Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I have noticed if I play from Spotify Connect playback stops at the end
    > a track and the player disconnects from the Spotify app. It also
    > disconnects if I pause a track. Is this the same issue? Track length
    > seems to be irrelevant for me, disconnection happens after every track.

Any trace of status 429 in your server.log file?

--

Michael
    Should I set the logging for Spotty to anything other than Warn?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

SpotifyConnect doesn't at the start of short tracks

Hi Michael,

Repeating my earlier description for context.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post

- It occurs on most (and maybe all) short tracks on Wire's Pink Flag (https://open.spotify.com/album/4WXqZZ28geJSPtqLcCF56L). In this case, short is 1:30 or shorter.
    - I have tested this with the Windows Spotify app, the browser app (Windows again), and the IOS app.
    - I connect to one of my Squeezelite or Squeezeboxen and everything looks good.
    - If I start playing a longer track, everything is as expected.
    - As soon as play moves to a short track, the spotify connect device is disconnected and play stops. This happens if I start on a short track, or when a long track ends and a short track begins, or when I skip to a short track from a long track (in the later case, the long track keeps playing on the disconnected device and then play stops).
    I've attached my server log for the following cases (token and user strings edited out):

1) Connect to my Desktop Squeezelite from the Windows spotify app (green bar at the bottom of app confirming this).
    2) Find Wire - Pink Flag.
    3) Start playback of Three Girl Rhumba at 10:17 ish.
    4) The app disconnects after about three seconds of buffering (green bar disappears).

The only reference I can find to this track in the log is at 10:21, where it shows up as part of the track listing when I do the next test:

1) Connect to my Desktop Squeezelite from the Windows spotify app.
    2) Find Wire - Pink Flag.
    3) Start playback of Reuters at 10:21 ish. Everything is playing fine.
    4) Skip forward after 30s to Field Day for the Sundays.
    5) The app disconnects after about two seconds of buffering. Playback of Reuters continues on Squeezelite and then stops at the end of the track.

Again, the only reference I can find to Field Day for the Sundays is in the track listing.

I've also fired up Pink Flag directly from the Squeezelite player. This has no trouble playing the short tracks. I haven't logged this.

At this point, I'm not sure what else I should be looking for in the way of troubleshooting information. It'd be great if you could point me at next steps on this one.

Edit: Just happened again on Minutemen - Paranoid chant - Paranoid Time. A 1:19 track. So either some of Spotty/SpotifyConnect/Spotify doesn't like early punk much, or short tracks appear to be a common theme. The associated log entry appears to be:

Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1417) Invalid data

Cheers,

Laz
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Laz; 2020-07-08 at 18:46.

Please Michael, you're my only hope.

Ok, I don't know what more to try...

My intent is of using sox to equalize music coming from Spotty to my headphones.

My custom.conf line reads like this:

Code:
    spt flc * bc:5f:f4:bf:3e:70
    	# RT:{START=--start-position %s}
    	[spotty] -n Squeezebox -c "$CACHE$" --single-track $URL$ --bitrate 320 --disable-discovery --disable-audio-cache $START$ | [sox] -q --endian little -t s16 -r 44100 -c 2 - -t flac -C 0 -b 24 - gain -6.9 equalizer 30 0.43q +6.2 equalizer 699 2.00q +1.0 equalizer 2924 4.11q -1.7 equalizer 6031 5.05q -6.2 equalizer 9825 4.08q +2.2 equalizer 83 4.24q +1.3 equalizer 209 1.54q -1.2 equalizer 2842 0.1q +0.2 equalizer 12443 1.29q +2.7 equalizer 19698 0.46q -11.8
    It works perfectly. I can write a complete output file, correctly processed by sox, if I use the tokenized command from logs.

The problem comes when I play through my Squeezelite installation (Windows 10 Pro x64 1903, Squeezelite v1.9.7-1256). Playback starts normally and music is perfect but... after a minute or so, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less, playback stops. If I was using a playlist, playback goes to the next track, where the behaviour repeats.

Now, I've activated all debug logs I thought might help in solving this. Note that the Squeezelite player has the bc:5f:f4:bf:3e:70 mac address, as per the custom.conf line above.

https://pastebin.com/dXTwnymR

From what little I can see, the buffer fills fast and for a certain amount of time remains at 99% fullness. Then we get this:
    Code:
    [20-07-09 02:49:04.5769] Slim::Player::Source::_readNextChunk (349) Read to end of file or pipe
    [20-07-09 02:49:04.5771] Slim::Player::Source::_readNextChunk (372) end of file or error on socket, song pos: 15813109
    [20-07-09 02:49:04.5772] Slim::Player::Source::_readNextChunk (377) bc:5f:f4:bf:3e:70 mark end of stream
    [20-07-09 02:49:04.5775] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_eventAction (270) bc:5f:f4:bf:3e:70: LocalEndOfStream in PLAYING-STREAMING -> Slim::Player::StreamingController::_Streamout
    [20-07-09 02:49:04.5776] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_setStreamingState (2386) new streaming state STREAMOUT
    [20-07-09 02:49:04.5777] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_eventAction (302) bc:5f:f4:bf:3e:70: LocalEndOfStream - new state PLAYING-STREAMOUT
    Followed by this:
    Code:
    [20-07-09 02:49:23.0092] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_eventAction (270) bc:5f:f4:bf:3e:70: StatusHeartbeat in PLAYING-STREAMOUT -> Slim::Player::StreamingController::_CheckSync
    [20-07-09 02:49:23.0593] Slim::Networking::Slimproto::client_readable (393) Slimproto frame: DSCO, len: 1
    [20-07-09 02:49:23.0598] Slim::Networking::Slimproto::_disco_handler (589) Squeezebox got disconnection on the data channel: Connection closed normally
    [20-07-09 02:49:23.0601] Slim::Player::StreamingController::playerEndOfStream (2286) bc:5f:f4:bf:3e:70
    [20-07-09 02:49:23.0605] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_eventAction (270) bc:5f:f4:bf:3e:70: EndOfStream in PLAYING-STREAMOUT -> Slim::Player::StreamingController::_AutoStart
    [20-07-09 02:49:23.0608] Slim::Player::StreamingController::_setStreamingState (2386) new streaming state STREAMOUT
    And from there the fullness slowly goes down until playback stops in the middle of the song. The song I played lasts 4:19.627, length I get from the test.flac file I get by using the tokenized command you can find in the above log, like this:
    Code:
    "C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\Spotty\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\spotty.exe" --enable-volume-normalisation  -n Squeezebox -c "C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\spotty\87623e24" --single-track "spotify://track:6hwawJtSqgzNfYfLfqTv2p" --bitrate 320 --disable-discovery --disable-audio-cache | "C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\sox.exe" -q --endian little -t s16 -r 44100 -c 2 - -t flac -C 0 -b 24 D:\test.flac gain -6.9 equalizer 30 0.43q +6.2 equalizer 699 2.00q +1.0 equalizer 2924 4.11q -1.7 equalizer 6031 5.05q -6.2 equalizer 9825 4.08q +2.2 equalizer 83 4.24q +1.3 equalizer 209 1.54q -1.2 equalizer 2842 0.1q +0.2 equalizer 12443 1.29q +2.7 equalizer 19698 0.46q -11.8
    Using this commandline the file comes down perfect, with metadata comment "Processed by SoX".

Please help. I've spent four hours trying to solve this.

EDIT: Don't know if this can help but if I pause a song every now and then, it finishes playback correctly. I guess pausing and restarting it somehow "refreshes" whatever makes it stop after a while.
    Last edited by gorman; 2020-07-08 at 18:30.

[Announce] Spotty 4.0 - integrate locallibrary with your Spotify collection (LMS 8+)

> The problem I'm seeing with the short track disconnect happens before
    > the tracks even start playing (sometimes maybe one or two seconds of
    > buffering, but no audio ever). And as I said, this is repeatable with
    > the short tracks in this album in many configurations.

You're using squeezelite, aren't you? Did you modify its buffer size
    settings?

--

Michael

[Announce] Spotty 4.0 - integrate locallibrary with your Spotify collection (LMS 8+)

>> Any trace of status 429 in your server.log file?
    > Should I set the logging for Spotty to anything other than Warn?

No, then 429s you should see as warnings.

--

Michael

> The problem comes when I play through my Squeezelite installation
    > (Windows 10 Pro x64 1903, Squeezelite v1.9.7-1256). Playback starts
    > normally and music is perfect but... after a minute or so, sometimes a
    > little more, sometimes a little less, playback stops. If I was using a
    > playlist, playback goes to the next track, where the behaviour repeats.

Would it work without the sox tweak?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by gorman View Post

EDIT: Don't know if this can help but if I pause a song every now and then, it finishes playback correctly. I guess pausing and restarting it somehow "refreshes" whatever makes it stop after a while.
    As a general rule, mherger does not see the edited version of posts because he reads the forum via email notifications and those only contain the original post.
    He should see this.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

> The problem I'm seeing with the short track disconnect happens before
    > the tracks even start playing (sometimes maybe one or two seconds of
    > buffering, but no audio ever). And as I said, this is repeatable with
    > the short tracks in this album in many configurations.

You're using squeezelite, aren't you? Did you modify its buffer size
    settings?

--

Michael
    Hi Michael,

This happens on both Squeezelite and OG squeezeboxen. I'm using vanilla Squeezelite, no changes to any settings.

Cheers,

Larry

>> Any trace of status 429 in your server.log file?
    > Should I set the logging for Spotty to anything other than Warn?

No, then 429s you should see as warnings.

--

Michael
    Now today it seems to be working correctly. I have no idea why.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

> The problem comes when I play through my Squeezelite installation
    > (Windows 10 Pro x64 1903, Squeezelite v1.9.7-1256). Playback starts
    > normally and music is perfect but... after a minute or so, sometimes a
    > little more, sometimes a little less, playback stops. If I was using a
    > playlist, playback goes to the next track, where the behaviour repeats.

Would it work without the sox tweak?
    I'm not sure if I get your question correctly but I've tried doing an experiment. I took out the equalization portion of the sox instruction, leaving just:

Code:
    spt flc * bc:5f:f4:bf:3e:70
    	# RT:{START=--start-position %s}
    	[spotty] -n Squeezebox -c "$CACHE$" --single-track $URL$ --bitrate 320 --disable-discovery --disable-audio-cache $START$ | [sox] -q --endian little -t s16 -r 44100 -c 2 - -t flac -C 0 -b 24 -
    One song played through completely, the next one stopped in the middle like before and the four after that I've tried, same thing.

Next I tried disabling the above line and went back to using the ogg->flac one in standard custom-convert.conf from Spotty.
    Same thing is happening. Songs play for a while and then stop. You have full logs in the previous message above for when that happens (with sox).

The only way I am able to play music fully is by using the native OGG streaming option or the OGG->MP3 option. Which leads me to believe it's a problem of... buffer? Since playing and pausing, playing and pausing brings songs to their end evend with sox or flac.