottom of the bluetooth page!

Yes this one is turn ON.

Hey.

I'd like to stream music to my Beats Solo headphones via bluetooth from my pCP:
    - pCP 7.0
    - Pi4 using on-board bluetooth
    - no DACs or audiocards attached
    - configured as player (no LMS)

I have no problem connecting the headphones, pairing works fine and they show as connected.

But I couldn't make the headphones play anything so far, total silence.

I guess either these headphones are not compatible or I haven't figured out what Squeezelite settings I need to use. Or I need to install some extension?

If you have managed to listen to audio with pCP and your bluetooth headphones which settings did you use?

Thank you.

Take a look at the logs on the bluetooth page. Post them here if you need help interpreting.

Do you see a player named "Beets" or something similar in the LMS interface? It should be created after your headphones are connected.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Take a look at the logs on the bluetooth page. Post them here if you need help interpreting.

Do you see a player named "Beets" or something similar in the LMS interface? It should be created after your headphones are connected.
    It works now, for some reason. Great.

The sound quality is not very good though. I think it might be related to the bluetooth codec pCP/bluez-alas is using.
    I get
    Code:
    /usr/local/bin/bluealsa --profile=a2dp-source --profile=a2dp-sink --profile=hsp-ag --profile=hfp-ag --a2dp-volume
    which sounds like a2dp = SBC = lossy...

Since my headphones only support SBC and AAC do you know how to force AAC? I'd like to try AAC to see if the sound quality is better.

Thank you, Paul.

AAC is not compiled into bluealsa. Iĺve had problems with it in the past.

Unfortunate.

So which high quality bluetooth audio codecs does pCP bluealsa support? And which one(s) of these do you recommend? Would be good to know before I consider buying new bluetooth headphones to get decent sound quality.

Thank you.

The SBC codec is the only one currently supported on pCP.

The source is here, https://github.com/Arkq/bluez-alsa the support structure for AAC/APT-x/LDac is there, but functional libraries are in question. I opted for the stability of the code, but the AAC support library should be fine, I just have no way to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    the AAC support library should be fine, I just have no way to test it.
    I guess neither do I? Unless I got that wrong. You have the software and I have the hardware to test it but none of us has both.

Even if I had the money I don't really love the idea of having to add another device or two between pCP and bluetooth headphones just to stream bluetooth 'hifi' sound quality to my bt headphones. Although... I'd really like that quality...
    Also, pCP and bt headphones make for such a nice minimalistic setup.

And thank you for taking the time to explain this.
    Last edited by afriend; 2021-04-28 at 03:06.

Paired device default behaviour

Hi

First off, I've recently migrated from Moode to pcp/lms for home audio management, so a big thanks for the software, impressed so far.

I have a question re bluetooth devices - when I connect my phone and look in the paired devices list it defaults to "speaker", I'm just wondering what the most normal use case for bluetooth is here? Shouldn't the default be "player"? Otherwise I have to go into the player config every time a phone connects to bluetooth and change the device, which is a bit unwieldly. Certainly no one else in the house would know to do that.

FYI, while I was testing bluetooth I couldn't get it to start unless the wifi was also switched on. This is a pi 3B+ using the latest pcp build.

Another FYI, I have another 3B+ with a damaged sd card slot, so it boots from usb stick. I couldn't get the latest pcp build to boot at all, but did manage to get the prior version to work.

Thanks