Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    So it is normal that after connecting the headphones, the last played title will start, although I stopped it before shutting down piCorePlayer?
    For "normal" output via Hifiberry card this is not the case. When I stopped the music and shutdown piCorePlayer and start it back again, the music is still stopped.
    Hello, you can switch theses setting in LMS. There you can choose between 8 switches what to do after restart.

Gesendet von meinem LM-G810 mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mr-b View Post
    I'm seeing my BT connection from my tablet failing again every few days. I've not used it as an LMS player just to check.
    The BT device Link is ticked in PCP UI and it's connected & active on tablet - but there's just no sound from the PCP speakers.

First time I just restarted the BT Speaker Daemon on PC and it reconnected straight away and audio worked. Second time this happened a few days later it did not. The tablet would reconnect and then disconnect straight away. The Device link had a cross so I had to Connect and then it worked again.

Is there some debugging logging level that could be enabled?
    BT not working again - the device connection was crossed/unticked again for some reason so I restarted the tablet but it made no difference i.e. it would connect momentarily and then become disconnected.
    So I had to click Connect on PCP and then everything worked.
    Anything to try? It seems to be a regular occurence every few days.

You must write a script and put this script in Tweaks - User commands-

#!/bin/bash
    bluetoothctl << EOF
    connect [enter your MAC add]
    EOF

Normally there is no bash on pCP. Just use #!/bin/sh.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Normally there is no bash on pCP. Just use #!/bin/sh.
    Smart aleck, Perfect Function. But you can explain how he can bring the script to a working script cause here are not all Linux profs

How to setup piCorePlayer Bluetooth Streamer mode

The first post in this thread explains that pCP has following three Bluetooth operating modes:

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    • Speaker - A2DP Source - Play from piCorePlayer to a bluetooth connected speaker.
    • Player - A2DP Sink - Play directly from your phone or other bluetooth music sourc to pCP. pCP is now a speaker for your device.
    • Streamer - A2DP Sink - Play from your phone to a web stream. LMS can play that stream to any number of LMS connected devices/groups.
    So far I have used Speaker mode and Player mode and these modes work fine in my setup (RaspBerry Pi ZeroW running pCP 6.1.0 with bluetooth extension).

Now I would like to try the Streamer mode. I have used the forum Search as well as Google, but I could not find a detailed description of how to set up this mode.

Scenario that I have in mind is as follows: Stream audio track from smartphone to pCP via Bluetooth, and play this track on another squeezebox player in the network via LMS. Questions that I have:
    • Is this scenario possible using the Streamer mode? If so, how to set this up?
    • For this mode to work is it required that LMS runs on pCP? Or can this mode also work when LMS runs on a PC in the local network?
    Last edited by CJS; 2020-09-07 at 04:31.
    | LMS 8.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 6.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Install the streamer option on the tweaks page. Yes it will do what you are asking, LMS can be running anywhere.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Bluetooth Streamer mode working now

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Install the streamer option on the tweaks page. Yes it will do what you are asking, LMS can be running anywhere.
    Thank you very much Paul-, after installing the "Streamer for Audio Input" on the pCP Tweaks page the Bluetooth Streamer mode is indeed working.
    It was not immediately clear to me how to enter the URL of the pCP streaming server in LMS. I figured out that I could enter the URL via LMS Home => Radio => Tune in URL, and save the URL as a Favorite. I am not sure if this is the best way, but it works. Btw, I noticed that this audio stream can also be played back in web browsers like Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.

=> Suggestion that I have for the next version of piCorePlayer is to add some extra help text on the Bluetooth page under section "Device Pairing/Selection", where the user needs to select the Bluetooth operation mode / device type for connected bluetooth devices. In my opinion it would help a lot if the explanation about the 3 device types that is given in the first post in this thread is added to the web page via a more> section. For the Streamer mode it would help to also mention that the "Streamer for Audio Input" needs to be installed on the Tweaks page. This would be quite helpful for non-experts like myself.

Thanks again for your help!
    | LMS 8.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 6.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Hi,

is there any solution to have the same behaviore like v3 ? I would expect to have only one player diplayed and start the bluetooth pairing on starting. With the new behaviore, after few time, the BT player disapear.