Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast
    I am not the docker expert. My question is only if there is a possibility for inexperienced Synology users to simply install the LMS correctly on Synology NAS via the integrated docker gui.
    Correct also means with the etc/ paths to timezone and localtime. Yes it works easy also without this path, but timezone is not correct, most users don't notice that.
    Because using the integrated synology docker gui, it is not possible to enter paths on etc/ or system level at all.
    Of course, if the docker compose.yml file is adjusted with all paths and executed via ssh (putty) docker-compose, all in the yml file specified paths include etc/ are set correctly.
    That is not a problem for me, but my question is now whether is it possible to make it easier for most Synology users to push the LMS distribution. That means is there a possibility that both etc/ paths can already be preset when using LMS via docker on Synology NAS?

Quote Originally Posted by Squeeze4Ever View Post
    I am not the docker expert. My question is only if there is a possibility for inexperienced Synology users to simply install the LMS correctly on Synology NAS via the integrated docker gui.
    Correct also means with the etc/ paths to timezone and localtime. Yes it works easy also without this path, but timezone is not correct, most users don't notice that.
    Because using the integrated synology docker gui, it is not possible to enter paths on etc/ or system level at all.
    Of course, if the docker compose.yml file is adjusted with all paths and executed via ssh (putty) docker-compose, all in the yml file specified paths include etc/ are set correctly.
    That is not a problem for me, but my question is now whether is it possible to make it easier for most Synology users to push the LMS distribution. That means is there a possibility that both etc/ paths can already be preset when using LMS via docker on Synology NAS?
    Synology user here: perhaps yo've look into a docker container called portainer first. Cause this is a gui based solution which made the Synology GUI obsolete most of the time.

Hi mamema,
    yes you're right, but to install and configure portainer you must also use the SSH login. If you can do that it's easy to install the LMS container. The basic idea was to make it as simple as possible that means only to click and install and define the three folders with the integrated Synology giu.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeeze4Ever View Post
    Hi mamema,
    yes you're right, but to install and configure portainer you must also use the SSH login. If you can do that it's easy to install the LMS container. The basic idea was to make it as simple as possible that means only to click and install and define the three folders with the integrated Synology giu.
    Synology hasnt provided any way to mount system folders via the GUI, only shared volumes, which you have configured. So either you have a wrong time, or you need to configure via ssh.

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    Synology hasnt provided any way to mount system folders via the GUI, only shared volumes, which you have configured. So either you have a wrong time, or you need to configure via ssh.
    hmm, how do I check this? All players show correct time , alarms functioning as expected.. I have not tweaked anything via SSH, just Synology GUI install of LMSCommunity image.. I'm confused about your "wrong time" comment, please clarify. thanks
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    hmm, how do I check this? All players show correct time , alarms functioning as expected.. I have not tweaked anything via SSH, just Synology GUI install of LMSCommunity image.. I'm confused about your "wrong time" comment, please clarify. thanks
    if it's all working, then don't touch it.
    But there are possibilities that some docker images are reporting wrong time because the missing link to the actual host time.
    For this there are the

/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime

and Synology special:

/etc/TZ:/etc/timezone

volume mounts.

and Synology special:

/etc/TZ:/etc/timezone

volume mounts.
    Haven't Michael already sorted it out though? I think it was mentioned to him already so possibly as I'm running 8.2.0 dev it had been tweaked.. Otherwise maybe I'm just lucky as I'm in GMT which perhaps is default time zone
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    maybe I'm just lucky as I'm in GMT which perhaps is default time zone
    Possibly this. Assuming you're in the UK, your luck may run out once BST starts in a few weeks...

(Rather than on GMT, you might well be effectively zoneless, so using Universal Standard Time. This aligns with GMT, but won't change when daylight saving comes in.)

Setting the TZ env variable should be sufficient. No need for a shell.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Permissions etc Synology / Docker

Hi folks

Just wanted to add my experience. I have a Synology DS218+ - installed Docker and have gone for the 8.2 branch of LMS. Initially, issues with getting LMS to see my music library stored on the Synology. I have found NFS permissions not required, indeed I don't have NFS switched on. What is required is Guest access to the Music folder and the Docker folder :
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-03-02 193922.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  36.6 KB

Hope this helps!

Kind regards

Edward