Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

[Announce] Spotty 4.0 - integrate local library with your Spotify collection (LMS 8+)

I'm happy to announce Spotty v4.0.0. This release adds support for the new online library integration of Logitech Media Server 8.0 (pre-release only!). This integration will list your favourite albums and artists from Spotify (and other supported streaming services) together with your local library. Quick search, random albums etc. will all give you access to your Spotify favourites, too.

Please note that LMS 8 still is under development. If you feel adventurous, then go install it from the usual source of nightly builds. But please be prepared to update often - and to see the random issue here and there.
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Hi Michael

Is there anything I need to do to make this work, a setting somewhere maybe? I've updated LMS to latest nightly (8.0.0 - 1585823230) and Spotty to 4.0.0 but I don't see any of my saved Spotify albums mixed in with my local albums. I'm running everything on PiCorePlayer 6.0.0-rc1.

I've tried doing a 'Clear library and rescan' in case that made a difference.

I tried adding a couple of Spotify albums to favourites by selecting the heart icon in the LMS web interface but that didn't help.

Cheers
    --Ian
    Last edited by Stoker; 2020-04-03 at 07:12.
    --ian

Quote Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
    Hi Michael

Is there anything I need to do to make this work, a setting somewhere maybe? I've updated LMS to latest nightly (8.0.0 - 1585823230) and Spotty to 4.0.0 but I don't see any of my saved Spotify albums mixed in with my local albums. I'm running everything on PiCorePlayer 6.0.0-rc1.

I've tried doing a 'Clear library and rescan' in case that made a difference.

I tried adding a couple of Spotify albums to favourites by selecting the heart icon in the LMS web interface but that didn't help.

Cheers
    --Ian
    Have you installed the "Online Music Library Integration" plugin?
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Have you installed the "Online Music Library Integration" plugin?
    Doh! I didn't know there was such a thing. Now installed and all working as expected. Thanks kidstypike.
    --ian

Quote Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
    Doh! I didn't know there was such a thing. Now installed and all working as expected. Thanks kidstypike.
    No, there's not many do.
    Seems to be a big secret?
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

[Announce] Spotty 4.0 - integrate locallibrary with your Spotify collection (LMS 8+)

>> Doh! I didn't know there was such a thing. Now installed and all working
    >> as expected. Thanks kidstypike.

>
    > No, there's not many do.
    > Seems to be a big secret?

Heh... I should probably enable by default the big new feature of LMS8 :-)

--

Michael

Display of track info often lags behind by one track

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    I'm happy to announce Spotty v4.0.0. This release adds support for the new online library integration of Logitech Media Server 8.0 (pre-release only!). This integration will list your favourite albums and artists from Spotify (and other supported streaming services) together with your local library. Quick search, random albums etc. will all give you access to your Spotify favourites, too.

Please note that LMS 8 still is under development. If you feel adventurous, then go install it from the usual source of nightly builds. But please be prepared to update often - and to see the random issue here and there.
    I have been noticing this on my RaspberryPi running jivelite/squeezelite. Half the time, it is showing the album track previous to what is currently playing. I am not sure who is the culprit here, RPI or Spotty or what?
    Any ideas on what to look for?

Quote Originally Posted by pavowren View Post
    I have been noticing this on my RaspberryPi running jivelite/squeezelite. Half the time, it is showing the album track previous to what is currently playing. I am not sure who is the culprit here, RPI or Spotty or what?
    Any ideas on what to look for?
    When do you notice this happening? Are you just playing from Spotify or a mixture of local tracks and Spotify tracks?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    When do you notice this happening? Are you just playing from Spotify or a mixture of local tracks and Spotify tracks?

It only happens with Spotify playists, never local music. I'd guess it happens nearly always; once in a while, it tracks perfectly.

UPDATE: I just turned on Debug on Spotty and noticed the last track logged is NOT the current track.
    =======
    I see bunch of same logs such as below:

[21-01-06 18:48:08.0134] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getMetadataFor (181) Returning metadata cached in song object for spotify://track:69VOuX3N2H0zFRbtoLWFKA
    [21-01-06 18:48:08.0136] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getMetadataFor (182) {
    album => "Some Love Songs",
    artist => "Marc Copland, Drew Gress, Jochen Rueckert",
    bitrate => "705kbps CBR",
    cover => "https://i.scdn.co/image/ab67616d0000b273126026c796746c14ebc3d970",
    duration => "473.68",
    icon => "/html/images/cover.png",
    originalType => "Ogg Vorbis (Spotify)",
    originaltype => "Ogg Vorbis (Spotify)",
    title => "Spartacus Love Theme",
    type => "Ogg Vorbis (Spotify) (Converted to FLAC)",
    url => "spotify://track:69VOuX3N2H0zFRbtoLWFKA",
    }
    Last edited by pavowren; 2021-01-06 at 16:51.

Quote Originally Posted by pavowren View Post
    It only happens with Spotify playists, never local music. I'd guess it happens nearly always; once in a while, it tracks perfectly.
    OK my theory is out the window then. I have seen it when my HDD goes to sleep during a Spotify track and if the next track is local then the artwork and track info does not change.