Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by MarSOnEarth View Post
    I'm using LMS (on Win10) with your plugin playing into Rpi 4/HiFiBerry DAC+ combo and into a Denon AVR-X1300W.

Things basically work, but there are odd things happening with volume. With version 1.5, the plugin would switch the AVR on, select the right input, and in v1.5 it would set the volume to what I wanted after much try&error which resulted in a 250% max volume in the plugin settings. That translated into 74% volume on the AVR. With v.2.0 this no longer works (the volume on the AVR is left alone), but that's not the biggest problem.

With both versions of the plugin, let's say; I set the volume to 50% in LMS and on the Denon. Now, I start to increase the volume in LMS and somewhere around 85% (in LMS) the volume on the Denon suddenly drops to ~ 15%. Now, in addition to that behavior, in v2.0 the AVR volume similarly drops when I *decrease* the volume in LMS... often, BUT not always. Basically, the volume level control is quite unruly.

Here are my (relevant) settings:

- Delay to set the Quick Select choice: 0
    - Quick Select Option: 3
    - Zone Option: Main
    - Maximum volume of DENON AVP/AVR: 100
    - Enable synching the volume?: 0

Enable audio settings menus?: 0

Thanks for any advice.
    You might try turning on Debug (go the Settings page and select Advanced>Logging and then select Debug for DenonAVPControl). Probably have to restart LMS for the debugging to take effect.

Then try a few things and see what the logs say. It may give you a hint if something behaves differently. There is a lot of debugging code in there to let you see requests and actions. Perhaps some of the delays built into the plugin don't work for you and you could try tweaking them for your environment.

One the max volume issue I have no comment. Perhaps they changed the API specs for your device. I don't know as my AVP is decades old. But again maybe the delays could help here so it waits longer for your device to function.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus View Post
    You might try turning on Debug (go the Settings page and select Advanced>Logging and then select Debug for DenonAVPControl).
    Thanks for your suggestion. After setting up a few tests there's hope... things are repeatable. Next I'll capture the debug information.

Thanks

Thanks for your suggestion. After setting up a few tests there's hope... things are repeatable. Next I'll capture the debug information.

Thanks
    Post any revelations that you find in case I need to update the plugin.
    Chris

I will. Got all "distracted" with setting up a TV we just got.

Later

I will. Got all "distracted" with setting up a TV we just got.

Later
    Got around to run some test and:
    a) could not reproduce the previously observed behavior, and
    b) discovered a new problem, but it's most likely with the AVR itself.

When I get around to it, I'll reset and re-configure the AVR, and then I'll poke around again, but for now, suddenly, the plug-in will not turn on/off the AVR (before there was no problem with that), and the volume changes in LMS work as expected, and the same regardless of the "max volume" setting. BTW, I also tried to run the other LMS Denon plug-in (DenonSerial by Peter Watkins); same results.

OK, a new attempt, but firstly the thing about my receiver (AVR-1300W). Now I know what triggers it's "funny" state. In its web I/F there is a "Web Update" button (in addition to the two exposed through the remote's "Settings", i.e. "Update" and "Add New Features") which when pushed trigers it. It insists on loading a local firmware file and using it to update the AVR. In this state, any attempt to connect to the receiver's web I/F will land on that "Web Update" page, and any other URI is not recognized as valid. Even cycling the power does not cancel the state, even though the AVR seems to be operating as expected through the remote. Only pulling the power cord finally reset it. After that, the receiver notified that there's firmware update available, and I updated. All the preceding is just to let you know that the receivers end would not the be a likely culprit for what I got to observe, although; weirdly enough, I still can't directly connect to it with Win10's build in 'telnet' client, but the web I/F is working OK.

Now, back to debugging the plug-in. It still has that new problem of not triggering the power on/off. Here's the part of the "server.log":
    Code:
    [20-06-06 11:14:40.8202] Plugins::DenonAvpControl::Plugin::commandCallback (699) *** DenonAvpControl: power request1: Slim::Control::Request=HASH(0xc65150c) 
    [20-06-06 11:14:41.2705] Plugins::DenonAvpControl::Plugin::handlePowerStatus (807) *** DenonAvpControl: handling Power ON Status 
    [20-06-06 11:14:41.2708] Plugins::DenonAvpControl::DenonAvpComms::SendNetAvpPowerStatus (258) Calling query for zone state
    [20-06-06 11:14:41.2721] Plugins::DenonAvpControl::DenonAvpComms::writemsg (350) Sent AVP command request: PW?
    [20-06-06 11:14:42.2848] Plugins::DenonAvpControl::DenonAvpComms::_error (360) error routine called
    [20-06-06 11:14:42.2851] Plugins::DenonAvpControl::DenonAvpComms::_error (366) error connecting to url: error=Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor url=HTTP://10.10.10.203:23
    BTW, that error routine is called after every command, successful, or not, sent to the AVR.

OK, talking about all things random... frustrating. After manually turning the AVR on and playing around with volume, now the plug-in and AVR started playing nice together again, and the power off/on works now.

Hmm. You know, I'm going to just send you the server log and hope that you can find in it more then I can see.

BTW, I'll be happy to assist you in any way you'll need.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Telnet

BTW, 'telnet' connects now too. (shrug)

BTW, 'telnet' connects now too. (shrug)
    OK. So do we have any issues to work on then?
    Chris

OK. So do we have any issues to work on then?
    Stability and repeatability ;-)

OK, seriously though; now that all seems to be working OK, I'll be using the plug-in while keeping debugging on.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks!

Stability and repeatability ;-)

OK, seriously though; now that all seems to be working OK, I'll be using the plug-in while keeping debugging on.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks!
    Sounds great. Maybe some networking issues?

Let me know if issues crop up again.
    Chris