Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Purpose of /playlist mount point in container

Firstly - thanks for all the massive work everyone's done on getting the 'official' container image to where it is. I'd been using doliana's image on my RPi, and have just moved my Synolgy NAS from the app package to the official docker image, and I'm just trying to sort out my playlists as the container mount points have changed the folder names used in LMS created playlists.

What's the purpose of the "/playlist" mount point in the container image?

I originally mapped it to a shared NAS folder, but I still had to complete the "Playlist Folder" field on the LMS server settings page.
    Should this have been completed automatically?

Additionally, my playlist folder is currently a sub-folder in my music directory - I saw a suggestion to mount the music directory as ReadOnly (ro). How would the /playlist container mount be impacted by the RO setting if the mapped folder is a subfolder of the ReadOnly music folder?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhazy View Post
    How would the /playlist container mount be impacted by the RO setting if the mapped folder is a subfolder of the ReadOnly music folder?

Thanks.
    You won't be able to save new playlists with RO. You need RW for playlist folder
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    You won't be able to save new playlists with RO. You need RW for playlist folder
    Cheers, I also just did some testing and yes, if the /playlists folder is a sub-folder of the /music folder - then /music needs to be RW or the playlists cannot be saved.

ie. The following settings do not allow playlists to be saved.

Name:  RW.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  41.1 KB

Wireless Booms don't automatically reconnect

I just noticed with the Docker image (8.1.1) if I stop/start the image that my wirelessly connected Booms don't automatically reconnect to the LMS server.

If I go turn the Booms on they say 'server disconnected', I need to go back on the Boom display and reconnect to the server.

Wired systems reconnect automatically.

I've tried my Docker image with both Bridge and Host modes for the network and see the same situation.

When I ran the native app on my Synology NAS the Booms would reconnect automatically if I restarted the LMS.

Anyone else noticed this, or is their a container/network config I should look at?

Thanks.

EDIT: I just tried the 8.1.2 image in Host network mode and the wireless Booms now appear to reconnect automatically.
    Last edited by kidhazy; 2021-03-03 at 17:59.

Docker Run Command to get LMS on Synology

I ran into this thread when I accidentally applied an update to my Synology server that "end-of-lifed" my LMS package. Thanks a ton to everyone who contributed to this!

I didn't find a comprehensive explanation in this thread for how to get this running in the Synology Docker GUI. Maybe it's here... there are a lot of posts. In any case, I wanted to paste in what I figured out. It was pretty straightforward based on this post, and the hint in the readme file at DockerHub, even with my lack of experience with Docker command-line.

0. Install Docker from the Package Manager, if you aren't already using it for your Minecraft servers...
    1. ssh to your Synology and run this command. (Change your volume mappings as appropriate.)
    Code:
    sudo docker run \
    --name logitech-media-server \
    --restart=unless-stopped \
    --net=host \
    -v "/volume1/docker/lms/config":"/config":rw \
    -v "/volume1/music":"/music":ro \
    -v "/volume1/docker/lms/playlist":"/playlist":rw \
    -v "/etc/TZ":"/etc/timezone":ro \
    -v "/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime":ro \
    -p 9000:9000/tcp \
    -p 9090:9090/tcp \
    -p 3483:3483/tcp \
    -p 3483:3483/udp \
    -e PGID=65537 \
    -e PUID=1029 \
    lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver:stable
    2. Go to your Synology package manager and stop / restart Docker. (Until you do this, your new container won't show up in the GUI.)
    3. Go to your Synology Docker GUI. You'll see the container running. Note that you can't see the "/etc" volumes, so I'm not sure what happens if you try to edit the settings here...
    4. Browse to http://your-synology-server:9000 to get the LMS GUI.

And I "installed" my first copy of lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver:stable on raspios. I really like the simplicity of the run/compose command. And the image seems quite lightweight (half the size the home-made container I've used previously).

I've decided to use a named volume for the /config directory, e.g.
    Code:
    docker volume create myconf
    docker run -it --name lms --network host -v myconf:/config -v "<somewhere>":"/music":ro ... lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver:stable
    That basically moves the config directory to the belly of the beast (/var/lib/docker/volumes/myconf/_data), where I won't delete it by accident.
    2 SB 3 • 1 PCP 6 • Libratone Loop, Zipp, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Hey Michael,

Just tried to do another docker LMS update on synology.. All previous updates went all smooth to the point that I was surprised some people are having permissions issues.. But..

Now trying latest dev image I'm in same boat.. Unable to read/ access my library.. Also problems with Spotty (constant buffering) /config has same settings as previous versions.. Also same settings on dsm..

Stopped latest dev image and 2 previous 8.2.0 versions (I still haven't deleted) work just fine.

Is there smth like major change in terms of permissions or that's just nature of dev branch ie teething problems?

Shall I just stick to stable 8.1.x?
    Thanks
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

'Official' docker container for LMS?

> Stopped latest dev image and 2 previous 8.2.0 versions (I still haven't
    > deleted) work just fine.

Can you tell me the exact revision or git commit of the last working
    version (see Settings/Information)?

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Stopped latest dev image and 2 previous 8.2.0 versions (I still haven't
    > deleted) work just fine.

Can you tell me the exact revision or git commit of the last working
    version (see Settings/Information)?
    Sure, Previous one I had installed which still works is:

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1612849590 @ Tue Feb 9 07:22:12 CET 2021

Thank you!

'Official' docker container for LMS?

>> Can you tell me the exact revision or git commit of the last working
    >> version (see Settings/Information)?

> Sure, Previous one I had installed which still works is:
    >
    > Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1612849590 @ Tue Feb 9 07:22:12
    > CET 2021

I installed the latest build, and it's running as expected:

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1617564089 @ Sun Apr 4 21:39:44
    CEST 2021