Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    And just tested on with LMS running on macos. Same stops on short track outcome.

I'll see if I can find a non-LMS librespot endpoint and check if I'm having the same problems there.

@Laz I think it is not related to the system/os nor to the network. I am on a Linux with ARM CPU (Raspberry) and a cabled network.

My problems began when I changed to 7.9.3 and Spotty 4.2 from 7.9.2 and Spotty 4.x (donĺt know the exact verdion) which worked pretty fine over several month.

Is there a way to downgrade to a previous Spotty version?

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    OK, I've tried a couple more things and have some more information, but not necessarily any illumination.

1) I removed the powerline equipment completely, so all of the networking is through the router/modem. Short tracks still disconnect. I also monitored the spotty process in task manager. Spotty.exe terminates shortly after the device disconnects in the Spotify app (I'm not sure if this is by design).

2) I did a clean install of LMS 7.9.3 (Windows) on a machine that I'm running Squeezelite-X on. Short tracks disconnect almost immediately and spotty.exe also terminates shortly afterwards.

One new data point. If I start a queue with a long song followed by a short one and allow the long song to play to completion, the short song will also play to completion. However, spotty.exe still dies at the start of the short song and all playback stops at the end of the short song (tested with pink flag again - starting with Reuters and allowing playback to continue onto Field Day for the Sundays). This happens with both servers.

I've also got a macos system - I'll run a test on that later.

I tried to check the album @schlenn provided - unfortunately, the tracks aren't licensed in Australia. However, the behaviour I get is different to that described by @schlenn. SpotifyConnect/spotty dies when I start a short track - tracks are not skipped. That said, it sounds like our problems are related.

Cheers,

Larry
    I see the same as you with Pink Flag. I started playing Reuters and my player was shown as connected in the Spotify app. At the end of Reuters, Field day for the Sundays played to the end BUT as soon as it started playing my player no longer showed up as connected in the Spotify app and playback stopped at the end of the track. Has @mherger tried playing the same album?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I see the same as you with Pink Flag. I started playing Reuters and my player was shown as connected in the Spotify app. At the end of Reuters, Field day for the Sundays played to the end BUT as soon as it started playing my player no longer showed up as connected in the Spotify app and playback stopped at the end of the track. Has @mherger tried playing the same album?

Playing the same tracks to an Echo Dot works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by schlenn View Post
    @Laz I think it is not related to the system/os nor to the network. I am on a Linux with ARM CPU (Raspberry) and a cabled network.

My problems began when I changed to 7.9.3 and Spotty 4.2 from 7.9.2 and Spotty 4.x (donĺt know the exact verdion) which worked pretty fine over several month.

Is there a way to downgrade to a previous Spotty version?
    hello michael,
    is there a repository where you keep old versions of Spotty?
    that way we can easily try them out.
    this issue with disappearing Connect device is very frustrating; it comes and goes at random!
    i haven't seen a pattern yet...

I have more information for the issue where pausing causes my player to disconnect even through the Daemon does not terminate. When I notice the pausing issue on my Pixel 3a with Android 10 if I then use my Galaxy 5 with Android 7.1 the issue goes away and even the Pixel 3a works correctly until next time. Does that sound like an issue with the Spotify app?

Thanks to both @schlenn and @slartibartfast for confirming that this is not isolated to my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by schlenn View Post
    @Laz I think it is not related to the system/os nor to the network.
    Agreed, but it was worth taking the time to eliminate this as a possible/likely cause. Michael - please let me know if you'd like a summary of the known configurations tested so far.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    When I notice the pausing issue on my Pixel 3a with Android 10 if I then use my Galaxy 5 with Android 7.1 the issue goes away and even the Pixel 3a works correctly until next time. Does that sound like an issue with the Spotify app?
    Does the same problem (start Reuters, play through Field Day Sundays, spotty disconnects) happen on both the Pixel 3a and the Galaxy 5. If the two apps behave differently, we have something. So far, I've confirmed this as a problem with the following Spotify apps:

- IOS 9.3.6.
    - Windows 10 from Windows store.
    - Windows 10 app direct download from spotify site.

I'll also test an IOS 13 app later today.

@schlenn, could you confirm the app version you are using?

Cheers,

Larry

[Announce] Spotty 4.0 - integrate locallibrary with your Spotify collection (LMS 8+)

> I have more information for the issue where pausing causes my player to
    > disconnect even through the Daemon does not terminate. When I notice the
    > pausing issue on my Pixel 3a with Android 10 if I then use my Galaxy 5
    > with Android 7.1 the issue goes away and even the Pixel 3a works
    > correctly until next time. Does that sound like an issue with the
    > Spotify app?

I won't be able to look into this before the end of the month. Maybe
    this is related?

https://github.com/librespot-org/lib...ment-657292529

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    I won't be able to look into this before the end of the month. Maybe
    this is related?

https://github.com/librespot-org/lib...ment-657292529
    In free software development time frames, end of the month is warp speed!

I'm just happy to have the issue somewhat isolated, and I'm also happy to help with debugging/testing whenever you get the time and the desire to work on it further (I'm not rust literate, so I'm won't be making any development contribution).

I hope the break is a holiday somewhere pleasant! (and not a work related crunch!)

That librespot issue sounds very similar - I'm pretty sure I've had cases where the disconnect occurs and playback continues directly from the app rather than the LMS player.

Hear from you again in a few weeks, and thanks again for all of your contributions to the LMS ecosystem!

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    In free software development time frames, end of the month is warp speed!

I'm just happy to have the issue somewhat isolated, and I'm also happy to help with debugging/testing whenever you get the time and the desire to work on it further (I'm not rust literate, so I'm won't be making any development contribution).

I hope the break is a holiday somewhere pleasant! (and not a work related crunch!)

That librespot issue sounds very similar - I'm pretty sure I've had cases where the disconnect occurs and playback continues directly from the app rather than the LMS player.

Hear from you again in a few weeks, and thanks again for all of your contributions to the LMS ecosystem!
    Can you try the old Spotify version mentioned in the link or is it complicated on IOS?