Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    Automatic update working like a charm on Arm v.5 Nas
    Thank you Pinkdot
    2 Touch, 2 Radios, Squeezeplay
    Synology DS213 w/ LMS v.8
    Mac Pro /MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 & HP Probook 450 G5 /Manjaro Linux

Thank You very much, for the great work!

The ARM V5 update works flawlessly on my DS212+.

Best regards
    Tonni

Attention, LMS will not work with DSM 7 Beta

Hello,

I just upgraded my DSM 6 to Beta DSM 7 (version DSM 7.0-40850).
    The latest and fully functional Logitech Media Server (version 8.0.0-1598791476) was disabled in PackageCenter during the update.

A new installation of the LMS package is rejected -> see attached message.

Hopefully this can be resolved by the time the Beta ends?

Friendly greetings,
    Marco
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by slimslim View Post
    Hello,

I just upgraded my DSM 6 to Beta DSM 7 (version DSM 7.0-40850).
    The latest and fully functional Logitech Media Server (version 8.0.0-1598791476) was disabled in PackageCenter during the update.

A new installation of the LMS package is rejected -> see attached message.

Hopefully this can be resolved by the time the Beta ends?

Friendly greetings,
    Marco
    From what I heard is that 3party apps are disabled in the preview. Let's hope so. If not:

The privilege handling changed with DSM6 but was never merged into the LMS package because there was no reason for it. In DSM6 the previous privilege handling was still allowed. It doesn't surprise me that it might become mandatory in DSM7.
    I will not adapt LMS for DSM7 on this point. So let's hope it is only a 'preview' issue. For more information: Synology documented the privilege settings in the developers guide.-> https://help.synology.com/developer-...e/preface.html

Greetings, Martin
    -DS718+, RPI 2 (Spotifyd/myMPD),Aune S6 - Exposure 3010S2 - PMC FB1i-s
    -DS115 test server
    -Logitech Media Server 8.0.0 for Synology

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdot View Post
    From what I heard is that 3party apps are disabled in the preview. Let's hope so. ...

Greetings, Martin
    Thanks for your assessment - hopefully Synology won't put obstacles in our way.

Greetings, Marco

Hi guys,

thanks for making the latest Squeezeserver packages available and for maintaining them.
    They run smootly on my Synology but I have two questions regarding the updates:

1. Would it be possible to add a "digital signature" to these updates so that the NAS does no complain. I know that I can change the settigns but do not want to compromise on security
    2. Likewise, after each update I need to newly set my firewall settings and add the Squeezeserver to the list. Can this be solved differently so that the update is an actual update and not a remove and reinstall?

Small issues but I just wanted to share them. Won't stop me from using it.

Thanks again!

Merc
    ------------------------
    3 * Boom, 1 * Radio, 1 * Touch, 1 SB Classic, 2 SB Duet, 1pi with picoreplayer, server and music on Synology DS718+
    library ~50.000 titles

Hi Merc,

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
    1. Would it be possible to add a "digital signature" to these updates so that the NAS does no complain. I know that I can change the settigns but do not want to compromise on security
    Not that I know of. I don't use the Synology tool chain to compile the packages.
    2. Likewise, after each update I need to newly set my firewall settings and add the Squeezeserver to the list. Can this be solved differently so that the update is an actual update and not a remove and reinstall?
    It is indeed more or less a 'remove and install'. We don't have incremental updates.

Greetings,

Martin
    -DS115 test server

Not that I know of. I don't use the Synology tool chain to compile the packages.
    Hi Martin!

I haven't tried this, but from the supplied documentation, it should be possible to sign the finished packages regardless of the build process (you do need the scripts installed of course, but you do not need to use their tool chain for anything else).

Quote Originally Posted by pputzer View Post
    Hi Martin!

I haven't tried this, but from the supplied documentation, it should be possible to sign the finished packages regardless of the build process (you do need the scripts installed of course, but you do not need to use their tool chain for anything else).
    I will take another look when I find some time.

TBH, I didn't think it's only a script. What is the 'trusted' value if anybody can sign his or her package this way?
    -DS115 test server

I will take another look when I find some time.

TBH, I didn't think it's only a script. What is the 'trusted' value if anybody can sign his or her package this way?
    It is signed with your key so we can be sure it is from you. Whether or not we trust that key is a separate decision.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk