Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > 8.1.2 will be the next one?

While it's not the release version, it's the stable branch. There's
    little risk using it already.
    Thank you

JP

Watcher of the Windows build

LMS on Docker running on a DS920+

Well, after running and maintaining my Windows SQBS/LMS Server and MusicIP on Windows since ~2006 I find myself somewhat forced to make a platform change. For the past few years I've been running the latest LMS releases (currently 8.2.0 - 1621831622) on a Laptop running Windows 10 using two old mirrored 4TB WD MyCloud NASes as the source for my FLAC music library and other media. A couple weeks ago one of the 4TB NAS crashed and I decided to get a Synology DS920+ to replace the failing NAS and to try to get rid of the LMS Server Laptop in the closet. The NAS is configured with 3 x 4TB drive in SHR with one drive fault tolerance for data and 1 x 500GB SSD where I installed all the software packages including Docker and its containers. I installed the official LMSCommunity 8.2.0 - 1621831622 Docker container and I'm process of "trying" to replicate my old LMS environment on this new platform. I finally got LMS to run and scan "most" of my library after reading the instruction in this thread. The posts related to the PUID and PGID were essential. I have a couple questions that I hope someone can answer here or point me somewhere where I can get the details I need to complete this platform migration.

1. The music scan misses about ~45 albums as I compare it to the number of albums scanned from the laptop. What could be causing this? EDIT: I ran a full clear and re-scan library on my LMS Windows server and now both servers show the same number of Albums and tracks. Now I wonder if the previous scan were inflated. Did anything changed in recent releases that might have been giving me the wrong number of albums/track. As I check my notes, the last full scan that I made was using 8.0.0 on 05/12/20 after some improvement were made for Spotify.

2. What is the "recommended" MusicIP headless server container that I should use with this LMSCommunity container and where do I find instructions to configure it. I found a few MusicIP containers in the Registry, but I want to start with a MusicIP container that is known to work with the LMSCommunity container.
    EDIT: One more thing. I didn't embed the MusicIP Tags in my Flac music files. I use the default.m3lib instead. I believe this is just an index with the MusicIP fingerprints that points to the corresponding Flac music file when creating a mix. If I maintain the same path (folder structure) to the music files... the indexed fingerprints should still point to the right place.

3. I got a few of Erland's "licensed" plugins, but I'm unable to select them in the main Plugins page. If I click on the License Manager settings they are all listed there. What do I need to do to get them to the main Plugins page? Are these plugins supported on the LMSCommunity container? They work on the same LMS 8.2.0 that I run from my laptop.

EDIT: 4. I have not switched my LMS platforms in a while, but I remember that it was possible to copy certain folder and/or files (plugin files and configuration files) to replicate the same LMS environment on a different platform. Which folder/files should I copy to the LMS Docker container from my Windows 10 LMS server. Both servers are running the same 8.2.0 build... are there any plugins that work on LMS for Windows, but won't work on the LMS container?

I used to be a little bit more active in the community, but I've a little too busy with life, but I remain a solid Squeezebox fan. I'm glad to see that this project is still evolving with my needs.

Name:  NAS Rig.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  63.1 KBName:  SQBs.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  70.7 KB
    Last edited by tamanaco; 2021-05-30 at 13:59.

Over a week...

It's been a over week since I asked the questions above, but I didn't get any replies. Maybe I was barking up the wrong tree. Could someone point me to the appropriate thread or link where questions related to installing + configuring LMS on Docker, installing and configuring MusicIP on Docker and how to properly update LMS on Docker questions might be answered... Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tamanaco View Post
    It's been a over week since I asked the questions above, but I didn't get any replies. Maybe I was barking up the wrong tree. Could someone point me to the appropriate thread or link where questions related to installing + configuring LMS on Docker, installing and configuring MusicIP on Docker and how to properly update LMS on Docker questions might be answered... Thanks.
    It's probably best for visibility if you break up your questions into separate posts with clearly defined subjects.

Setting up LMS in docker and moving over an existing configuration would be pertinent to this thread, but Michael might have missed it (or he's on vacation or something). (MusicIP should be a separate post.)

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tamanaco View Post
    In the end installation was fairly straightforward. But it did take an hour's worth of reading this thread.
    - Install Docker on Synology
    - Create Folder for LMS config. I use Volume1/Public/Docker/LMS
    - Install LMS community container in Docker
    - Create Mappings for music, playlists and config
    - If needed set correct UID for your Synology in LMS environment

You may want to try this for updating
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1004932

These are the mappings I used:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jacobacci; 2021-06-20 at 03:23.
    • Logitech Media Server Version: 8.1.2 on Synology DS1815+ DSM 6 / Docker
    • SB Touch (2x)

/conifg?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pputzer View Post
    /conifg?
    of course /config
    The type was one of the issues I encountered during the learning process. Corrected in my post.
    Last edited by jacobacci; 2021-06-13 at 00:31.
    • Logitech Media Server Version: 8.1.2 on Synology DS1815+ DSM 6 / Docker
    • SB Touch (2x)

Making progress, but...

I have been unable to get the time to complete my migration from LMS 8.2.0 on Windows to LMS 8.2.0 on Docker. Maybe this weekend I will get some extra free time to get back to it, but on my own I'm running into some road blocks. I read this and other threads on the subject and was able to get the LMS container up and running with a /LMS/config folder outside the container to store the persistent data and configuration. But... I have been unable to migrate my "old" plugins and their preferences to the LMS on Docker on my Synology DS920+. I started to wonder if there any limitation on the plugins (list of plugins) that are not supported on Docker? Do they have to be embedded with the image? I'm not very familiar with Docker, but know enough to follow instructions.

Here is the process I have been following without success to migrate my LMS Plugins from my old Windows setup to my new DS920+.

0. Stop the LMS Container
    1. Copy one plugin folder or a few plugin folders from /ProgramData/squeezebox/cache/InstalledPluins/Plugins - to the /LMS/config/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins
    2. Copy the corresponding plugin(s) .prefs file(s) from /ProgramData/Squeezebox/prefs/plugin - to the /LMS/config/prefs/plugin
    3. Start the LMS container... Go to the LMS server -> LMS Main Server page notifies me of new plugin(s) available.
    4. Go to the Plugins setting page... Migrated (copied) Plugins already selected... server requests restart.
    5. Restart server... Plugins disappear from the LMS Plugins setting page and from the /Plugins folder in Docker
    6. The UNEXPLAINED!... After the server restarts... the /LMS and /Plugins folder with the new migrated (copied) plugins folders are moved to the /LMS/config/cache/template... Why?

I just thought I'd try the old method I used when I migrated from one Windows server to another. I have searched several threads and read lots of posts, but still no dice. Am I missing something obvious? I want to finish the plugins migration before I start messing around with MusicIP on Docker which I believe is going to be another challenge.

'Official' docker container for LMS?

> 1. Copy one plugin folder or a few plugin folders from
    > /ProgramData/squeezebox/cache/InstalledPluins/Plugins - to the
    > /LMS/config/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins

I've said it many times, and I'll continue to say over and over again if
    needed: don't mess with these folders. They're managed by the LMS Plugin
    Manager. It gets confused if you add/remove things there.

> 2. Copy the corresponding plugin(s) .prefs file(s) from
    > /ProgramData/Squeezebox/prefs/plugin - to the /LMS/config/prefs/plugin

Did you copy the state.prefs file, too? That should tell LMS what
    plugins to install. Or just install them in LMS as you always would.
    Installing the plugins isn't the hard part, dealing with their prefs is.
    And that you can mostly automate by copying the prefs file.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > 1. Copy one plugin folder or a few plugin folders from
    > /ProgramData/squeezebox/cache/InstalledPluins/Plugins - to the
    > /LMS/config/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins

I've said it many times, and I'll continue to say over and over again if
    needed: don't mess with these folders. They're managed by the LMS Plugin
    Manager. It gets confused if you add/remove things there.

> 2. Copy the corresponding plugin(s) .prefs file(s) from
    > /ProgramData/Squeezebox/prefs/plugin - to the /LMS/config/prefs/plugin

Did you copy the state.prefs file, too? That should tell LMS what
    plugins to install. Or just install them in LMS as you always would.
    Installing the plugins isn't the hard part, dealing with their prefs is.
    And that you can mostly automate by copying the prefs file.
    Hi Michael, thanks for your prompt response. I'm willing to install the Plugins from scratch and configure them, but it appears that some are either not longer supported/maintained or their repository location(s) has been removed or changed. Sorry, I have not been able to keep up with the latest LMS updates on an ongoing basis. These plugins don't appear on my list of available plugins for install on LMS 8.2.0 on Docker. I will list the plugins, below that I'd like to migrate or install and configure from scratch. Maybe you can tell me if they are no longer available or supported on 8.2.0 on Docker. I've been using them for a long... long time and still use them on my 8.2.0 LMS for Windows platform. Some more frequently than others. Maybe some I have not used in a long time. I'm mostly interested in migrating my essential Earland Plugins like CustomBrowse, CustomScan, CustomSkip... "Licensed" plugins which appear under the License manager settings, but they don't have an option to be selected for installation... I'm also wondering about Album Review, BBCi Player, Biography, Dynamic Playlist, SqlPlaylist and Trackstat. Below is the list of repositories I have linked.
    http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins/repo.xml
    http://erland.github.io/squeezebox-d...ies/latest.xml
    http://pluginrepository.penguinloves...pluginrepo.xml
    http://www.erspearson.com/xAP/Slim/Updates.xml
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~altondsl...softsqrepo.xml
    http://www.spicefly.com/media/scube4x/install.xml
    http://repository.ickstream.com/sque...ry-windows.xml
    http://superdatetimewu.sourceforge.net/repo.xml
    http://www.gwendesign.com/sc/repo/repo.xml

Thanks in advance...