Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Different volume levels for different alarms?

The alarm function only allows one volume level setting for all alarms. I'd like to listen to one thing at 11:05 PM at 66%, something else at 66% at 5:00 AM, then something else (my actual *alarm*) at 100% at 6:00 AM.

Can anyone think of a workaround to accomplish this?

Thanks.

+1 for such feature.
    Now it is same for all Alarms, while would be nice to have loudness it 'per alarm'. Softer morning, louder at 14.00 etc.
    I guess it can by already done, manually. Will search forum for that I think I saw recipe somewhere.

Sounds like an idea for a plugin. Wouldn't be surprised if someone has already written one. Does it really need to function like an alarm, though, with snooze function? Or just as a music play scheduler?

I just had a quick look at alarm.pm on GitHub and it already contains code for alarm volume on a per alarm basis but it states that this is not exposed in the default interface. Maybe @mherger would consider implementing this.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

IIRC - when the Alarm feature was being developed , the UI had a volume setting per alarm but it was found to be too complicated for users and so was simplified.

I think it'll be personal taste - with two request in one year - is it that needed ?

Too complicated...
    Well - so maybe default as it is now, but for advanced users as an option, 'per alarm'?

Smthn like that:

Name:  volume_per_alarm.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  79.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by L0O View Post
    Too complicated...
    Well - so maybe default as it is now, but for advanced users as an option, 'per alarm'?

Smthn like that:
    Web browser has lots of space. What does that look like on an SB3 or Radio UI ? Many users sets/change alarms from the device and not from the Web UI.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Web browser has lots of space. What does that look like on an SB3 or Radio UI ? Many users sets/change alarms from the device and not from the Web UI.
    Yup! That's good point against.
    But as I wrote above - it could be as an option for those who like to use it only (default, for less advanced - as it is now). Also - maybe it could be visible only on web frontend, not on devices etc. Don't know if it is possible. Thinking loud only.

Quote Originally Posted by L0O View Post
    Too complicated...

Smthn like that:

Name:  volume_per_alarm.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  79.7 KB
    Would you really want to change the snooze time and the alarm timeout on a per alarm basis?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Would you really want to change the snooze time and the alarm timeout on a per alarm basis?
    Quick illustration only.
    But well - why not? If such option is possible maybe someone would find it useful?
    Personally I never used snooze feature, but different timeout for different alarms or as someone named it 'radio play scheduler' - yes.
    People sometimes differ from each other