Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Adding New Favorite

Trying to add anew favorite for WFOS

The stream link is: http://unreal.whro.org/wfos/wfos.html

Doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks

The link above is HTML link to an embedded web page player.

The underlying URLs are
    rtmp://64.5.130.129:8080/live/wfos

and what looks like an HLS URL

https://unreal.whro.org/hls/wfos/wfos.m3u8

The rtmp URL is unplayable with LMS. The second 2nd URL looks like HLS but doesn't play well with PlayHLSv2 plugin so there is somehting "special" about it that needs to be checked.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The second 2nd URL looks like HLS but doesn't play well with PlayHLSv2 plugin so there is somehting "special" about it that needs to be checked.
    The stream seems to be non standard HLS but it needs further checking. I think HLS is supposed to have only one audio track with one PID - this stream had two tracks (two PIDs) one video and one audio which PlayHLSv2 plugin is not able to play..

edit:

The stream plays in a generic HLS player - so that means plugin needs to be updated.

For clarity as this is posted in mysqueezebox.com - these URLs will not play on any SB player using mysqueezebox.com - they need a local LMS.
    Last edited by bpa; 2020-03-17 at 02:12.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The stream seems to be non standard HLS but it needs further checking. I think HLS is supposed to have only one audio track with one PID - this stream had two tracks (two PIDs) one video and one audio which PlayHLSv2 plugin is not able to play..

edit:

The stream plays in a generic HLS player - so that means plugin needs to be updated.

For clarity as this is posted in mysqueezebox.com - these URLs will not play on any SB player using mysqueezebox.com - they need a local LMS.
    Thanks....what do you recommend to add WFOS to my favorites?

Are favorites added at the LMS or the SBCom?

Quote Originally Posted by vajim View Post
    Thanks....what do you recommend to add WFOS to my favorites?

Are favorites added at the LMS or the SBCom?
    It is unplayable at the moment.

1. It is a HLS stream which needs an LMS plugin which means it will never be playable with SBCOM.
    2. The wfos URL uses a MIME type which is not standard for HLS which means the LMS HLS plugin does not recognise the stream.

More work is needed on HLS plugin to support the wfos type streams which use ambiguous MIME type.

I've been trying to update the plugin to play this stream, however I'm not sure it is worth it.

First, the audio quality is bad - there is a constant hiss. At first I thought it was the old recordings and the unusual 32kHz sampling rate but the hiss is there on the voice-overs.
    Second, there is a video track which is unusual in a HLS stream. The video track is using about 25% of the bandwidth - and AFAICT it is only a blue unchanging square. This is a waste of bandwidth and causes audio buffering issues.

It "feels" as if the stream has been setup with incorrect settings.