Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    the pCP compiled version of squeezelite defaults to using "squeezelite" with a firmware value of "pCP"

I think somethings are depending on seeing "squeezelite" but I forget what they are????

If not detrimental, I think we can make a common setting for you to pickup on.
    Last edited by paul-; 2020-05-20 at 14:16.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    the pCP compiled version of squeezelite defaults to the same model, so certain things know it's pCP. We have to be careful with model name.....I know somethings depend on it. (I forget which things though

I think I could easily make a standard model name, that would allow you to grab it in material.....
    A standard model name would be great, Basically, just anyway to know this is a BT output, as opposed to the regular output. I guess, you could also have SqueezeLitePCP for the standard output? Then I could look for a ico to use for pCP (perhaps tux?). Squeezelite has model (squeezelite) and modelname (SqueezeLite). Only modelname is configurable, via its -M commandline option. Are you sure things don't depend on the model, and not modelname?
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

I just looked it up, we are using the "firmware" field. Maybe model is harmless.

Give me a formatting option that works best, and it should be an easy change.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I just looked it up, we are using the "firmware" field. Maybe model is harmless.

Give me a formatting option that works best, and it should be an easy change.
    Great. As mentioned, how about "SqueezeLitePCP" for the standard pCP SqueezeLite instance, and SqueezeLiteBT for any BT speakers attached? The Squeezelite code itself does not need modifying, just update its invocation to have "-M SqueezeLitePCP" or "-M SqueezeLiteBT"
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Currently pCP reports the model and modelname as squeezelite for all outputs. With the non-bluetooth squeezelite you can add extra options, so could set modelname here (via the -M commandline switch). For bluetooth connected speakers, there is no possibility to change this. Can pCP be updated to either allow extra squeezelite options to be set for BT speakers, or (even better) pCP could always set "-M SqueezeLiteBT" (or something similar). If this was set, then the LMS control point (e.g. Material Skin, iPeng, etc.) could show a BT icon for this speaker, etc.
    I investigated using the modelname a couple years ago to identify squeezelite players running on picoreplayer. At that time philippe44's LMS-to-uPnP and LMS-to-Raop bridges and Shairtunes2W plugins filtered on the model name and some functionality was broken when setting -M. In the end we decided to append the firmware revison with -pCP to identify our players instead.

This might no longer be a concern but perhaps a discussion with philippe44 would be prudent before all the various contributors start setting -M so material can identify them for custom icons.
    Last edited by ralphy; 2020-05-21 at 06:36.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I investigated using the modelname a couple years ago to identify squeezelite players running on picoreplayer. At that time philippe44's LMS-to-uPnP and LMS-to-Raop bridges and Shairtunes2W plugins filtered on the model name and some functionality was broken when setting -M. In the end we decided to append the firmware revison with -pCP to identify our players instead.
    Are you sure that's not modelname but model? Confusing to have 2 similarly named items...

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    This might no longer be a concern but perhaps a discussion with philippe44 would be prudent before all the various contributors start setting -M so material can identify them for custom icons.
    I've cloned the LS-to-XXX repos and I think these are fine. Issue might be with ShairTunes2 - I'll ask in Philippe's thread to be 100% sure.

...only Shairtunes would be affected, and Philippe is going to fix this.

Iĺve just set up a RPi Zero W to connect some BT headphones. It works fine with a pair of Anker Soundbud Slims, but I canĺt get it to work with an Anker Soundcore Mini for love nor money. The RPi sees the speaker, but it fails to pair every time.

The speaker pairs with my iPhone first time.

Anyway I can get it to work with the speaker?

CW
    Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Living Room), Radio x4 (Kids, Play Room and Bedroom), PiCorePlayer (Office)
    Server: 8.0 for PCP
    Plugins: Spotty | Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music and Artist Information | TrackStat
    Remote: iPhone6/iPad Air running iPeng
    Music: Last.fm

Discover always on possible?

First of all: Thank you for integration the bluetooth functions!! Really great improvement
    Question: Is it possible to permanently turn "Discover" on?
    Reason: After reboot I always need to pair my phone again with pCp. Because the pCp is not discoverable by default, I have to visit the web interface every time

I'm sure there is a way, but since pairing is password less, I'm not going to do that. Why does your phone not remember what it is paired with. My phones stored paired devices, and I just press connect.