Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

piCorePlayer installation from full Raspian

Hi there, is it possible to install piCorePlayer from the control line of a Raspberry Pi3B+ using full Raspian instead of the piCP image ?
    How todo it ?

The reason being, that I need to rotate my touch function of my scree and the original image doesnt allow many linux functions like apt-get install.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Hi there, is it possible to install piCorePlayer from the control line of a Raspberry Pi3B+ using full Raspian instead of the piCP image ?
    How todo it ?

The reason being, that I need to rotate my touch function of my scree and the original image doesnt allow many linux functions like apt-get install.
    NO

pCP is a full Linux Distrobution its like saying can I put Raspbian on my Raspbian

You can certainly install Squeezelite, Jivelite and LMS on raspbian though

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

I need to rotate my touch function of my scree
    You can invert the Raspberry Pi Touchscreen in pCP

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Have you asked on the pcp thread about support for your screen - give full complete details of screen type, manufacturer, model id, source etc.

If it is a common model for a Pi - it is likely somebody has already worked out the issues or at worst tell you it may never work fully and stop wasting time with pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    How todo it ?

hi Bjoern,

piCorePlayer is a minute Linux distribution running in RAM. Didn't you notice it only took a few seconds to download and 10 seconds to burn to SD card? The latest pCP is 120MB versus many GB for Raspbian.

There are audio distributions based on Raspbian that might be more suitable.

regards
    Greg