Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by zordaz View Post
    I think I am able to test the x64 versions. Although still somewhat in the Docker learning curve, I already have several other containers running via Docker-compose. I have to read through this thread and Github first, especially to understand the way the persistent parts of a LMS system are stored (via official Docker volumes? Via mappings?), so it might take some time before I can report my findings.
    If it helps with your testing, here's a basic docker run command I'd previously used during testing to start DOliana's images:
    Code:
    docker run -d \
                -p 9000:9000 \
                -p 9002:9000 \
                -p 3483:3483 \
                -p 3483:3483/udp \
                -e TZ=Australia/Melbourne \
                -v /storage/.kodi/userdata/Apps/LMS:/srv/squeezebox \
                -v /storage/music:/srv/music \
                doliana/logitech-media-server:latest-7.9.2
    There are 2 persistent data stores that are mapped to your local storage:
    1) configuration data /srv/squeezebox
    2) music source /srv/music

(Change the image tag to which one you want to test)

This would start LMS listening on port 9000 or 9002.

I think I am able to test the x64 versions. Although still somewhat in the Docker learning curve, I already have several other containers running via Docker-compose. I have to read through this thread and Github first, especially to understand the way the persistent parts of a LMS system are stored (via official Docker volumes? Via mappings?), so it might take some time before I can report my findings.
    Alternatively if you want to directly start with docker compose, you can start with the compose file in github and change line 9 to use the image tag you want to test (e.g. latest-SetProperVersions-8.0).

In the end it should be just about making sure that LMS starts and streams music and has no dependencies missing.

One more note: The pipelines are only set to build weekly for the master branch - What we are doing here happens on a separate branch. So do not expect weekly builds until I merge to master.
    Last edited by DOliana; 2020-07-26 at 03:26.

I have done my first testing with x64 images via docker-compose.
    I was successfully able to pull the 7.9.2 and 8.0 images. Both 7.7.6 and 7.9.3 gave a 'manifest unknown' error however.
    This must me something with the image-syntax/label in my compose file. What is the exact syntax for these images?

The following tests on the 7.9.2 and 8.0 containers went fine, using the same existing settings:
    - Create, scan and play music from a (docker-test) local library: mp3, ogg, flac
    - Config and play music via Spotty
    - Play several internet radio stations
    - Switch an existing player from my main music library to the 'docker-test- library

I had a few hassles with port 9000 and LMS, because my docker-management tool Portainer by default also uses 9000. First I tried to remap LMS to another port, but then the local music library wasn't accessible for other players. In the end I remapped Portainer to something else, so LMS could run on 9000.

Below my docker-compose:

Code:
    logitech-media-server:
        container_name: lms
    #    image: doliana/logitech-media-server:latest-7.9.2
        image: doliana/logitech-media-server:latest-8.0
        restart: unless-stopped
        ports:
          - "9000:9000"
          - "9090:9090"
          - "3483:3483"
          - "3483:3483/udp"
        volumes:
          # folder where lms stores its data (cache, logs, prefs)
          - ./lms_storage:/srv/squeezebox
          # folder where lms should look for music
          - /data/lms-music:/srv/music
        environment:
          # use time of host
          - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
          # use timezone of host
          - TZ=${TZ}
    As you can see I use an environment variable (.env file) for the timezone. What is the purpose of the localtime mapping, it seems double to me?
    Last edited by zordaz; 2020-07-27 at 13:07.
    Living Room: HifiBerry DAC+ Pro & piCorePlayer
    Attic: HifiBerry DAC+ RCA & piCorePlayer
    Kitchen: SB Radio
    Other rooms: 4x SB Radio

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I thought 7.9.3 and 8.0.0 are both development branches.
    7.9.3 builds upon 7.9.2 with fixes and new features.
    8.0.0 includes Online Music Library integration on top of fixes and new stuff in 7.9.3
    Both are pretty stable but can be subject to accidental breakages on occasions
    7.9.3 is indeed a development branch, but bug fix only as far as I know. Development of new features has moved to the 8.0 branch:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...7-9-2-released
    https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https...hangelog7.html
    Last edited by zordaz; 2020-07-28 at 03:30.

I have done my first testing with x64 images via docker-compose.
    I was successfully able to pull the 7.9.2 and 8.0 images. Both 7.7.6 and 7.9.3 gave a 'manifest unknown' error however.
    This must me something with the image-syntax/label in my compose file. What is the exact syntax for these images?
    Until we have successfully tested the images they are not available with the general latest branch. The following contains all available combinations of image name/tag - just replace the "image: ..." line with whatever you want to test:

• image: doliana/logitech-media-server:latest-SetProperVersions-7.7.6
    • image: doliana/logitech-media-server:latest-SetProperVersions-7.9.2
    • image: doliana/logitech-media-server:latest-SetProperVersions-7.9.3
    • image: doliana/logitech-media-server:latest-SetProperVersions-8.0

As you can see I use an environment variable (.env file) for the timezone. What is the purpose of the localtime mapping, it seems double to me?
    Now that you mention it... You are right - it should be the same. If I remember correctly while setting up some other container, I tried the environment variable, failed and found that mapping /etc/localtime worked. As I know myself I then would have applied that solution to all my containers to have all containers configured the same way.

I wanted to do some rudimentary testing of the x64 images with docker for windows (using linux containers) myself and found that all images beside 7.7.6 start properly. 7.7.6 is missing some dependencies. (see below for the error message) Since when starting it states that the version 7.7 is outdated I am asking myself whether it makes sense to invest time in fixing the image to support 7.7.6. What are your opinions?

Code:
    ======================================================================
    http://172.17.0.2:9000/

The following modules failed to load: DBI EV XML::Parser::Expat HTML::Parser JSON::XS Digest::SHA1 YAML::XS Sub::Name

Quote Originally Posted by DOliana View Post
    I wanted to do some rudimentary testing of the x64 images with docker for windows (using linux containers) myself and found that all images beside 7.7.6 start properly. 7.7.6 is missing some dependencies. (see below for the error message) Since when starting it states that the version 7.7 is outdated I am asking myself whether it makes sense to invest time in fixing the image to support 7.7.6. What are your opinions?

Code:
    http://172.17.0.2:9000/

The following modules failed to load: DBI EV XML::Parser::Expat HTML::Parser JSON::XS Digest::SHA1 YAML::XS Sub::Name

No point whatsoever. The only people running that old are the people that don’t know how to upgrade. They are also unlikely to know what a docker is let alone run one.
    “It’s a bloke wat works at the docks ain’t it?”
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    No point whatsoever. The only people running that old are the people that don’t know how to upgrade. They are also unlikely to know what a docker is let alone run one.
    “It’s a bloke wat works at the docks ain’t it?”
    Sounds reasonable - I created images as I wrote above. Did anybody get into testing the images? I have been running them successfully on ARMv7 and they also all started on x64. If nobody objects, I will release them to the wild :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DOliana View Post
    Sounds reasonable - I created images as I wrote above. Did anybody get into testing the images? I have been running them successfully on ARMv7 and they also all started on x64. If nobody objects, I will release them to the wild :-)
    I will do some additional testing of the x64 images when I'm back from vacation later in August. In the meantime I think it is safe to release them.

I agree with d6jg's post above about the 7.6 image btw.