Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 472
  1. #291
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,530

    'Official' docker container for LMS?

    >>> *IO::Socket::SSL: 2.044*
    >>
    >> Are you saying this is the module version installed with the
    >> lmscommunity Docker image?

    >
    > Correct. From within the docker container.


    That's not good :-(.

    I'll need to either update that module, or move to a more up to date
    base image. Which will require me to compile all those dependencies again...

    --

    Michael

  2. #292
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,530

    'Official' docker container for LMS?

    > The permissions seem to be right:

    Please check permissions on the Docker folder too.

    --

    Michael

  3. #293
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8

    Docker on Synology DSM 6.x suggestion

    I'm using Docker a lot on Synology DSM 6.2 as well. I have had a lot of issues trying to get containers to run through the UI, particularly with permission issues.

    So I reverted to the Docker command line (shell) and found it works a lot better for getting containers going initially. Then i use the GUI. I also recommend installing a Docker container for Portainer (a more advanced GUI for Docker). Note: Portainer uses port 9000 as well so until one is fully comfortable with Docker and port numbering, maybe best to hold off initially!


    Here's the steps I used (but I can't guarantee they'll work for you as I haven't moved to LMS Docker yet... but with the issues with PERL, LMS 8.1 and Synology DSM 7 at the moment, I would say you'll have a lot more people looking to find similar solutions):

    1. Create a user account on your DSM for Docker. (Details at https://mariushosting.com/synology-h...d-gid-groupid/). Make note of the "PUID" and "PGID" and replace the number values (1000) with the numbers noted on the values "-e PUID=**** " and "-e PGID=**** " down below.
    2. Enable SSH in Synology (see https://www.synology.com/en-global/k...via_SSH_Telnet)
    3. Run Putty (available at www.putty.org)
    4. connect to the IP of your Synology
    5. Login using your Synology DSM username and password
    6. type "sudo su" and enter your password again.
    7. Run the following command to build your docker image (remember to replace [ ] below with your paths:

    sudo docker run \
    --name logitech-media-server \
    --restart=unless-stopped \
    --net=host \
    -v "/volume2/docker/squeezebox/config":"/config":rw \
    -v "/volume1/Music/Music":"/music":ro \
    -v "/volume1/Music/Playlists":"/playlist":rw \
    -v "/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime":ro \
    -p 9000:9000/tcp \
    -p 9090:9090/tcp \
    -p 3483:3483/tcp \
    -p 3483:3483/udp \
    -e TZ=Europe/London \
    -e PGID=65537 \
    -e PUID=1029 \
    lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver:8.2.0-dev


    PS: If your timezone is different than above, replace with "Country/City"
    PPS: If the line in bold above comes up with an error, you can specify a particular build (these are listed at https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/lm...g=last_updated)
    Eg: "lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver:8.2.0-dev" is the current latest

    Fingers crossed, hope this helps. Haven't migrated over to LMS on Docker yet but will keep you posted if I made modifications to the above.

    Update 30/12/2020: tested all the above successfully... have migrated over from Synology package to Docker one. Was too complicated to migrate over settings (was getting too many errors) so went for a fresh build. Just remember to give your docker user account (step 1) access to your music library and playlist (can be done easily in Synology File Station)

    Update 31/12/2020
    Port mappings are not required if you're using the "--net=host " option shown above.
    If you want to change the default port "9000", you can add the following line to the config above:
    -e HTTP_PORT=9002 \ (example using port 9002)
    Last edited by rosscullen; 2020-12-31 at 14:20. Reason: ammended docker run with net=host & restart. Also added update at footer and additional Portainer info. change dock web port

  4. #294

    LMS Crashing before Log can be written

    Quote Originally Posted by NikolajC View Post
    LMSCommunity 8.1.0 stable also crashed on my Synology 216+:

    The permissions seems to be right:


    However the LMS folder is empty, so it seems LMS is crashing before it has a chance to generate a server.log?

    Exactly I do have the same understanding. It runs only for a second or 2

    I think I will try to follow the post of Roscullen...

  5. #295
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK, Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by rosscullen View Post
    I'm using Docker a lot on Synology DSM 6.2 as well. I have had a lot of issues trying to get containers to run through the UI, particularly with permission issues.

    So I reverted to the Docker command line (shell) and found it works a lot better for getting containers going initially. Then i use the GUI. I also recommend installing a Docker container for Portainer (a more advanced GUI for Docker). Note: Portainer uses port 9000 as well so until one is fully comfortable with Docker and port numbering, maybe best to hold off initially!


    Here's the steps I used (but I can't guarantee they'll work for you as I haven't moved to LMS Docker yet... but with the issues with PERL, LMS 8.1 and Synology DSM 7 at the moment, I would say you'll have a lot more people looking to find similar solutions):

    1. Create a user account on your DSM for Docker. (Details at https://mariushosting.com/synology-h...d-gid-groupid/). Make note of the "PUID" and "PGID" and replace the number values (1000) with the numbers noted on the values "-e PUID=**** " and "-e PGID=**** " down below.
    2. Enable SSH in Synology (see https://www.synology.com/en-global/k...via_SSH_Telnet)
    3. Run Putty (available at www.putty.org)
    4. connect to the IP of your Synology
    5. Login using your Synology DSM username and password
    6. type "sudo su" and enter your password again.
    7. Run the following command to build your docker image (remember to replace [ ] below with your paths:

    sudo docker run \
    --name logitech-media-server \
    --restart=unless-stopped \
    --net=host \
    -v "/volume2/docker/squeezebox/config":"/config":rw \
    -v "/volume1/Music/Music":"/music":ro \
    -v "/volume1/Music/Playlists":"/playlist":rw \
    -v "/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime":ro \
    -p 9000:9000/tcp \
    -p 9090:9090/tcp \
    -p 3483:3483/tcp \
    -p 3483:3483/udp \
    -e TZ=Europe/London \
    -e PGID=65537 \
    -e PUID=1029 \
    lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver:8.2.0-dev


    PS: If your timezone is different than above, replace with "Country/City"
    PPS: If the line in bold above comes up with an error, you can specify a particular build (these are listed at https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/lm...g=last_updated)
    Eg: "lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver:8.2.0-dev" is the current latest

    Fingers crossed, hope this helps. Haven't migrated over to LMS on Docker yet but will keep you posted if I made modifications to the above.
    [B]Update: tested all the above successfully... have migrated over from Synology package to Docker one. Was too complicated to migrate over settings (was getting too many errors) so went for a fresh build. Just remember to give your docker user account (step 1) access to your music library and playlist (can be done easily in Synology File Station)
    Nice one! Thanks.

    I will try it this way next time as also had some (mostly permissions) issues with various docker images. Weirdly lmscommunity image went smooth for me with just GUI, but maybe I've sorted permissions in past and don't remember :P

    Anyway thanks for command line install tutorial!
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

  6. #296
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    13

    Where to create custom-convert.conf?

    I've just switched to using the 8.1 container version of LMS and my next project is to try and get some basic parametric eq working using sox. As I understand it this will require some additions to the custom-convert.conf file with the appropriate command lines. However, I'm not sure where this file should be created. The convert.conf file says...

    # If you wish to create custom transcoding entries that won't be overwritten
    # by a new release of Logitech Media Server, create a custom-convert.conf file in the
    # Logitech Media Server root directory, or the root of the Plugins directory.

    If the above is still valid then I could either....

    1) reference a file on the host by adding an option to the docker run command such as -v /path/to/custom-convert.conf:/lms/custom-convert.conf
    2) create a file in the host directory that is the "root of the Plugins directory" - but which dir is this - cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins or prefs/plugin?

    Is there a "preferred" method?

    Thanks for all the work that has been put in to keep LMS going and improving.

    Mark

  7. #297
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    6,620
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyuk View Post
    I've just switched to using the 8.1 container version of LMS and my next project is to try and get some basic parametric eq working using sox. As I understand it this will require some additions to the custom-convert.conf file with the appropriate command lines. However, I'm not sure where this file should be created. The convert.conf file says...

    # If you wish to create custom transcoding entries that won't be overwritten
    # by a new release of Logitech Media Server, create a custom-convert.conf file in the
    # Logitech Media Server root directory, or the root of the Plugins directory.

    If the above is still valid then I could either....

    1) reference a file on the host by adding an option to the docker run command such as -v /path/to/custom-convert.conf:/lms/custom-convert.conf
    2) create a file in the host directory that is the "root of the Plugins directory" - but which dir is this - cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins or prefs/plugin?

    Is there a "preferred" method?

    Thanks for all the work that has been put in to keep LMS going and improving.

    Mark
    My custom-convert.conf is in the same folder as convert.conf.
    In my case etc/squeezeboxserver.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  8. #298
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    229
    Not sure if it is of any use but this docker image seems to work fine:

    https://hub.docker.com/r/apnar/logitech-media-server

  9. #299
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    Nice one! Thanks.

    I will try it this way next time as also had some (mostly permissions) issues with various docker images. Weirdly lmscommunity image went smooth for me with just GUI, but maybe I've sorted permissions in past and don't remember :P

    Anyway thanks for command line install tutorial!
    Please report back. Regarding the port mappings I would assume those are obsolete when you use host mode. Haven't confirmed though.

  10. #300
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    13
    Confirmed, port mappings are not required if you are using host network mode. Here's my docker-compose.yml file for LMS and musicip...

    Code:
    version: '3'
    services:
      lms:
        container_name: lms
        image: lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver:stable
        network_mode: host
        volumes:
          - /docker/lms/volumes/state:/config:rw
          - /sdb/shared/music:/music:ro
          - /docker/lms/volumes/playlists:/playlist:ro
          - /docker/lms/volumes/custom-convert.conf:/lms/custom-convert.conf
          - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
        environment:
          # use timezone of host
          - PUID=1000
          - GUID=1000
        depends_on:
          - musicip
    
      musicip:
        image: ptoulouse/musicip
        container_name: musicip
        network_mode: host
        environment:
          - PUID=1000
          - PGID=1000
        volumes:
          - /sdb/shared/music:/music
          - /docker/lms/volumes/musicip:/config

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •