Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

BT not working

Hi everybody,
    I'm new on this forum and French, sorry for both !!
    I've installed Picoreplayer and LMS server on a RPI3 with an Audiophonic ISabre DAC in a Raspdac dock.
    I can listen music from Deezer with the plugins and controlling with the Squeezer app.
    Now I want to use Bluetooth to connect my phone using the Deezer App and listening music throw BT to the Picoreplayer. Is it possible ?
    If so I tried tu enable the BT Controller on but won't. My BT log is very short :
    CP Bluetooth extension build:0015
    Starting BT Controller
    Waiting for bluetooth controller........................................ .USB Bluetooth Hardware Address:
    Starting pCP BT Pairing Agent
    Powering on the BT controller
    Error powering on Bluetooth Adapter

And my configuration is :
    piCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v7.0.0 | www v00015 | linux 5.4.83-pcpCore-v7 | piCore v12.0pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.9-1372-pCP

I've an ethernet connection and also enable the Wifi but can't enable the BT one.
    Do you know what I'm doing wrong ?
    Thanks.

The Bluetooth function on piCore Player is for connecting Bluetooth speakers as output devices. It doesn't support receiving Bluetooth inputs as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by coyrls View Post
    The Bluetooth function on piCore Player is for connecting Bluetooth speakers as output devices. It doesn't support receiving Bluetooth inputs as far as I know.
    Recent pCP (including pCP 7) can have a Bluetooth source.
    When it is working you would see this on the Bluetooth page
    "BT Pairing Daemon for incoming connections is running"
    and you configure the remote device as a "Streamer".
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Dandelion Radio, Europa Radio Jazz, Frequence3, FSK, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Radio Swiss, RTE Ireland, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

Quote Originally Posted by reptilo View Post
    Hi everybody,
    I'm new on this forum and French, sorry for both !!
    I've installed Picoreplayer and LMS server on a RPI3 with an Audiophonic ISabre DAC in a Raspdac dock.
    I can listen music from Deezer with the plugins and controlling with the Squeezer app.
    Now I want to use Bluetooth to connect my phone using the Deezer App and listening music throw BT to the Picoreplayer. Is it possible ?
    If so I tried tu enable the BT Controller on but won't. My BT log is very short :
    CP Bluetooth extension build:0015
    Starting BT Controller
    Waiting for bluetooth controller........................................ .USB Bluetooth Hardware Address:
    Powering on the BT controller
    Error powering on Bluetooth Adapter

And my configuration is :
    piCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v7.0.0 | www v00015 | linux 5.4.83-pcpCore-v7 | piCore v12.0pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.9-1372-pCP

I've an ethernet connection and also enable the Wifi but can't enable the BT one.
    Do you know what I'm doing wrong ?
    Thanks.
    I also have it running on RPI3
    log starts
    Code:
    pCP Bluetooth extension build:0014
    Starting BT Controller
    bcm43xx_init
    Flash firmware /lib/firmware/brcm/BCM43430A1.hcd
    Set BDADDR UART: b8:27:eb:xx:yy:zz
    Set Controller UART speed to 921600 bit/s
    Device setup complete
    RPi Bluetooth Hardware Address: B8:27:EB:xx:yy:zz
    BT Controller Ready
    I think you have to work out why yours appears to be trying USB
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Dandelion Radio, Europa Radio Jazz, Frequence3, FSK, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Radio Swiss, RTE Ireland, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

Hi, thanks for all your responses.
    Do you think I must try it without the raspdac dock, putting the RPI3 alone with the analogic output sound, to see if it is also searching for an USB connection ?

On my pi zero W, the built in Bluetooth was dis activated, I had to activate it with the button at the bottom.

Hope that fixes it!

Has anyone been successful at using PcP as a speaker with an Amazon firestick?

I can detect it with my phone, my iPad, but the firestick never discovers it

An echo dot, yes.

I assume that you are attempting a fire stick for the audio side of a video. You will not get the audio and video in sync. If that is your use case, I would not waste more time.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Thanks Paul!
    It did work with Bluetooth headphones,
    My sound system wanted to join the party
    Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuleberbu View Post
    On my pi zero W, the built in Bluetooth was dis activated, I had to activate it with the button at the bottom.

Hope that fixes it!
    Hi, what is your botton ?
    Thanks