Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

piCorePlayer Setup Network Disk Mount "Please match the requested format." Error

I had LMS running on my Synology NAS and was using piCorePlayer and iPeng. Then it broke and pinkdot is no longer supporting LMS on Synology.

I am trying to install LMS on my piCorePlayer and point it to the music stored on my Synology NAS.

I setup the NFS share on my DS918+ NAS:
    Name:  synologyNFS.png
Views: 137
Size:  41.9 KB

I keep getting the error "Please match the requested format." from piCorePlayer's Setup Network Disk Mount:
    Name:  PCP.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  108.8 KB

The Mount Point is /volume1/C____y. The IP address is correct and the share name is A_NAS_Server. I have tried vers=4 and leaving the Options field blank. I have tried using Beta. Nothing works.

Help!

Martin
    DS918+, piCorePlayer, iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by mhconley View Post
    I had LMS running on my Synology NAS and was using piCorePlayer and iPeng. Then it broke and pinkdot is no longer supporting LMS on Synology.

I am trying to install LMS on my piCorePlayer and point it to the music stored on my Synology NAS.

I setup the NFS share on my DS918+ NAS:

I keep getting the error "Please match the requested format." from piCorePlayer's Setup Network Disk Mount:

The Mount Point is /volume1/C____y. The IP address is correct and the share name is A_NAS_Server. I have tried vers=4 and leaving the Options field blank. I have tried using Beta. Nothing works.

Help!

Martin
    Expand more> at the top of that section, may give you some ideas.

Why such a complex mount point name, it's just an identifier for when you enter the music folder path in LMS > Basic settings. Slashes not allowed.

Mine below as a reference.

Name:  mount.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  153.2 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

You have it backwards. Mountpoint is the place to mount on the local system. Sharename is the name of the share on the NAS.

Name:  2021-06-20_13-03.png
Size:  13.6 KB

You also have to make sure that your user mapping is correct for nfs to work. If you are just trying to read music, sometimes CIFS is much easier than NFS.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    You have it backwards. Mountpoint is the place to mount on the local system. Sharename is the name of the share on the NAS.

Name:  2021-06-20_13-03.png
Size:  13.6 KB

You also have to make sure that your user mapping is correct for nfs to work. If you are just trying to read music, sometimes CIFS is much easier than NFS.
    That worked. Thanks!

Martin

I got the LMS on piCorePlayer to accept my mount:
    Name:  Capture1.JPG
Views: 46
Size:  97.2 KB

But the mount isn't working. when I configure LMS in piCorePlayer, I mount my music directory:
    Name:  Capture11.JPG
Views: 46
Size:  64.3 KB

When I scan LMS does not find my music. When I PuTTY into the piCorePlayer I can see the /mnt/DSF and /mnt/FLAC directories are empty. It's creating the mount directories but it's not correctly mounting the NAS directories.

Ideas?

Martin

Did you try
    vers=3
    in options (instead of the vers=4.1 that you have in the screenshot)?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Did you try
    vers=3
    in options (instead of the vers=4.1 that you have in the screenshot)?
    I had tried vers=3, vers=4, vers=4.1 and leaving it blank. Nothing worked.

So this morning I went through and reconfigured NFS on the NAS, remounted the NAS in LMS using vers=3, and now everything is working. Weird.

Thanks everyone...

Martin
    Last edited by mhconley; 2021-06-21 at 05:46.