Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    That was it!
    It works perfectly.

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cracky View Post
    Hi,

first thanks to Martin for the work he made!

I upgraded my DS712+ to an DS920+ on Black Friday.
    First I was shocked that LMS ist not longer available in the Paket Libary.
    Then I was pleased that there is an alternative repository to install it.

Now the next shock: LSM will not work under DSM 7.

Today I tried LMS on docker. It works fine on my synology.
    The are many Containers with LMS.
    This one: https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/lm...chmediaserver/ works fine.

1. Install Docker on your synology
    2. Serch for lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver in the registy of Docker. (I have tried other Dockerimages but this
    one works best.)
    3. Download lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver
    3. In the tab Image the progress is shown. If finished you can start it from here.
    4. Follow the assistant.
    5. Have fun.

In the assistant under Volume you have to map your Music volume (and maybe orhers) to the docker image.
    I use iTunes intergration so I mount the Folder containing the ituneslibary.xml to /mnt.
    Then you can select the .xml in the iTunes Tab of the Media Server.
    Further the shairtunes2 Plungin vor Airplay works fine.

Greetings
    mr.cracky

mr.cracky has already provided guide steps.. I will just go into more details for those unfamiliar with docker:

I'd advise to initially make note of your existing LMS config: what plugins are installed , what music folders, players settings, exports playlists..etc then stop pinkdot's LMS package (to avoid) ports conflicts.

1. go to package center , find and install docker,
    2. open docker , on left side click on registry and search for lms, select lmscommunity image and click download...

Name:  lms01.JPG
Views: 2280
Size:  79.0 KB

your will get option to choose version ( I went for latest which is 8.0.1) ..it will take a short while to download.(you will get notification when finished)

4. Click on image side tab, select lmscommunity image and click launch

Name:  lms02.JPG
Views: 2221
Size:  86.7 KB

5. you can name and set cpu priority and max memory allocation , then click on advanced settings

Name:  lms03.JPG
Views: 2210
Size:  48.0 KB

6. Select enable autostart

Name:  lms04.JPG
Views: 2202
Size:  18.3 KB

7. in Volume tab, you map your local music from NAS shared folder to LMS music folder as well as specify where LMS config file will be stored.. (ohh and playlists)

This is as per docker info page : https://hub.docker.com/r/lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver

volumes:
    - /<somewhere>:/config:rw
    - /<somewhere>:/music:ro
    - /<somewhere>:/playlist:ro

ps somewhere is folder on your NAS

Name:  lms05.JPG
Views: 2220
Size:  31.6 KB

8. Under Network tab select : use the same network as Docker Host (left bottom) and click apply. Next and Apply

I think that's it. Please note your LMS will be now under port 9000 instead of 9002 (from pinkdot package) so you may have to update your app or browser bookmarks etc..

(ohhh in case if your music library is on more then one NAS shared folder you will have to create symlink.. but that another tutorial )

Hope that helps, if anything is not clear just ask
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    mr.cracky has already provided guide steps.. I will just go into more details for those unfamiliar with docker:

I'd advise to initially make note of your existing LMS config: what plugins are installed , what music folders, players settings, exports playlists..etc then stop pinkdot's LMS package (to avoid) ports conflicts.

1. go to package center , find and install docker,
    2. open docker , on left side click on registry and search for lms, select lmscommunity image and click download...

Name:  lms01.JPG
Views: 2280
Size:  79.0 KB

your will get option to choose version ( I went for latest which is 8.0.1) ..it will take a short while to download.(you will get notification when finished)

4. Click on image side tab, select lmscommunity image and click launch

Name:  lms02.JPG
Views: 2221
Size:  86.7 KB

5. you can name and set cpu priority and max memory allocation , then click on advanced settings

Name:  lms03.JPG
Views: 2210
Size:  48.0 KB

6. Select enable autostart

Name:  lms04.JPG
Views: 2202
Size:  18.3 KB

7. in Volume tab, you map your local music from NAS shared folder to LMS music folder as well as specify where LMS config file will be stored.. (ohh and playlists)

This is as per docker info page : https://hub.docker.com/r/lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver

volumes:
    - /<somewhere>:/config:rw
    - /<somewhere>:/music:ro
    - /<somewhere>:/playlist:ro

ps somewhere is folder on your NAS

Name:  lms05.JPG
Views: 2220
Size:  31.6 KB

8. Under Network tab select : use the same network as Docker Host (left bottom) and click apply. Next and Apply

I think that's it. Please note your LMS will be now under port 9000 instead of 9002 (from pinkdot package) so you may have to update your app or browser bookmarks etc..

(ohhh in case if your music library is on more then one NAS shared folder you will have to create symlink.. but that another tutorial )

Hope that helps, if anything is not clear just ask

Hi,

good description @Jaca!

Greetings mr.cracky

Thank you all. Unfortunately Docker doesn’t seem to be available for my NAS, DS214Play. Do you know of any workarounds?

Quote Originally Posted by rk19 View Post
    Thank you all. Unfortunately Docker doesn’t seem to be available for my NAS, DS214Play. Do you know of any workarounds?
    Yeah unfortunately not every Synology NAS can run docker / virtualization. Don't think there is any workaround, I'm afraid :/

I believe Raspberry Pi with PiCorePlayer is probably your best option.
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Thanks a lot for the explanation. Seems pretty straight forward, yet I seem to struggle somewhat .

For one the container crashes instantly when I select "host" network. It loads fine in "bridge" mode (but I gotta sort the ports then).

However I cannot map the same volumes either. The "docker" folder doesn't seem to have any subfolders, so I can't map docker/LMS.

Also if I map my music folder to /music I cannot see a music folder in LMS settings. I do see an /mnt folder however a scan doesn't show anything turning up there.

I must be doing something simple wrong - any ideas?

Not sure which version to select here btw:

Name:  docker.png
Views: 2151
Size:  16.6 KB

I have to create the LMS folder:

Views: 2141
Size:  12.0 KB

Is that correct?
    Last edited by NikolajC; 2020-12-13 at 08:23.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolajC View Post

For one the container crashes instantly when I select "host" network. It loads fine in "bridge" mode (but I gotta sort the ports then).
    Some ports conflict.. Probably Pinkdot package is still running.. Make sure you stop exiting LMS first.. Alternatively experiment with bridge mode ports.. but I had no luck in bridge mode.

However I cannot map the same volumes either. The "docker" folder doesn't seem to have any subfolders, so I can't map docker/LMS.
    You just create subfolder yourself .. there is option to create folder in dialog.. so select Docker then New Folder.. (or you other location.. although there may be permissions change required elsewhere I'm not sure)

Also if I map my music folder to /music I cannot see a music folder in LMS settings. I do see an /mnt folder however a scan doesn't show anything turning up there.

I must be doing something simple wrong - any ideas?
    It should be under music not mnt.. hmm not sure whats wrong there.. can you provide print screen maybe ?

Thanks - I did stop Pinkdot LMS first, however I get this:

Views: 2140
Size:  16.9 KB

Could be another service on one of the other ports I guess, but then Pinkdot would probably have failed as well...

Also crashes if I try to start LMS using another port (using the environment):

Views: 2138
Size:  15.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post

You just create subfolder yourself .. there is option to create folder in dialog.. so select Docker then New Folder.. (or you other location.. although there may be permissions change required elsewhere I'm not sure)

It should be under music not mnt.. hmm not sure whats wrong there.. can you provide print screen maybe ?
    Name:  lms 10.JPG
Size:  32.7 KB

in LMS settings your music will be "mapped" to music folder

Name:  lms 11.JPG
Views: 2131
Size:  15.9 KB

Thanks - I did stop Pinkdot LMS first, however I get this:

Size:  16.9 KB

Could be another service on one of the other ports I guess, but then Pinkdot would probably have failed as well...
    So have you mapped anything to "\config" in Volumes tab?
    If its not conflicted ports causing container to stop then its probably something with "/config" folder .. like permissions.. (I got to admit that I experimented with different docker images long time ago, at which point I might have tweaked folder permissions and now not included this step in my guide.. I'm not sure though)
    Try to make sure you have /config mapped properly and its not RO (read only) .If it still doesn't work then its permissions..and I will have to find how to change them as dont remember :P