Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Well I'd like to use it occasionally as a player in LMS, but not as an LMS server, if that clarifies it.
    Is using PCP as a BT player incompatible with LMS operation?

The two modes use different software. You just cannot use both at the same time
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

I hadn't used it as an LMS player for some time, but this morning I tried stopping Squeezelite, no diff. Then I restarted the BT Speaker daemon, no diff.
    Then I mptced that the tablet Device pairing said Connect, so I did a connect and then it came up on the tablet as connected and active!
    Then i restarted Squeezelite to see if it would change anything but it started OK.
    Will see how it goes over the next few days. (It may not like the delay value of -5000 I tried when I was experimenting with trying to solve the lipsync issues but it accepted the value and seemed to run OK.)

BT log:
    (The log time changed after I noticed issues and saw the time was out, so I ran ntpd.)

Code:
    01-04 05:16 GMT INFO     ---- Caught Disconnect signal ----
    01-04 05:16 GMT DEBUG       HCI:hci0
    01-04 05:16 GMT INFO        MAC:D4:E6:B7:BD:E7:BA
    01-04 05:16 GMT INFO        TRANSPORT:a2dpsnk
    01-04 05:16 GMT INFO        Stopping playback from Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 T813
    08-01 10:13 BST INFO     ------------Starting pCP BT Speaker Daemon v6.0.0.0012------------
    08-01 10:13 BST INFO     Resetting asound.conf.
    08-01 10:13 BST INFO        Removing bt_ from asound.conf
    08-01 10:13 BST INFO     Current contents of /usr/local/etc/pcp/pcp-bt.conf.
    08-01 10:13 BST INFO        D4:E6:B7:BD:E7:BA#Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 T813#-5000#2
    08-01 10:13 BST INFO        F4:7D:EF:68:82:EB#Galaxy S10e#0#2
    08-01 10:13 BST DEBUG    PCM Devices found dbus.Dictionary({}, signature=dbus.Signature('oa{sv}'))
    08-01 10:13 BST INFO     Starting connection signal handlers.
    08-01 10:15 BST INFO     ---- Caught Connect signal ----
    08-01 10:15 BST DEBUG    /org/bluealsa/hci0/dev_D4_E6_B7_BD_E7_BA/a2dpsnk/source
    08-01 10:15 BST DEBUG       HCI:hci0
    08-01 10:15 BST INFO        MAC:D4:E6:B7:BD:E7:BA
    08-01 10:15 BST INFO        TRANSPORT:a2dpsnk
    08-01 10:15 BST DEBUG       pCP OUTPUT="hw:CARD=sndrpijustboomd"
    08-01 10:15 BST DEBUG       pCP ALSAVOLUME=""
    08-01 10:15 BST DEBUG       pCP Card Conf:"justboom_digi.conf"
    08-01 10:15 BST INFO        Starting player:"Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 T813" bluetooth, alsa device:"hw:CARD=sndrpijustboomd", volume:"".

cant get sound output in STREAMER setup

Hi all,
    so my phone is connected to pCP and set up as STREAMER with the aim to listen to what I am playing on the phone on the hardware player in the house.
    But I can only access the stream coming from pCP in a web browser.

What other settings do I need to get the stream to the players?

Thanks,

Merc
    ------------------------
    3 * Boom, 1 * Radio, 1 * Touch, 1 SB Classic, 2 SB Duet, 1pi with picoreplayer, server and music on Synology DS718+
    library ~50.000 titles

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
    Hi all,
    so my phone is connected to pCP and set up as STREAMER with the aim to listen to what I am playing on the phone on the hardware player in the house.
    But I can only access the stream coming from pCP in a web browser.

What other settings do I need to get the stream to the players?

Thanks,

Merc
    You need to make the stream a "Favourite", then on the player(s) you wish to hear the stream, play that favourite.

(From memory, don't have pCP BT set up ATM).
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    You need to make the stream a "Favourite", then on the player(s) you wish to hear the stream, play that favourite.

(From memory, don't have pCP BT set up ATM).
    Hi kidstypike,
    just as you wrote your message I tried exactly that again. I had tried it before but could not hear anything, now gave it a second shot and it worked. There is quite some lag between the phone and the output but it works.

Thanks for the help and of course for the functionality in pCP - pretty cool.

I find the software is great and basically somehow covers everything one could wish for but it is a bit difficult to get your head around it.

Cheers,

Merc
    ------------------------
    3 * Boom, 1 * Radio, 1 * Touch, 1 SB Classic, 2 SB Duet, 1pi with picoreplayer, server and music on Synology DS718+
    library ~50.000 titles

Hi kidstypike,
    just as you wrote your message I tried exactly that again. I had tried it before but could not hear anything, now gave it a second shot and it worked. There is quite some lag between the phone and the output but it works.

Thanks for the help and of course for the functionality in pCP - pretty cool.

I find the software is great and basically somehow covers everything one could wish for but it is a bit difficult to get your head around it.

Cheers,

Merc
    Good to hear you got it working.

I found the phone > pCP > hardware player to be of limited use, you need to keep your phone within BT range of your RPi, so if you're upstairs say, playing the stream on a Radio/Boom, the only things you can do are stop/play or adjust the volume. Plus you've no phone to play with.
    Last edited by kidstypike; 2020-08-02 at 02:42.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Good to hear you got it working.

I found the phone > pCP > hardware player to be of limited use, you need to keep your phone within BT range of your RPi, so if you're upstairs say, playing the stream on a Radio/Boom, the only things you can do are stop/play or adjust the volume. Plus you've no phone to play with.
    I get your point. My main reason for testing this is because I am managing my podcasts with another app on my phone. Although LMS can play podcasts it does not manage them very elegantly (e.g. played ones, for some I cannot fast forward, no notifications about updates etc) so I wanted to see if I can continue using my podcast app but stream them to the hardware players with pCP.

Might have to move the pi closer to the players I am normally using when listening to podcasts.

Cheers

Merc
    ------------------------
    library ~50.000 titles

I get your point. My main reason for testing this is because I am managing my podcasts with another app on my phone. Although LMS can play podcasts it does not manage them very elegantly (e.g. played ones, for some I cannot fast forward, no notifications about updates etc) so I wanted to see if I can continue using my podcast app but stream them to the hardware players with pCP.

Might have to move the pi closer to the players I am normally using when listening to podcasts.

Cheers

Merc
    Have you tried Pocket Casts for podcasts? There is an LMS plugin, search for Sprocket in the forum.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Have you tried Pocket Casts for podcasts? There is an LMS plugin, search for Sprocket in the forum.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Slartibartfas,

thanks I have not use pocket cast or the plugin since I have been using the pro version of podcast addict for a long time. But I will give it a go. If the podcast integration works much better this might be the way to go.

Great forum as usual!

Thanks guys.

Merc
    ------------------------
    library ~50.000 titles