Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

[Announce] Spotty 4.0 - integrate locallibrary with your Spotify collection (LMS 8+)

> [20-07-07 11:03:21.9330]
    > Plugins::Spotty::Connect:aemonManager::checkAPIConnectPlayers (208)
    > Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force
    > restart: dc:a6:32:4e:be:ab buster
    >
    > my obvious conjecture is that with that option set, Connect device can
    > revive itself...

Well, that was the purpose of that option to start with. Alas, quite
    obviously it doesn't always work.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by san9jay View Post
    Michael,

This issue of the device showing up in the device list but when you play to the device it doesnt play audio and the device selection is lost on Spotify occurs only for the Spotty connected devices. If i choose the Denon it works fine. I was able to see this happen a couple of times at the same time when i was having the issue with the Spotty devices.
    Hi Michael,

I'm getting the same issue as Sanjay. It also looks highly repeatable on my setup, so hopefully I can provide useful data for debugging. The specifics that I have tested so far are:

- It occurs on most (and maybe all) short tracks on Wire's Pink Flag (https://open.spotify.com/album/4WXqZZ28geJSPtqLcCF56L). In this case, short is 1:30 or shorter.
    - I have tested this with the Windows Spotify app, the browser app (Windows again), and the IOS app.
    - I connect to one of my Squeezelite or Squeezeboxen and everything looks good.
    - If I start playing a longer track, everything is as expected.
    - As soon as play moves to a short track, the spotify connect device is disconnected and play stops. This happens if I start on a short track, or when a long track ends and a short track begins, or when I skip to a short track from a long track (in the later case, the long track keeps playing on the disconnected device and then play stops).

I'm going to a bit caught up for some hours, but will post a server log later if needed.

Cheers,

Laz

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > [20-07-07 11:03:21.9330]
    > Plugins::Spotty::Connect:aemonManager::checkAPIConnectPlayers (208)
    > Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force
    > restart: dc:a6:32:4e:be:ab buster
    >
    > my obvious conjecture is that with that option set, Connect device can
    > revive itself...

Well, that was the purpose of that option to start with. Alas, quite
    obviously it doesn't always work.

--

Michael
    yes, it does and doesn't help.
    first thing this morning, all works as expected.
    then after some event like play-next, it's back to can't-select-device situation.
    here's that portion of the log:

[20-07-08 07:08:47.5141] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1417) Invalid data
    [20-07-08 07:16:57.3226] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1431) API call: me/player/next
    [20-07-08 07:16:57.3230] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1435) error: 404 Not Found
    [20-07-08 07:16:57.6168] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1417) Invalid data
    [20-07-08 07:41:29.9774] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1417) Invalid data

[Announce] Spotty 4.0 - integrate locallibrary with your Spotify collection (LMS 8+)

> here's that portion of the log:
    >
    > [20-07-08 07:08:47.5141] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1417) Invalid
    > data

Would you have messages about 429, too?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    Hi Michael,

I'm getting the same issue as Sanjay. It also looks highly repeatable on my setup, so hopefully I can provide useful data for debugging. The specifics that I have tested so far are:

- It occurs on most (and maybe all) short tracks on Wire's Pink Flag (https://open.spotify.com/album/4WXqZZ28geJSPtqLcCF56L). In this case, short is 1:30 or shorter.
    - I have tested this with the Windows Spotify app, the browser app (Windows again), and the IOS app.
    - I connect to one of my Squeezelite or Squeezeboxen and everything looks good.
    - If I start playing a longer track, everything is as expected.
    - As soon as play moves to a short track, the spotify connect device is disconnected and play stops. This happens if I start on a short track, or when a long track ends and a short track begins, or when I skip to a short track from a long track (in the later case, the long track keeps playing on the disconnected device and then play stops).

I'm going to a bit caught up for some hours, but will post a server log later if needed.

Cheers,

Laz
    I have noticed if I play from Spotify Connect playback stops at the end a track and the player disconnects from the Spotify app. It also disconnects if I pause a track. Is this the same issue? Track length seems to be irrelevant for me, disconnection happens after every track.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

> I have noticed if I play from Spotify Connect playback stops at the end
    > a track and the player disconnects from the Spotify app. It also
    > disconnects if I pause a track. Is this the same issue? Track length
    > seems to be irrelevant for me, disconnection happens after every track.

Any trace of status 429 in your server.log file?

--

Michael

> I have noticed if I play from Spotify Connect playback stops at the end
    > a track and the player disconnects from the Spotify app. It also
    > disconnects if I pause a track. Is this the same issue? Track length
    > seems to be irrelevant for me, disconnection happens after every track.

Any trace of status 429 in your server.log file?

--

Michael
    No I have seen them but not at this time. Another strange thing is that after clicking pause in the Spotify app the track pauses in the app but the player disconnects and playback continues on the player.

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Your codec order has flac before ogg. I alway have to verify that, but the rules checking of LMS uses the first rule that has a perfect match and takes codecs in order. Perfect means that no position or secondary tags is missing in which case the rule with higher score prevails. So if spt flc rule is reached and flc codec appears first in the list squeezelite returned, here you go. There is no notion of multi rules or weight of identical rules. Iĺve introduced a solution to have multiple transcoding for the same codec pair, but more test is needed and itĺs not a solution to rank amongst identical rules anyway
    Hmmm... ok.
    With this setup Ogg file are played directly:

But I did not touch custom-convert.conf as far as order of codecs is concerned. I simply added a line to equalize stuff. If I go this way:

The flac rule gets picked up. The second flac rule I disable is the one with sox equalization, but the first flac rule was installed with the regular installation of the plugin.

Currently my custom-convert.conf file looks like this:
    Code:
    spt ogg * bc:5f:f4:bf:3e:70
    	# R
    	[spotty-ogg] -n Squeezebox -c "$CACHE$" --single-track $URL$ --bitrate 320 --disable-discovery --disable-audio-cache --pass-through

spt pcm * *
    	# RT:{START=--start-position %s}
    	[spotty] -n Squeezebox -c "$CACHE$" --single-track $URL$ --bitrate 320 --disable-discovery --disable-audio-cache $START$

spt flc * *
    	[spotty] -n Squeezebox -c "$CACHE$" --single-track $URL$ --bitrate 320 --disable-discovery --disable-audio-cache $START$ | [flac] -cs --channels=2 --sample-rate=44100 --bps=16 --endian=little --sign=signed --fast --totally-silent --ignore-chunk-sizes -

spt mp3 * *
    	# RB:{BITRATE=--abr %B}T:{START=--start-position %s}
    	[spotty] -n Squeezebox -c "$CACHE$" --single-track $URL$ --bitrate 320 --disable-discovery --disable-audio-cache $START$ | [lame] -r --silent -q $QUALITY$ $BITRATE$ - -

spt flc * bc:5f:f4:bf:3e:70
    	[spotty] -n Squeezebox -c "$CACHE$" --single-track $URL$ --bitrate 320 --disable-discovery --disable-audio-cache $START$ | [flac] -cs --channels=2 --sample-rate=44100 --bps=16 --endian=little --sign=signed --fast --totally-silent --ignore-chunk-sizes - | [sox] -q -t flac - -t flac -C 0 -b 24 - gain -6.9 equalizer 30 0.43q +6.2 equalizer 699 2.00q +1.0 equalizer 2924 4.11q -1.7 equalizer 6031 5.05q -6.2 equalizer 9825 4.08q +2.2 equalizer 83 4.24q +1.3 equalizer 209 1.54q -1.2 equalizer 2842 0.1q +0.2 equalizer 12443 1.29q +2.7 equalizer 19698 0.46q -11.8
    So I don't get the "Your codec order has flac before ogg" thing. Before what? Before where? :-)
    Also, as you can see, the passthrough OGG rule is very specific (on purpose), detailing the MAC address of Squeezelite. And yet the flac rule is taking precedence. How can that be?

EDIT

As mentioned I had the problem of tracks stopping and player moving to the next track before the previous one was finished. This was happening with this line:

Code:
    	[spotty] -n Squeezebox -c "$CACHE$" --single-track $URL$ --bitrate 320 --disable-discovery --disable-audio-cache $START$ | [flac] -cs --channels=2 --sample-rate=44100 --bps=16 --endian=little --sign=signed --fast --totally-silent --ignore-chunk-sizes - | [sox] -q -t flac - -t flac -C 0 -b 24 - gain -6.9 equalizer 30 0.43q +6.2 equalizer 699 2.00q +1.0 equalizer 2924 4.11q -1.7 equalizer 6031 5.05q -6.2 equalizer 9825 4.08q +2.2 equalizer 83 4.24q +1.3 equalizer 209 1.54q -1.2 equalizer 2842 0.1q +0.2 equalizer 12443 1.29q +2.7 equalizer 19698 0.46q -11.8
    Now with this new line tracks play in their entirety but the time indicator is "wrong". I see a track lasting 4:00, the progress bar moves and it reaches 4:00 but the music keeps playing on until the tracks ends, with the time indicator alternating between 4:00 and 4:01. And during playback the progress bar in Squeezelite-X moves in unpredictable ways, jumping ahead, then back, then slowly progressing but reaching the end too soon, etc.
    Code:
    	[spotty] -n Squeezebox -c "$CACHE$" --single-track $URL$ --bitrate 320 --disable-discovery --disable-audio-cache $START$ | [ffmpeg] -loglevel quiet -thread_queue_size 50000 -f s16le -i - -filter_complex "equalizer=f=30:t=q:w=0.43:g=6.2,equalizer=f=699:t=q:w=2:g=1,equalizer=f=2924:t=q:w=4.11:g=-1.7,equalizer=f=6031:t=q:w=5.05:g=-6.2,equalizer=f=9825:t=q:w=4.08:g=2.2,equalizer=f=83:t=q:w=4.24:g=1.3,equalizer=f=209:t=q:w=1.54:g=-1.2,equalizer=f=2842:t=q:w=0.1:g=0.2,equalizer=f=12443:t=q:w=1.29:g=2.7,equalizer=f=19698:t=q:w=0.46:g=-11.8" -f flac -
    Last edited by gorman; 2020-07-08 at 10:12.

> here's that portion of the log:
    >
    > [20-07-08 07:08:47.5141] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1417) Invalid
    > data

Would you have messages about 429, too?

--

Michael
    no, i do not see any 429's.
    but here's something that i have noticed; when device selection sticks, Spotify app shows it as
    "Listening On buster" whereas other times, it is shown as "buster Spotify Connect".

just now, buster was not sticking and then, it did and now showing as "Listening On buster."
    and in the log, there is this line

[20-07-08 13:13:37.7440] Plugins::Spotty::Connect:aemonManager::checkAPIConnectPlayers (208) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: dc:a6:32:4e:be:ab buster

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I have noticed if I play from Spotify Connect playback stops at the end a track and the player disconnects from the Spotify app. It also disconnects if I pause a track. Is this the same issue? Track length seems to be irrelevant for me, disconnection happens after every track.

No. I've seen the end of track behaviour you describe when troubleshooting other network issues - I believe I've resolved this per my thread on powerline and spotty and I'm getting pretty robust (many hour) playback streams now.

The problem I'm seeing with the short track disconnect happens before the tracks even start playing (sometimes maybe one or two seconds of buffering, but no audio ever). And as I said, this is repeatable with the short tracks in this album in many configurations.