X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StevenEllis
    • Mar 2020

I've cleaned up pcp-bt.conf to remove old data

Code:
    04-13 11:05 NZST INFO     ------------Starting pCP BT Speaker Daemon v6.0.0.0010------------
    04-13 11:05 NZST INFO     Resetting asound.conf.
    04-13 11:05 NZST INFO        Removing bt_ from asound.conf
    04-13 11:05 NZST INFO     Current contents of /usr/local/etc/pcp/pcp-bt.conf.
    04-13 11:05 NZST INFO        
    04-13 11:05 NZST INFO        F0:D7:AA:C3:XX:XX#My Moto G5#10000#2
    04-13 11:05 NZST DEBUG    PCM Devices found dbus.Dictionary({}, signature=dbus.Signature('oa{sv}'))
    04-13 11:05 NZST INFO     Starting connection signal handlers.

04-13 11:07 NZST INFO     ---- Caught Connect signal ----
    04-13 11:07 NZST DEBUG    /org/bluealsa/hci0/dev_F0_D7_AA_C3_XX_XX/a2dpsnk/source
    04-13 11:07 NZST DEBUG       HCI:hci0
    04-13 11:07 NZST INFO        MAC:F0:D7:AA:C3:XX:XX
    04-13 11:07 NZST INFO        TRANSPORT:a2dpsnk
    04-13 11:07 NZST DEBUG       pCP OUTPUT=""
    04-13 11:07 NZST DEBUG       pCP ALSAVOLUME=""
    04-13 11:07 NZST DEBUG       pCP Card Conf:"USB.conf"
    04-13 11:07 NZST INFO        Starting player:"My Moto G5" bluetooth, alsa device:"", volume:"".
    So where do I specify the pCP Output for the "My Moto G5" player as I can't find anywhere in the webui

Comment

• StevenEllis
      • Mar 2020

OK some progress

I've set the output under Squeezelite. It was previously blank as it appeared just specifying USB Audio was sufficient for LMS Streaming.

output from the bluetooth logs now show the changes - still can't get audio to stream from my phone

Code:
      04-13 11:17 NZST DEBUG       pCP OUTPUT="hw:CARD=VX1,DEV=0"
      04-13 11:17 NZST DEBUG       pCP ALSAVOLUME=""
      04-13 11:17 NZST DEBUG       pCP Card Conf:"USB.conf"
      04-13 11:17 NZST INFO        Starting player:"My Moto G5" bluetooth, alsa device:"hw:CARD=VX1,DEV=0", volume:"".

Comment

• fsger
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by paul-
        There is no link between playing a bluetooth speaker and hardware connected to the player. Infact you can play both at the same time. (I'm doing that now) Bluetooth speakers and USB DAC. You can even sync them together. The only possible link I can think of is that enabling bluetooth uses more power....and potentially you are not supplying enough power to the USB DAC.

What I would recommend is play music to your USB dac, as you go through the process of installing bluetooth.....see at what point things go awry.
        Thank you for your reply. I was able to play both at the same time but didn't notice a drop in the volume at that time. I also tried to sync them too but just got a terrible noise from the BT speaker, so assumed it was not possible. I don't think it was a power issue. The loss of volume persisted even after uninstalling BT and powering down the Pi and then powering-up again - which is why I had to do a fresh reinstall of PCP. Anyway, I'll try again to see when things go wrong, and let you know.

Comment

• paul-
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by StevenEllis
          OK some progress

I've set the output under Squeezelite. It was previously blank as it appeared just specifying USB Audio was sufficient for LMS Streaming.

output from the bluetooth logs now show the changes - still can't get audio to stream from my phone

Code:
          04-13 11:17 NZST DEBUG       pCP OUTPUT="hw:CARD=VX1,DEV=0"
          04-13 11:17 NZST DEBUG       pCP ALSAVOLUME=""
          04-13 11:17 NZST DEBUG       pCP Card Conf:"USB.conf"
          04-13 11:17 NZST INFO        Starting player:"My Moto G5" bluetooth, alsa device:"hw:CARD=VX1,DEV=0", volume:"".
          Steven,

USB has never worked by just selecting USB Audio from the drop down. You always have to select the needed output, and with USB there are ussually many. Some work and some do not. So you have now selected hw:CARD=VX1,DEV=0, Does music play when you stream from LMS?

Would you try to select Analog audio and test bluetooth using the onboard RPI sound.
          piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
          Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Comment

• paul-
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by fsger
            I also tried to sync them too but just got a terrible noise from the BT speaker, so assumed it was not possible.
            The only issue I've ever seen with this is the bluetooth has an extra delay, which you can adjust within LMS to get everything in sync.

Are you using Alsaequal?

Comment

• TinyTommy
              • Oct 2019

piCorePlayer as BT Speaker working so much better now!

The last update made BT on pCP really usable for me!
              (RPi 3+, HifiBerry DAC, using built-in Wifi, playing from Motorola Moto X4, Android 9)
              Volume is controlled on the phone, lag is below or around 1 second now.

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

• freebeerz
                • Mar 2012

pair list is always empty even after discovery

Hi,

Running the latest piCorePlayer freshly installed on a Pi4 on wifi (2.4Ghz), I'd like to connect it to an external BT Speaker (Anker Soundcore Motion+ with latest firmware too)

When I run scan I see a bunch of BT devices in the "Bluetooth Scanning" output:

Code:
                [ INFO ] Scanning 10 seconds for Bluetooth Devices, make sure device is in pair mode...
                [ INFO ] If device is not found at end of scan, scan can be re-ran...
                [ INFO ] Found Devices
                Device 45:9F:C1:52:84:DD 45-9F-C1-52-84-DD
                Device 3C:7E:F4:91:28:4D 3C-7E-F4-91-28-4D
                Device 5E:18:BB:78:CA:ED 5E-18-BB-78-CA-ED
                Device 76:34:CA:9B:03:0B 76-34-CA-9B-03-0B
                Device 73:EE:C5:64:5A:48 73-EE-C5-64-5A-48
                Device 72:13:0E:65:4C:B7 72-13-0E-65-4C-B7
                Device C4:93:D9:7F:B2:A7 Galaxy Note9
                But the "Pair" dropdown list stays empty when the scan ends...

With "discover" I managed to configure my phone as a streaming source, so the BT layer works fine.

Any idea? Maybe it's a UI problem? (I get the empty list with Firefox and Chrome)

Comment

• paul-
                  • Jan 2013

For pairing mode, we first scan.....as you see a bunch of devices are found... To avoid wrong selections, we look at the services the devices are advertising. If the device does not advertise audio service, then we ignore it when building the drop down list. Not sure why the Galaxy was not advertising audio services.

In discover mode, you are selecting the device from the remote device, and then selecting the pCP name......so we assume you know what you want and just pair it.

In any case, when you connect the device, if it doesn't properly connect a2dp-sink or a2dp-source, then nothing happens anyway.

Comment

• freebeerz
                    • Mar 2012

For pairing mode, we first scan.....as you see a bunch of devices are found... To avoid wrong selections, we look at the services the devices are advertising. If the device does not advertise audio service, then we ignore it when building the drop down list. Not sure why the Galaxy was not advertising audio services.
                    Maybe my Anker speaker isn't advertising sound capabilities? I don't even see its name advertised (I know its BT MAC address though so I could pick it up manually)

Is it possible to configure it manually via the command line and get it to autoconnect?

Comment

• freebeerz
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by freebeerz
                      Maybe my Anker speaker isn't advertising sound capabilities? I don't even see its name advertised (I know its BT MAC address though so I could pick it up manually)

Is it possible to configure it manually via the command line and get it to autoconnect?
                      Replying to myself... Indeed the Anker Soundcore motion+ is a bit temperamental: I had to reset it a couple of times and eventually the BT Scan found it.

More info here about this device: http://community.anker.com/t/anker-s...psets/74753/12

Thanks for piCorePlayer BTW! Really nice project!

Comment

• oetbyg
                        • Jun 2019

bad stuttering / breaking up playing to BT speaker Fixed

continued from https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post971009

I should have emphasized that nothing had changed physically, going from great performance to bad stuttering. Nothing moved, no new hardware to interfere. The only changes were updates recommended to fix issues others were having.

I did a fresh install of the 6.0.0 release candidate today, and all is working well.

piCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v6.0.0 | www v0005 | linux 4.19.105-pcpCore_v7 | piCore v10.3pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.6-1206-pCP
                        hardware: Pi 3B+, wired connection, WiFi off
                        software: piCorePlayer v6.1.0 | www v0009 | linux 4.19.122-pcpCore_v7 | piCore v10.3pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.6-1206-pCP
                        Android Squeezer 2.2.0
                        serving to: UE BOOM 2 BT speaker | Logitech BT Audio Adapter | Monoprice BT speaker

Comment

• newusername
                          • Sep 2019

does not work when LMS auto discover is impossible

Hi,
                          first, thanks for pCP, it's really cool

So, I have a piCore on a RPiZW, and the latest update does not work: my LMS is not auto discoverable (behind a firewall and all), and since the bt daemon starts squeezelite without taking the IP address set in the main options into account, it does not find it.

I had to patch pcp-bt-speaker-daemon.py (ugly patch) to hardcode the IP and now it works.

On a related note, where is the source code for pCP ? I could not find it anywhere

Comment

• paul-
                            • Jan 2013

The source code is on your device, 99% is text scripts. For binary content, take a look at the extension .info files on our repo. Or on our github.

What makes the most sense in your case is use the LMS is setting from the squeezelite page. I can make that update.

Comment

• paul-
                              • Jan 2013

There is some new firmware that is in testing that is supposed to help BT coexist. The first release was a mess, They just released a patch yesterday that does look better.

Comment

• newusername
                                • Sep 2019

The source code is on your device, 99% is text scripts. For binary content, take a look at the extension .info files on our repo. Or on our github.
                                Github, which one, I could not find any ? I'd be happy to contribute patches.

Comment

Working...