Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

[Announce] Spotty 4.0 - integrate locallibrary with your Spotify collection (LMS 8+)

> This is definitely an ongoing problem for me. I've now confirmed it
    > happens for most of the short tracks on Pink Flag, and has occurred
    > several more times on other short tracks. Eg. Minutemen - Paranoid
    > Chant, Minor Threat - Minor Threat.

I've regularly been testing with a playlist of very short tracks (a
    couple dozen seconds). And it should work fine. Do you see the same
    behaviour when controlling playback through LMS?

Can you share your exact settings from Settings/Advanced/Spotty? Did you
    accidentally enable the pre-buffering optimization?

--

Michael

[Announce] Spotty 4.0 - integrate locallibrary with your Spotify collection (LMS 8+)

> Ok, thanks. Is there any short-term workaround I can try myself?

Have you tried to re-install? I changed the URL to use https a day or wo
    ago.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    >
    I've regularly been testing with a playlist of very short tracks (a
    couple dozen seconds). And it should work fine. Do you see the same

Can you share your exact settings from Settings/Advanced/Spotty? Did you
    accidentally enable the pre-buffering optimization?

--

Michael
    I'm pretty sure I checked that this doesn't happen with playback through LMS - only through SpotifyConnect (but will confirm later today or tomorrow).

None of the spotty advanced options are enabled (just rechecked) - I did try pre-buffering at one point, but it made no difference that I could see.

One thing that may contribute - we are in Hobart, Australia, so possibly a long, long way away from any spotify server (I don't know what spotify's presence is like in Oz, but I doubt they'll be operating servers in Tasmania!).

As it is working for you, I'll do another round of testing with a minimal network setup and see if that helps. I probably won't report back for at least 12 hours.

Cheers,

Larry

> Do you see the same

--

Michael
    Just checked - three short tracks play fine direct from LMS.

> As it is working for you, I'll do another round of testing with a
    > minimal network setup and see if that helps. I probably won't report
    > back for at least 12 hours.

No rush: I will be gone for a bit longer :-)

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Now this morning the issue with the player disconnecting on pause has returned. The Daemon doesn't crash though as the player is still listed under devices and I can reselect it but next time I pause (or the song ends) the player disconnects.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Does this make any sense? I was experiencing the issue of player disconnection when pausing a track on my Pixel 3a so I tried installing an older version of Spotify on my Galaxy S5 and found that it worked correctly. I then updated Spotify on the Galaxy S5 expecting to see the issue but again it worked correctly. I tried again on my Pixel 3a and the issue had disappeared on that as well. How can there be any interaction between the two devices? Did the old version of Spotify reset something somehow?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Apologies if this was already answered but I cannot find it.

I really like new Spotty library integration but wondering what is best way to segregate local other audio albums from purely music ones.

I know there was "Multi Library" plugin (Which I never used) but I don't think it works well in LMS 8 or with latest Spotty.

I've tried running another LMS in Docker so I can access "sub library" with "Remote Libraries" but really I have 2 more sub Libraries I would like to create and running 3 docker LMS instances seem like overkill.
    Also there is problem with "Remote Libraries" as it won't allow me to add whole Folder to queue ( Server error) and only single files seem to work.

What would be best way to approach this?

Ideally I'm looking for :
    Main Library : Local Music + Spotty Music
    Sub Library1: Non music audio 1
    Sub Library2: Non music audio 2

Any solution which will allow to only list Main Library in , Artists, Albums, Random Albums etc would be great.

Many thanks
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 3x Squeezebox Radio, SqueezeCommander, Material Skin Apk, Squeezelite-X, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 with Material Skin

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    Just checked - three short tracks play fine direct from LMS.
    I have the very same problems like @Laz has: Short tracks are skipped and are not played. I have the problems since I have updated from a previous version of Spotty 4.x (do not know the exact version unfortunately) to 4.2.

I even did a fresh install of 7.9.3 and Spotty 4.2 and the problems are still there. So it seems not a broken installation.

By setup:
    - Raspberry (ARMv7)
    - Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.3 - 1591161343 @ Thu Jun 4 04:15:24 CEST 2020
    - Perl-Version: 5.28.1 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    - Clients with SqueezeLite v1.9.2-1143

You can try the beaviour with: spotify:album:3pFqrFzvHWjArK7h9Cxmp1

It skips track 1-12 and starts with track 13. I tested LMS WebUI and iPeng with the same behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by schlenn View Post
    I have the very same problems like @Laz has: Short tracks are skipped and are not played.
    Just tested with an old version of squeezelite v1.8.7-1007 and also with the latest squeezelite v1.9.7-1256. Same behaviour. No problems with local MP3 files streamed from my NAS.

SpotifyConnect - Short tracks disconnect

> As it is working for you, I'll do another round of testing with a
    > minimal network setup and see if that helps. I probably won't report
    > back for at least 12 hours.

No rush: I will be gone for a bit longer :-)

--

Michael
    OK, I've tried a couple more things and have some more information, but not necessarily any illumination.

1) I removed the powerline equipment completely, so all of the networking is through the router/modem. Short tracks still disconnect. I also monitored the spotty process in task manager. Spotty.exe terminates shortly after the device disconnects in the Spotify app (I'm not sure if this is by design).

2) I did a clean install of LMS 7.9.3 (Windows) on a machine that I'm running Squeezelite-X on. Short tracks disconnect almost immediately and spotty.exe also terminates shortly afterwards.

One new data point. If I start a queue with a long song followed by a short one and allow the long song to play to completion, the short song will also play to completion. However, spotty.exe still dies at the start of the short song and all playback stops at the end of the short song (tested with pink flag again - starting with Reuters and allowing playback to continue onto Field Day for the Sundays). This happens with both servers.

I've also got a macos system - I'll run a test on that later.

I tried to check the album @schlenn provided - unfortunately, the tracks aren't licensed in Australia. However, the behaviour I get is different to that described by @schlenn. SpotifyConnect/spotty dies when I start a short track - tracks are not skipped. That said, it sounds like our problems are related.

Cheers,

Larry