Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Caze,

I had the same problem. See pg 36. This is what worked for me. Not sure what it does, but I can play my music.

dingosurf
    -----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by caze View Post
    I need a bit help here.

I have struggled the last couple of days to get LMS to work in Docker, but have finally succeeded, but LMS cannot find anything in my music folder.

I used the following settings as suggested in this thread:

Attachment 34141

but it seems that LMS cannot find my music folder

Attachment 34140

what have I done wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    -----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by marccccc View Post
    My Synolgy Language is German, so you might need to read between the lines.

On Synology NAS NFS of shared folder:
    In NFS whole domain *
    Squash assign all users as admins

Regards
    Jacob

I've got two news: good and bad. Good news: LMS on Pinkdot repository updated and it installed correctly on my DS212+. Bad news: After updating Perl version, LMS can't start again. Who want to downgrade Perl version without reinstall LMS welcome to this manual in Russian.

Quote Originally Posted by esylvain View Post
    my extra advice:
    - backup : /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/prefs/
    - restore folder after LMS install
    - this will bring back Favorites & skip the "Configuration" wizard to restore settings.

Sylvain
    How do you backup and restore /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/prefs/ I have searched all over but can't seem to find it. I don't see it in Hyperbackup or file browser.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

You would need access to the command line interface of the Synology: there you can do things that are not possible in the DSM GUI. (File station will only show shared folders, not system folders: these are normally hidden from the user)

I enabled the SSH service on the Diskstation and connect to that with an SSH client like Putty or WinSCP.
    Be careful running commands in the terminal, there is not much stopping you from deleting essential directories or files.
    Last edited by BartS; 2021-04-12 at 11:14.

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    What do you see if you browse the folders mspoed vua the settings page in LMS?

Here's mine, I have several folders with music in them. The ones that you can see have been added in the Docker volumes area.
    Attachment 34148
    It looks like this

Name:  browse.JPG
Views: 408
Size:  24.1 KB

so it doesn't find my music library.

Is there any requirements to the naming of the music libray? My music library is located inside my shared folder, which is called "FŠlles", which include a special Danish letter.

Quote Originally Posted by dingosurf View Post
    Caze,

I had the same problem. See pg 36. This is what worked for me. Not sure what it does, but I can play my music.

dingosurf
    -----------------------------------------

-----------------------------------
    Thanks for the help, but it didn't fix my problem.

Thanks for the help, but it didn't fix my problem.
    Have you checked the logs in the docker/LMS folder?
    It might also be worth changing the name of the folder in remove any unusual characters and see if that makes a difference, unless that's going to break something else for you...
    Squeezebox Touch talking to LMS under Docker on Synology DS218+. Playback via Marantz M-CR611. iPeng remote on iPad

Quote Originally Posted by esylvain View Post
    - uninstall LMS
    - uninstall Perl 5.28.3
    Not necessary to uninstall LMS or new version of Perl. I'll try to translate russian instruction for downgrade Perl without LMS uninstall:
    - go to Package Center and uncheck automatic update.
    - go to /var/packagers/Perl via SSH (putty). Open for edit file INFO and correct string version to 5.23.0 for example.
    - go to GUI Package Center and waiting for notice about new version of Perl. Ignore it. Go to manual install and find previously downloaded from https://archive.synology.com/downloa...rl/5.24.0-0074 your version of Perl. Update it.
    - LMS will start automatically after Perl update.
    That's all.

It looks like this

Name:  browse.JPG
Views: 408
Size:  24.1 KB

so it doesn't find my music library.

Is there any requirements to the naming of the music libray? My music library is located inside my shared folder, which is called "FŠlles", which include a special Danish letter.
    Hi caze

When I look at this, you have home, lms, media and mount ... but no 'music' folder. Please see the equivalent from 'filbert' ... he has a shared library named music. I think this is your problem.

Best regards,
    Claus

Quote Originally Posted by cfuttrup View Post
    Hi caze

When I look at this, you have home, lms, media and mount ... but no 'music' folder. Please see the equivalent from 'filbert' ... he has a shared library named music. I think this is your problem.

Best regards,
    Claus
    It looks like Filbert isn't even using his "Music" folder. He has MP3, nonclassical and FLAC.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk