Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Slim::Display::Display::string (887) Error: missing string STAFF_PICKS

I don't know when it started, but it's here now and flooding the server.log with these two errors:

Code:
    [20-04-01 12:27:34.5746] Slim::Display::Display::string (887) Error: missing string PLUGIN_EXTENDED_BROWSEMODES_LOUNGE
    [20-04-01 12:27:34.5753] Slim::Display::Display::string (887) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Display/Display.pm line 887)
       frame 1: Slim::Display::Display::string (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Player/Player.pm line 193)
       frame 2: Slim::Player::Player::string (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Control/Jive.pm line 3068)
       frame 3: Slim::Control::Jive::_localizeMenuItemText (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Control/Jive.pm line 261)
       frame 4: Slim::Control::Jive::mainMenu (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Control/Jive.pm line 222)
       frame 5: Slim::Control::Jive::menuQuery (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1883)
       frame 6: (eval) (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1883)
       frame 7: Slim::Control::Request::execute (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Web/Cometd.pm line 870)
       frame 8: Slim::Web::Cometd::handleRequest (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Web/Cometd.pm line 533)
       frame 9: Slim::Web::Cometd::handler (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Web/Cometd.pm line 112)
       frame 10: Slim::Web::Cometd::webHandler (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 467)
       frame 11: Slim::Web::HTTP::processHTTP (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 122)
       frame 12: (eval) (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 118)
       frame 13: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 167)
       frame 14: (eval) (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 167)
       frame 15: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::loop (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/slimserver.pl line 728)
       frame 16: main::idle (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/slimserver.pl line 678)
       frame 17: main::main (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/slimserver.pl line 1211)

[20-04-01 12:27:34.5973] Slim::Display::Display::string (887) Error: missing string STAFF_PICKS
    [20-04-01 12:27:34.5981] Slim::Display::Display::string (887) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Display/Display.pm line 887)
       frame 1: Slim::Display::Display::string (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Player/Player.pm line 193)
       frame 2: Slim::Player::Player::string (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Utils/Strings.pm line 545)
       frame 3: Slim::Utils::Strings::clientString (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1648)
       frame 4: Slim::Control::Request::string (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Plugin/OPMLBased.pm line 203)
       frame 5: Slim::Plugin::OPMLBased::__ANON__ (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1883)
       frame 6: (eval) (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1883)
       frame 7: Slim::Control::Request::execute (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Web/Cometd.pm line 870)
       frame 8: Slim::Web::Cometd::handleRequest (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Web/Cometd.pm line 533)
       frame 9: Slim::Web::Cometd::handler (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Web/Cometd.pm line 112)
       frame 10: Slim::Web::Cometd::webHandler (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 467)
       frame 11: Slim::Web::HTTP::processHTTP (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 122)
       frame 12: (eval) (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 118)
       frame 13: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 167)
       frame 14: (eval) (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 167)
       frame 15: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::loop (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/slimserver.pl line 728)
       frame 16: main::idle (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/slimserver.pl line 678)
       frame 17: main::main (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/slimserver.pl line 1211)
    What's happening here? I stopped the server and deleted extendedbrowsemodes.prefs, then restarted the server and configured ABM (I deleted everything and created "Lounge"), but it didn't help.
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2020-04-01 at 09:12. Reason: typo
    QLMS 8.0.0@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

The SB Controller shows "PLUGIN_EXTENDED_BROWSEMODES_LOUNGE" (instead of "Lounge") in "Eigene Musik" (=My Music) and "STAFF_PICKS" instead of whatever it should be in "Radio". The Controller's language is German.

Did something change regarding the languages? I noticed that Material on my (German) iPhone now is in English. Roughly a week ago it was German. Could whatever have caused this be causing these errors?

I switched to English on my Controller and both "Staff Picks" and "Lounge" are displayed correctly. Then I checked one of my Touches: It's a mixture of German and English, "Bibliothek umschalten" next to "Search" and "Playlists". The Controller (German) shows everything in German, except these "missing string" entries.

The players (except two of them) are set to German, the server to English. What's going on here?

Slim::Display::Display::string

> Did something change regarding the languages? I noticed that Material on
    > my (German) iPhone now is in English. Roughly a week ago it was German.
    > Could whatever have caused this be causing these errors?

Nothing changed, no. Some of those strings are created during plugin
    initialization, some are imported from mysb.com. But they should be
    stored in a file called extrastrings.json in your cache folder. You
    could remove it to have it re-built, or add what is missing manually.

--

Michael

> The players (except two of them) are set to German, the server to
    > English. What's going on here?

Heh... I just played with language settings for the first time in a
    while. And sure enough I got those dumps, too... I'll look into this asap.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Heh... I just played with language settings for the first time in a
    while.
    Same here.

And sure enough I got those dumps, too... I'll look into this asap.
    Thank you!

Could you please update to the latest and try again?

Am I right assuming that you have some clients configured to use a
    different language than LMS' language setting?

--

Michael

Could you please update to the latest and try again?

Am I right assuming that you have some clients configured to use a
    different language than LMS' language setting?
    Will do and yes:

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    The players (except two of them) are set to German, the server to English.

Had to power-cycle the players for the changes to take effect, but now it's back to normal. Thank you!

When did you make this change you now reverted (aka how long did I not see this)?
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2020-04-02 at 08:24. Reason: wasn't finished writing...

reverted