Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

piCorePlayer as BT Speaker working so much better now!

The last update made BT on pCP really usable for me!
    (RPi 3+, HifiBerry DAC, using built-in Wifi, playing from Motorola Moto X4, Android 9)
    Volume is controlled on the phone, lag is below or around 1 second now.

Thanks a bunch!

pair list is always empty even after discovery

Hi,

Running the latest piCorePlayer freshly installed on a Pi4 on wifi (2.4Ghz), I'd like to connect it to an external BT Speaker (Anker Soundcore Motion+ with latest firmware too)

When I run scan I see a bunch of BT devices in the "Bluetooth Scanning" output:

Code:
    [ INFO ] Scanning 10 seconds for Bluetooth Devices, make sure device is in pair mode...
    [ INFO ] If device is not found at end of scan, scan can be re-ran...
    [ INFO ] Found Devices
    Device 45:9F:C1:52:84:DD 45-9F-C1-52-84-DD
    Device 3C:7E:F4:91:28:4D 3C-7E-F4-91-28-4D
    Device 5E:18:BB:78:CA:ED 5E-18-BB-78-CA-ED
    Device 76:34:CA:9B:03:0B 76-34-CA-9B-03-0B
    Device 73:EE:C5:64:5A:48 73-EE-C5-64-5A-48
    Device 72:13:0E:65:4C:B7 72-13-0E-65-4C-B7
    Device C4:93:D9:7F:B2:A7 Galaxy Note9
    But the "Pair" dropdown list stays empty when the scan ends...

With "discover" I managed to configure my phone as a streaming source, so the BT layer works fine.

Any idea? Maybe it's a UI problem? (I get the empty list with Firefox and Chrome)

For pairing mode, we first scan.....as you see a bunch of devices are found... To avoid wrong selections, we look at the services the devices are advertising. If the device does not advertise audio service, then we ignore it when building the drop down list. Not sure why the Galaxy was not advertising audio services.

In discover mode, you are selecting the device from the remote device, and then selecting the pCP name......so we assume you know what you want and just pair it.

In any case, when you connect the device, if it doesn't properly connect a2dp-sink or a2dp-source, then nothing happens anyway.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    For pairing mode, we first scan.....as you see a bunch of devices are found... To avoid wrong selections, we look at the services the devices are advertising. If the device does not advertise audio service, then we ignore it when building the drop down list. Not sure why the Galaxy was not advertising audio services.
    Maybe my Anker speaker isn't advertising sound capabilities? I don't even see its name advertised (I know its BT MAC address though so I could pick it up manually)

Is it possible to configure it manually via the command line and get it to autoconnect?

Quote Originally Posted by freebeerz View Post
    Maybe my Anker speaker isn't advertising sound capabilities? I don't even see its name advertised (I know its BT MAC address though so I could pick it up manually)

Is it possible to configure it manually via the command line and get it to autoconnect?
    Replying to myself... Indeed the Anker Soundcore motion+ is a bit temperamental: I had to reset it a couple of times and eventually the BT Scan found it.

More info here about this device: http://community.anker.com/t/anker-s...psets/74753/12

Thanks for piCorePlayer BTW! Really nice project!

bad stuttering / breaking up playing to BT speaker Fixed

continued from https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post971009

I should have emphasized that nothing had changed physically, going from great performance to bad stuttering. Nothing moved, no new hardware to interfere. The only changes were updates recommended to fix issues others were having.

I did a fresh install of the 6.0.0 release candidate today, and all is working well.

piCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v6.0.0 | www v0005 | linux 4.19.105-pcpCore_v7 | piCore v10.3pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.6-1206-pCP
    hardware: Pi 3B+, wired connection, WiFi off
    software: piCorePlayer v6.0.0 | www it varies | linux 4.19.105-pcpCore_v7 | piCore v10.3pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.6-1206-pCP
    Android Squeezer 2.0.1
    serving to: UE BOOM 2 BT speaker | Logitech BT Audio Adapter

does not work when LMS auto discover is impossible

Hi,
    first, thanks for pCP, it's really cool

So, I have a piCore on a RPiZW, and the latest update does not work: my LMS is not auto discoverable (behind a firewall and all), and since the bt daemon starts squeezelite without taking the IP address set in the main options into account, it does not find it.

I had to patch pcp-bt-speaker-daemon.py (ugly patch) to hardcode the IP and now it works.

On a related note, where is the source code for pCP ? I could not find it anywhere

The source code is on your device, 99% is text scripts. For binary content, take a look at the extension .info files on our repo. Or on our github.

What makes the most sense in your case is use the LMS is setting from the squeezelite page. I can make that update.

There is some new firmware that is in testing that is supposed to help BT coexist. The first release was a mess, They just released a patch yesterday that does look better.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The source code is on your device, 99% is text scripts. For binary content, take a look at the extension .info files on our repo. Or on our github.
    Github, which one, I could not find any ? I'd be happy to contribute patches.