Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 39 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    If you want a library view without your non-music folder how about specifying either
    Genre -not in text search- (list of genres to omit) or
    Path doesn't contain (your non music folder).

I also see empty Spotify artists in a library view if no albums meet the library definition, it is probably something Michael hasn't considered yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    OMG your are my hero!!.. Thank you.. Why have I not thought about (doesn't contain) option..
    This works exactly as I wanted.. .. Other Library (non music) problem is no big deal, just need to remember to use "Albums view" instead of All Artist/Album Artists

Thank you!
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    OMG your are my hero!!.. Thank you.. Why have I not thought about (doesn't contain) option..
    This works exactly as I wanted.. .. Other Library (non music) problem is no big deal, just need to remember to use "Albums view" instead of All Artist/Album Artists

Thank you!

Thank you!
    hmm maybe bit premature celebration (I was already pouring JD ) as just realized , although this is great, it will only work with 2 library Views. I was ideally going to have more..
    Is there a way to insert "AND" operator into query?

ie. Path (doesn't contain) \Path1 (AND) \Path2
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

hmm maybe bit premature celebration (I was already pouring JD ) as just realized , although this is great, it will only work with 2 library Views. I was ideally going to have more..
    Is there a way to insert "AND" operator into query?

ie. Path (doesn't contain) \Path1 (AND) \Path2
    I guess I could further split Library but using additional fields like Genre/comment

Spotty stops on short tracks - more info

Hi Michael and others following this particular saga,

I've done a bit more digging on the spotty short tracks problem. The stuff I have tried:

- Run the java-librespot client.
    - After a diversion through windows sandboxing and virtualisation, I was able to compile and run the windows version of librespot.

In both instances, I set up with the client as spotify connect only with no authentication. I was able to connect to these with spotify apps and play long and short tracks from Pink Flag without disconnection.

Assuming I'm interpreting this correctly, this seems to suggest that the problem we are seeing is in the spotty/lms space.

A quick question - is it possible to run spotty in spotify connect mode *without* authentication. If possible I'll see if running in this mode makes any difference.

Finally, thanks to digging into the virtulisation stuff, I think I can now offer windows, linux and macos test platforms - if needed and helpful, I can also probably run development platforms on windows and linux.

Cheers,

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    A quick question - is it possible to run spotty in spotify connect mode *without* authentication.
    I think I've answered my own question. I've fired up spotty as follows:

./spotty -n testname -b 320 --lms serverhost:9000 --player-mac <playermac>

I've done this one two pcs - the server running lms and on my own desktop, and I've connected to a squeezelite player, a squeezebox 2 and a group made up of these two. In each instance, I was able to connect to these players from a spotify app and play long and short tracks from pink flag without problem.

I'm very much guessing here, but is it possible that when things are crashing out, we have a conflict between the spotty authentication and the spotify app authentication when playing in spotifyconnect mode. If this is the case, would it be possible to switch the spotty mode between:

- Spotty with authentication for LMS control.
    - Spotty with no authentication for spotifyconnect control via an spotify app.

I'll see if I can get something approaching this behaviour in my setup and report back.

Cheers,

Larry

I'll see if I can get something approaching this behaviour in my setup and report back.
    For now, no luck on this. I'll see if I can figure out a way to bypass the cache in the plugin, but I suspect it's now time to wait for Michael to re-appear and advise!

And finally, a hacky fix that seems to have got things at least *partially* working on the short tracks stopping problem.

I tried editing the command line options in Spotty-Plugin/Connect/daemon.pm, specifically:

Code:
    	my @helperArgs = (
    		'-c', $self->cache,
    		'-n', $self->name,
    		'--disable-audio-cache',
    		'--bitrate', 96,
    		'--player-mac', $self->mac,
    		'--lms', Slim::Utils::Network::serverAddr() . ':' . preferences('server')->get('httpport'),
    	);
    If I comment out the bitrate specification or set the bit rate to 320, wire's pink flag plays fine. I can play short tracks, skip to short tracks and I can change players without issue.

Code:
    		# '--bitrate', 96,
    Michael, I have no idea why this is working, but I've tested it on both my main LMS server and a test server on my desktop. In both cases it fixes the problem for Pink Flag. I know this is not the long term fix, but I'm hoping this helps pinpoint the problem for you.

However, this does not fix the problem with the first track '!!!!!' on the Billie Eilish Album 'WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP ...'. I've tried fiddling with settings in both Daemon.pm and custom-convert.conf, but haven't had any luck with these. I spent a bit of time checking this with process monitor, and I could see spotty was triggering WerFault a couple of seconds after starting, but I wasn't able to find more detail than this.

Cheers,

Larry

And finally, a hacky fix that seems to have got things at least *partially* working on the short tracks stopping problem.

I tried editing the command line options in Spotty-Plugin/Connect/daemon.pm, specifically:

Code:
    my @helperArgs = (
    '-c', $self->cache,
    '-n', $self->name,
    '--disable-audio-cache',
    '--bitrate', 96,
    '--player-mac', $self->mac,
    '--lms', Slim::Utils::Network::serverAddr() . ':' . preferences('server')->get('httpport'),
    );
    If I comment out the bitrate specification or set the bit rate to 320, wire's pink flag plays fine. I can play short tracks, skip to short tracks and I can change players without issue.

Code:
    # '--bitrate', 96,
    Michael, I have no idea why this is working, but I've tested it on both my main LMS server and a test server on my desktop. In both cases it fixes the problem for Pink Flag. I know this is not the long term fix, but I'm hoping this helps pinpoint the problem for you.

However, this does not fix the problem with the first track '!!!!!' on the Billie Eilish Album 'WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP ...'. I've tried fiddling with settings in both Daemon.pm and custom-convert.conf, but haven't had any luck with these. I spent a bit of time checking this with process monitor, and I could see spotty was triggering WerFault a couple of seconds after starting, but I wasn't able to find more detail than this.

Cheers,

Larry
    Interesting. Does the Billy Eilish track play on your Windows librespot?

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Interesting. Does the Billy Eilish track play on your Windows librespot?
    Good thinking! No it doesn't - and we also get a useful error:

Code:
    [2020-07-18T07:35:56Z INFO  librespot_playback::player] Loading <!!!!!!!> with Spotify URI <spotify:track:0rQtoQXQfwpDW0c7Fw1NeM>
    [2020-07-18T07:35:56Z DEBUG librespot_audio::fetch] Downloading file 8b222626b846729dfde9184323110a36f44c70f9
    [2020-07-18T07:35:56Z ERROR librespot_core::channel] channel error: 2 0
    [2020-07-18T07:35:56Z ERROR librespot_playback::player] Unable to load encrypted file.
    [2020-07-18T07:35:56Z WARN  librespot_connect::spirc] The player has stopped unexpectedly.
    [2020-07-18T07:35:56Z TRACE librespot_connect::spirc] Sending status to server: [kPlayStatusStop]
    I'm seeing this with both IOS and Windows apps.

So it looks like it may be two different (but probably related problems) - one in spotty and one in librespot.

Michael - I'm happy to raise this as an issue for librespot, but it's probably worth waiting until you've done your own digging on spotty. Let me know how you'd like me to run with this.

Cheers,

Larry