Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

[Announce] Spotty 4.0 - integrate local library with your Spotify collection (LMS 8+)

I'm happy to announce Spotty v4.0.0. This release adds support for the new online library integration of Logitech Media Server 8.0 (pre-release only!). This integration will list your favourite albums and artists from Spotify (and other supported streaming services) together with your local library. Quick search, random albums etc. will all give you access to your Spotify favourites, too.

Please note that LMS 8 still is under development. If you feel adventurous, then go install it from the usual source of nightly builds. But please be prepared to update often - and to see the random issue here and there.
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Hi Michael

Is there anything I need to do to make this work, a setting somewhere maybe? I've updated LMS to latest nightly (8.0.0 - 1585823230) and Spotty to 4.0.0 but I don't see any of my saved Spotify albums mixed in with my local albums. I'm running everything on PiCorePlayer 6.0.0-rc1.

I've tried doing a 'Clear library and rescan' in case that made a difference.

I tried adding a couple of Spotify albums to favourites by selecting the heart icon in the LMS web interface but that didn't help.

Cheers
    --Ian
    Last edited by Stoker; 2020-04-03 at 07:12.
    --ian

Quote Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
    Hi Michael

Is there anything I need to do to make this work, a setting somewhere maybe? I've updated LMS to latest nightly (8.0.0 - 1585823230) and Spotty to 4.0.0 but I don't see any of my saved Spotify albums mixed in with my local albums. I'm running everything on PiCorePlayer 6.0.0-rc1.

I've tried doing a 'Clear library and rescan' in case that made a difference.

I tried adding a couple of Spotify albums to favourites by selecting the heart icon in the LMS web interface but that didn't help.

Cheers
    --Ian
    Have you installed the "Online Music Library Integration" plugin?
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 6.1.0/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Have you installed the "Online Music Library Integration" plugin?
    Doh! I didn't know there was such a thing. Now installed and all working as expected. Thanks kidstypike.
    --ian

Quote Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
    Doh! I didn't know there was such a thing. Now installed and all working as expected. Thanks kidstypike.
    No, there's not many do.
    Seems to be a big secret?
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 6.1.0/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 7xRPi

[Announce] Spotty 4.0 - integrate locallibrary with your Spotify collection (LMS 8+)

>> Doh! I didn't know there was such a thing. Now installed and all working
    >> as expected. Thanks kidstypike.

>
    > No, there's not many do.
    > Seems to be a big secret?

Heh... I should probably enable by default the big new feature of LMS8 :-)

--

Michael