Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,812
    The Khadas just plugs into the usb port

    Over on the rpi forums, users recommend vanilla SSD sata over the M2 as the rpi cannot utilise the full speed of the M2

    USb boot on the rpi4 is now at "stable"

    https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...99670#p1698171

    and for "trim"
    http://https://www.raspberrypi.org/f...=trim#p1687257


    There a lots of options for mounting and cases, this is just one

    https://geekworm.com/collections/nas-storage

    ronnie

  2. #22
    Senior Member pkfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    The Khadas just plugs into the usb port

    Over on the rpi forums, users recommend vanilla SSD sata over the M2 as the rpi cannot utilise the full speed of the M2

    USb boot on the rpi4 is now at "stable"

    https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...99670#p1698171

    and for "trim"
    http://https://www.raspberrypi.org/f...=trim#p1687257


    There a lots of options for mounting and cases, this is just one

    https://geekworm.com/collections/nas-storage

    ronnie

    I wouldn't be using a Ras Pi - I'll be using a Nanopim4 v2
    We can't stop here this is bat country. RIP Hunter S Thompson.

    Friendlyarm Nanopi M4 V1 NVME M2 SSD 1TB -> Chord Qutest DAC -> Meridian 551 -> Monitor Audio Gold -> Me

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,812
    Quote Originally Posted by pkfox View Post
    I wouldn't be using a Ras Pi - I'll be using a Nanopim4 v2
    Ah well ! Then I have no idea

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    Because a Pi4 is terribly hot compared to previous models. I ended up with the Flirc case, which is both a case + heat dissipator and am very happy I did so.
    I believe that using a HAT would mean, at least, the raspi processor slowing down to avoid heat damage (and for similar performance, then I'd rather use a Raspi 3)
    While the Pi4 can burn lots of power, streaming audio isn't going to need high performance. I am running a Pi4 with IQAudio digiAMP+ hat stacked on the back of the official display. Cooling is just the stick on heatsink that the pihut sell.
    Reported Pi temperature is 50 - 55 degrees C while driving local speakers and a separate bluetooth speaker simultaneously.
    I can live with that

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by IanH99 View Post
    While the Pi4 can burn lots of power, streaming audio isn't going to need high performance. I am running a Pi4 with IQAudio digiAMP+ hat stacked on the back of the official display. Cooling is just the stick on heatsink that the pihut sell.
    Reported Pi temperature is 50 - 55 degrees C while driving local speakers and a separate bluetooth speaker simultaneously.
    I can live with that
    Yes, with 50-55 degrees I agree with you but that's not my case. Initially my Pi4 was up to 74║C; it went down to 64║C after firmware update and down to 51║C with the Flirc case.
    In all cases software is Max2Play running only LMS server and player but not playing any music at all (minimum CPU load)

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,812
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    Yes, with 50-55 degrees I agree with you but that's not my case. Initially my Pi4 was up to 74║C; it went down to 64║C after firmware update and down to 51║C with the Flirc case.
    In all cases software is Max2Play running only LMS server and player but not playing any music at all (minimum CPU load)
    The rpi4b starts to soft throttle at over 80C

    ronnie

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    Yes, with 50-55 degrees I agree with you but that's not my case. Initially my Pi4 was up to 74║C; it went down to 64║C after firmware update and down to 51║C with the Flirc case.
    In all cases software is Max2Play running only LMS server and player but not playing any music at all (minimum CPU load)
    the pi4 is complete overkill for a streamer, but I only had pi 2's and I wanted to experiment with bluetooth, so it was an excuse to try one Although I don't think a big heatsink will do anything for the radio performance.

  8. #28
    Senior Member pkfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    577

    Nanopi M4 V2

    I have now got a Nanopi M4 V1 fitted with a NVME hat and a M2 SSD 1TB SSD and a Khadas tone board working perfectly
    We can't stop here this is bat country. RIP Hunter S Thompson.

    Friendlyarm Nanopi M4 V1 NVME M2 SSD 1TB -> Chord Qutest DAC -> Meridian 551 -> Monitor Audio Gold -> Me

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,812
    Quote Originally Posted by pkfox View Post
    I have now got a Nanopi M4 V1 fitted with a NVME hat and a M2 SSD 1TB SSD and a Khadas tone board working perfectly
    which OS are you running ?

  10. #30
    Senior Member pkfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    which OS are you running ?
    Armbian Bionic with Linux 4.4.213-rk3399
    We can't stop here this is bat country. RIP Hunter S Thompson.

    Friendlyarm Nanopi M4 V1 NVME M2 SSD 1TB -> Chord Qutest DAC -> Meridian 551 -> Monitor Audio Gold -> Me

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •