Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    112
    and since I don't think it has been said before : this is in a Windows environment.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    18,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Pulsar View Post
    Sorry about not being clear.

    The goal is to call an external application that responds to a specific URL scheme, a bit like you would call your default email client using "mailto:"
    Do you expect the output of this external application to be included in the More info ?

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    112
    nope, it's really "fire & forget", just like my "mailto" example. The OS understands what it should do with the protocol, but I could just as well copy and paste the URL in my browser's address field.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    112
    and if may ask this also : I tried different things to retrieve the track ID (speaking about the track concerned by the track info content), but I can not find out how to do that. Any advice ?

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    18,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Pulsar View Post
    nope, it's really "fire & forget", just like my "mailto" example. The OS understands what it should do with the protocol, but I could just as well copy and paste the URL in my browser's address field.
    Still not sure what you want to do but here's my guess.

    I would change the URL parameter to point to a routine and not an real URL. I would save the parameters somewhere (e.g. plugindata attached to $song if it is related) and then call your process using Proc::Background ((with the saved parameters) which will run until completion separate form LMS and so will not hang LMS.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    18,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Pulsar View Post
    and if may ask this also : I tried different things to retrieve the track ID (speaking about the track concerned by the track info content), but I can not find out how to do that. Any advice ?
    The parameter $track is a pointer to the track object - that should be all you need to get info from LMS database.
    For some info $song object is needed. Less used still $client which is the UI but good as a reference point..

    Not quite sure what you mean by "track ID" and why you need it.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    112
    not sure I'm following you.

    let me try to put it this way : imagine the entry in track info would be "Look up on Wikipedia" that would just open an external link in the web browser I'm currently using, with the url 'https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/'.$songTitle

    only difference being the url is not https:// but fmp18://
    (and of course I need track ID, and not song title)

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    112
    sorry, my reply was related to your second-to-last message, I should have quoted it.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    18,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Pulsar View Post
    not sure I'm following you.

    let me try to put it this way : imagine the entry in track info would be "Look up on Wikipedia" that would just open an external link in the web browser I'm currently using, with the url 'https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/'.$songTitle

    only difference being the url is not https:// but fmp18://
    (and of course I need track ID, and not song title)
    Nope - just don't get it.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    112
    consider this : how would you add a custom entry to track info that would just open (say, in a new browser tab) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/thisSongTitle, exactly like the link below would do it when clicked from this here website :
    Look up on Wikipedia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •