Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Feature Request - Update server-side alarm menu

I reached out to the developer of iPeng with a feature request to make it so we could have each alarm toggleable in the alarm menu so that the time of each alarm would be shown when disabled without having to go into each alarm to see its time. I was told that iPeng uses a server-side alarm menu and thus my feature request was not really possible and that the best solution would be update the server side menu in such a way that my original request could be implemented. I don't pretend to know what would be involved, though I suspect Michael would know! I said I'd post here ... so here it is!

Feature Request - Updateserver-side alarm menu

Today it would be either "Alarm X: Off", or "Alarm X: 7:00am". You'd
    want something like "Alarm X: Off (7:00am)"?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Today it would be either "Alarm X: Off", or "Alarm X: 7:00am". You'd
    want something like "Alarm X: Off (7:00am)"?

--

Michael
    Yes that would be wonderful. Or perhaps "Alarm X: Off (7:00am MTWThF)" if that doesn't take up too much room... most important thing is to show the time.

It would be really nice to do this for the player UI (SB1/2/3/boom) as well; it is so irritating to have to turn on each alarm in turn to remember which time each is set up for and figure out which one I actually want.

While we're dreaming :-) what I really would like is (on the Boom) to be able to long-hold the snooze bar, and have it create an ephemeral alarm for the next day, with the time initialized from whatever alarm is active for the next day and otherwise maybe alarm #1, and then let you edit the time of that ephemeral alarm. One of these days when I get back to hacking on slimserver that's on my long list...