Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DOliana View Post
    While at it I changed the build process to use plattform specific packages. I was able to test the arm versions, but I currently do not have the possibility to test the x64 version (I definitely have to work on that). Could anyone try and see if the images latest-UsePlattformSpecificImage-VERSION (e.g. latest-UsePlattformSpecificImage-7.9.3) work on an x64 machine?
    ...working on it ;-)
    Any special points of attention?
    Living Room: HifiBerry DAC+ Pro & piCorePlayer
    Attic: HifiBerry DAC+ RCA & piCorePlayer
    Other rooms: 6x SB Radio
    LMS: Version 8.1.x on Xubuntu 20.04LTS

Quote Originally Posted by zordaz View Post
    ...working on it ;-)
    Any special points of attention?
    Nothing from my side - if it starts it should be as good as the old image.

Nothing from my side - if it starts it should be as good as the old image.
    Well, I can confirm x64 7.9.3 starts fine and is able to scan a local music library. I will test with several plugins enabled later.
    I have used my docker-compose file as mentioned earlier in this thread, albeit on a different host (Win10pro instead of Xubuntu 20.04). LMS runs in its own (docker) network.

/edit:
    I have done additional testing with Spotty, Material Skin and Music & Artists Info plugin. First impressions are ok.
    Will do some testing with some library scan/rescan use cases later.
    Last edited by zordaz; 2020-09-07 at 12:15.

Thank you - I am using it with wathtower enabled to auto update all my containers. Since you seem to have much more knowledge about docker networking do you have an idea on how to handle dynamic port publishing depending on installed plugins?
    I mentioned it above - use host based networking. That's when you attach the container directly to the hosts network stack. You could in theory communicate with Docker from inside the container and have it map extra ports using the API, but that is even more hacky.

Let me provide you a docker-compose file that should just work. I've left your mounts as is, but you may want to use a volume
    Code:
    version: "2"
    services:
     lms:
        image: doliana/logitech-media-server
        network_mode: host
        volumes:
          - /docker/squeezebox/state:/srv/squeezebox
          - /docker/squeezebox/music:/srv/music
          - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro

Quote Originally Posted by dasos View Post
    I mentioned it above - use host based networking. That's when you attach the container directly to the hosts network stack. You could in theory communicate with Docker from inside the container and have it map extra ports using the API, but that is even more hacky.

Let me provide you a docker-compose file that should just work. I've left your mounts as is, but you may want to use a volume
    Code:
    services:
     lms:
        volumes:
          - /docker/squeezebox/state:/srv/squeezebox
          - /docker/squeezebox/music:/srv/music
    So far host based networking wasn't neccessary for my use cases with LMS & Docker. Do you have examples where it is really needed? Imho host based networking is never the first choice in te container world.

So far host based networking wasn't neccessary for my use cases with LMS & Docker. Do you have examples where it is really needed? Imho host based networking is never the first choice in te container world.
    Can you post your compose.yml that's working on Windows 10? I'm trying to run under Windows 2019 w/Docker in a Linux container and it's just not working.

my compose:
    Code:
    version: '3'
    services:
      squeezebox:
          container_name: squeezebox
          image: doliana/logitech-media-server:latest-SetProperVersions-7.9.3
          restart: unless-stopped
          environment:
            - TZ=America/New_York
          ports:
            - "9000:9000"
            - "9090:9090"
            - "3483:3483"
            - "3483:3483/udp" 
          volumes:
            - K:\Docker\configs\logitechmediaserver:/srv/squeezebox
            - M:\ServerFolders\music\:/srv/music
            - K:\Docker\timezone:/etc/timezone:ro
    And the startup issue. Can't even get it going - seems to not init. And the files DO exist in the config volume, which is the baffling part.

Code:
    squeezebox    | ======================================================================
    squeezebox    | http://172.21.0.2:9000/
    squeezebox    | ======================================================================
    squeezebox    |
    squeezebox    | dirsFor: Didn't find a match request: [scprefs]
    squeezebox    | dirsFor: Didn't find a match request: [videos]
    squeezebox    | dirsFor: Didn't find a match request: [pictures]
    squeezebox    | [20-09-10 10:15:13.7975] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.3, 1597753178, Sun Aug 23 19:24:13 CEST 2020) perl 5.024001 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    squeezebox    | [20-09-10 10:15:14.6833] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (377) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    squeezebox    | [20-09-10 10:15:14.7951] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2143) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    squeezebox    | [20-09-10 10:15:15.3497] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (377) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    squeezebox    | [20-09-10 10:15:15.3937] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2143) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    squeezebox    | [20-09-10 10:15:16.8095] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (377) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    squeezebox    | [20-09-10 10:15:16.8670] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2143) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    squeezebox    | [20-09-10 10:15:17.3304] main::checkDataSource (1107) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.
    squeezebox    | dirsFor: Didn't find a match request: [scprefs]
    squeezebox    | [20-09-10 10:15:18.7575] main::main (205) Starting Logitech Media Server scanner (v7.9.3, 1597753178, Sun Aug 23 19:24:13 CEST 2020) perl 5.024001
    squeezebox    | [20-09-10 10:15:18.7903] Slim::Utils::OS::Debian::dirsFor (94) Warning: dirsFor: Didn't find a match request: [videos]
    squeezebox    | [20-09-10 10:15:18.7923] Slim::Utils::OS::Debian::dirsFor (94) Warning: dirsFor: Didn't find a match request: [pictures]
    squeezebox    | [20-09-10 10:15:18.9528] Slim::Utils::DbCache::_init_db (290) Warning: DBI connect('dbname=/cache.db','',...) failed: unable to open database file at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Utils/DbCache.pm line 228.
    squeezebox    | Delete the file /cache.db and start from scratch.
    squeezebox    | [20-09-10 10:15:18.9562] Slim::Utils::DbCache::_init_db (287) Warning: Unable to read/create /cache.db

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancyr View Post
    Can you post your compose.yml that's working on Windows 10? I'm trying to run under Windows 2019 w/Docker in a Linux container and it's just not working.
    I am using Docker via WSL2 & Windows, and also have Docker on several linux systems.
    On Win10 my current docker-compose for LMS is:

Code:
      logitech-media-server:
        container_name: lms
    #    image: doliana/logitech-media-server:latest-7.9.2
    #    image: doliana/logitech-media-server:latest-8.0
        image: doliana/logitech-media-server:latest-SetProperVersions-7.9.3
        restart: unless-stopped
        ports:
          - "9000:9000"
          - "9090:9090"
          - "3483:3483"
          - "3483:3483/udp"
        volumes:
          # folder where lms stores its data (cache, logs, prefs)
          - ./lms_storage:/srv/squeezebox
          # folder where lms should look for music
          - /mnt/c/data/lms-music:/srv/music
        environment:
          # use time of host
          # use timezone of host
          - TZ=${TZ}
    The main difference is in the volumes/mappings, I am using mount points instead of drive letters. It seems to me that you have to look into that first.
    My docker-compose file lives in a WSL2 Debian environment, therefore mappings must be defined from Linux perspective, not from Win10.
    Last edited by zordaz; 2020-09-10 at 08:10.

The main difference is in the volumes/mappings, I am using mount points instead of drive letters. It seems to me that you have to look into that first.
    My docker-compose file lives in a WSL2 Debian environment, therefore mappings must be defined from Linux perspective, not from Win10.
    Yeah, that's what's baffling me. I have had ZERO problems with mapping for any other container I setup except for this one. Can't figure out why at all.

If I don't map the config folder, it works fine. So..it's something there. What it is though...I haven't a damn clue or even how to diagnose. Permissions are correct, date/time is correct - not even sure what else to look at.

EDIT: Doing some quick checks, it looks like the volume I map for config is owned by root when mapped and squeezeboxserver when not mapped. I've tried running the container as UID/GID:1000 (which is squeezeboxserver) and UID/GID:0 (root), and both result in the same issue.

EDIT2: I setup a Alpine Linux, installed docker, and tried mapping to the same underlying directories (mounted in Alpine of course)...and it works. So, basically this is some kind of permissioning issue with Docker on Windows w/a Linux container. If anyone has it working in that setup, let me know. While things are working fine w/the Linux container...I feel like it defeats the purpose.
    Last edited by Necromancyr; 2020-09-10 at 17:11.

I was responding to the request for "dynamic port publishing depending on installed plugins" by DOliana. I have no idea which plugins would need you to forward more ports into the container, but »\_(ツ)_/». I don't need it. I'm happy with a few mappings.

As a separate note, I mentioned earlier that LMS doesn't play nice with an overlay Swarm network, I think because it is NAT'd. But I get that most people deep in the container world don't play with that any more, and enjoy K8s instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancyr View Post
    EDIT2: I setup a Alpine Linux, installed docker, and tried mapping to the same underlying directories (mounted in Alpine of course)...and it works. So, basically this is some kind of permissioning issue with Docker on Windows w/a Linux container. If anyone has it working in that setup, let me know. While things are working fine w/the Linux container...I feel like it defeats the purpose.
    So I don't use Windows, but I do see many people struggling with permissions. Why not use a volume? It's generally not recommended to persist data using a bind mount (but I know it is super common). Anyway, try something like this. You can add port mappings if you prefer.
    Code:
    services:
     lms:
        volumes:
          - M:\ServerFolders\music:/srv/music
          - K:\Docker\timezone:/etc/timezone:ro
          - lms_config:/srv/squeezebox
    volumes:
      lms_config: