Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Hello!

As my new headphones seems to have a not so good receiver as before (same manufacturer) and also the receiption wasn‘t good at some places with the old ones, I think I need an external Bluetooth transmitter for the Pi.
    Is there one Bluetooth 5.0 transmitter known that has good transmission features that works together with piCorePlayer?
    I saw a few ones with Bluetooth 5.0 that only working with Windows and not with Linux or macOS.

Is it better to connect such a transmitter with an extension cable to the USB port of the Pi?

Do I have something to do to use it in piCorePlayer as there is then a second Bluetooth device. Or is it enough to disable the internal one?

...After testing a bit more, I found out that the headphones are not so bad with Bluetooth. When I place my iPhone 11 at the same place like the Pi 3B+ with piCorePlayer, I walk around the whole house without any problems in receiving. With the Pi I only have to place my hand onto the right part of the headphones and there is no more sound.
    So I really have to use another Bluetooth transmitter than the one inside the Pi.
    Last edited by carsten_h; 2021-01-30 at 11:19.
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

I've not tested any BT5 dongles. As long as they are linux supported, it should work fine. Just be sure to disable the RPI bluetooth.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by tparvais View Post
    Hello
    I insert a BT dongle laying around, install the libraries, apply last patches. It seems to be properly detected. But impossible to pair with my galaxy. This stupid phone asked for a PIN. I tried 0000 or 1234 without success
    Andriod phones seem to ignore the less pairing configuration. You should be able to pair them from command line in an ssh session, using bluetoothctl.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I've not tested any BT5 dongles.
    Ok, it seems they all not work with Linux/macOS.
    Are there any preferable BT4 dongles?
    For now the TP-Link UB400 looks good.

I also found dongles that behave like a USB DAC to the Computer. But I think this is not possible with piCorePlayer when using also a Hifiberry DAC.

Just be sure to disable the RPI bluetooth.
    Ok, that‘s all I have to do? Then the external one will be used?
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    Ok, it seems they all not work with Linux/macOS.
    Are there any preferable BT4 dongles?
    For now the TP-Link UB400 looks good.
    That TPlink unit mentions nothing of linux support. Make sure the mfg says linux support.

That TPlink unit mentions nothing of linux support. Make sure the mfg says linux support.
    Ok, I found some post where this works with linux and bluez, but I found another one named „Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter“ and this should work.

I also found the „LogiLink BT0015“ which should also work out of the box.
    Last edited by carsten_h; 2021-01-30 at 13:51.
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Bluetooth Audio from KODI device

Hello,

i'm trying to use my picoreplayer (RPI Z WH with Hifiberry AMP2) as bluetooth player with KODI.
    I tried already my PC, my android phone and a tv-box with coreelec.

the devices are connecting correctly but there will be no sound.
    is there any solution? am i forgetting something?

When i just connect my pc or phone to the picoreplayer via bluetooth then everything works correctly.
    it must be something between the picoreplayer and the KODI software.

bluetooth log

02-02 08:58 CET DEBUG A2DP devices found A2DP-sink.
    02-02 08:58 CET INFO Found a2dp sink 43:35:B0:07:1F:AC connected.
    02-02 08:58 CET INFO No bluealsa-aplay process for device 43:35:B0:07:1F:AC. Starting......
    02-02 08:58 CET DEBUG pCP OUTPUT="hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry"
    02-02 08:58 CET DEBUG LMS server IP:""
    02-02 08:58 CET DEBUG pCP ALSAVOLUME=""
    02-02 08:58 CET DEBUG pCP Card Conf:"hifi_dac+.conf"
    02-02 08:58 CET DEBUG pCP SSET="Digital"
    02-02 08:58 CET INFO Starting player:"CoreELEC" bluetooth, alsa device:"hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry", volume:"Digital".
    02-02 08:58 CET INFO Starting connection signal handlers.

thanks
    Last edited by PJ1; 2021-02-02 at 02:27.

Today I got the mentioned „Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter“ adapter. After disabling internal Bluetooth and inserting the adapter before the necessary boot it worked out of the box. Nothing to configure. The headphone could be paired and worked much better than the internal bluetooth before.
    It is not as good as my iPhone 11 but acceptable.

Tomorrow the „LogiLink BT0015“ should arrive. Also I will get a USB extension cable to see if this will be better. I will write here what happens.
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Airplay on Android

Quote Originally Posted by tparvais View Post
    As I changed my smartphone from IOS =>Android Galaxy, no Airplay possible anymore.
    any idea to debug ?

Thomas
    Alternatively there is an app called "AirMusic - stream your music!" for Android. Unfortunately it needs a rooted system or Android 10+.

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    Tomorrow the „LogiLink BT0015“ should arrive. Also I will get a USB extension cable to see if this will be better. I will write here what happens.
    I took a day longer, but now the „LogiLink BT0015“ arrived.
    Is is also working out of the box, the transmission power seems to be the same. But it is also not as good as my iPhone 11. Very strange.
    I tested both Bluetooth transmitters directly attached to a USB 2 port and with a 70cm USB cable away and with a 1,5m USB cable away. The cables makes no difference in the radius where I can use the headphones. Also strange.
    When I put my hand completely over the USB transmitter there is also no change in reception. But when I put my hand over the right side of the headphone (there is the receiver) the sound stops. Also strange.

I tested also what happens when I go outside with the headphones. There is a big window with double glazing between me and the Pi and the reception is not really good. When I tested this with my iPhone 11 as sender it worked without a problem.

I will stay with the LogiLink as it has apt-X support although my headphones have not. But maybe I will have one in the future.
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk