Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sweden (only country where the clouds are interesting)

piCorePLayer connected to MySB.com...?

My Duet player just died after 12 years of almost constant (well, mornings and evenings, at least) playing. During the years I have almost exclusively used MySB.com as server. Years ago I had LMS running locally but did not find anything that I needed that MySB.com could not do.

Now I'm looking for something to replace my Duet. I have managed to get piCorePlayer running on a Raspberry Pi, but being so used to MySB.com I really want to have it connect to MySB.com. I have tried various things (setting the Frankfurt server IP, even setting the MAC address to my dead Duet's) but have not managed to get it to connect to MySB.com.

Does anyone know if it is at all possible?

Thanks
    // Jocke
    // OppfinnarJocke
    SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.7.3 r16662, Player FW 77
    Main use: Deezer and Radio Paradise through MySB.com

Quote Originally Posted by OppfinnarJocke View Post
    My Duet player just died after 12 years of almost constant (well, mornings and evenings, at least) playing. During the years I have almost exclusively used MySB.com as server. Years ago I had LMS running locally but did not find anything that I needed that MySB.com could not do.

Now I'm looking for something to replace my Duet. I have managed to get piCorePlayer running on a Raspberry Pi, but being so used to MySB.com I really want to have it connect to MySB.com. I have tried various things (setting the Frankfurt server IP, even setting the MAC address to my dead Duet's) but have not managed to get it to connect to MySB.com.

Does anyone know if it is at all possible?

Thanks
    // Jocke
    You don't say how you've tried to get it connected to mysqueezebox.com.

Do you have LMS running locally?

If you connect your Pi to LMS, in the left pane under "Extras", select "Music source", then "mysqeezebox.com".

Does that work?

Name:  mysb1.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  19.3 KB

Name:  mysb2.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  14.0 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Thanks for your reply kidstypike.

When I posted I thought that I could do without LMS, and I still hope so.

Since then I have installed LMS and the piCorePlayer is connected to teh local LMS, and I can see the "On mysqueezebox.com" entry in the LMS under Favorites. And I can start and stop the piCorePlayer from the LMS.

However, this is not what I am after. I want to have the piCorePLayer connected directly to MySB.com, just as my old Duet were, and control the streaming from the web interface of MySB.com. I do not want to have another computer running LMS, just to be able to change the stream between Radio Paradise and Swedish Radio P1 now and then. With the Duet this all worked fine without LMS.

So if this is possible with the piCorePlayer, it would save my day (and week, and month, and...) From some threads here it seems as it should be possible, but I have not managed (yet).

Any suggestions are welcome.
    // OppfinnarJocke

And BTW... the way I tried to connect the piCorePlayer to MySB.com earlier was (as mentioned) that I set the IP-address of the LMS server for the piCorePlayer to the IP-address of the Frankfurt MySB.com server. I tried this with and without faking the MAC-address of the piCorePlayer to my Duet's MAC. I could not get that to work.
    // OppfinnarJocke

piCorePlayer(any non-logitech hardware) cannot connect directly to mysb. You need a local LMS server.

pCP can run a LMS server and the player on the same device.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

And BTW... the way I tried to connect the piCorePlayer to MySB.com earlier was (as mentioned) that I set the IP-address of the LMS server for the piCorePlayer to the IP-address of the Frankfurt MySB.com server. I tried this with and without faking the MAC-address of the piCorePlayer to my Duet's MAC. I could not get that to work.
    My .study player (second line of my signature) is at the moment connected to mysqueezebox.com amd happily playing a radio station. There's no LMS running on my network. Once your player is connected to mysqueezebox.com you can turn the LMS machine off.

No idea why you're messing about with MAC addresses ???

Name:  mysb3.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  28.2 KB

Name:  mysb4.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  47.5 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    My .study player (second line of my signature) is at the moment connected to mysqueezebox.com amd happily playing a radio station. There's no LMS running on my network. Once your player is connected to mysqueezebox.com you can turn the LMS machine off.

No idea why you're messing about with MAC addresses ???
    OK, nice! This seems to be exactly what I want. Can you please tell me how you get your pCP connected to MySB.com?

Why I messed with MAC addresses... it was a futile hope that MySB.com would recognize the pCP as the old Duet. It would have been a quick and dirty solution, but it did not work, of course.
    // OppfinnarJocke

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    piCorePlayer(any non-logitech hardware) cannot connect directly to mysb. You need a local LMS server.

pCP can run a LMS server and the player on the same device.
    OK, this might be a good solution.
    Didn't think of that. I only regarded the pCP as a replacement for my Duet player.
    If I cannot connect directly to MySB.com I guess I have to work it out this way.
    Thanks.
    // OppfinnarJocke

OK, nice! This seems to be exactly what I want. Can you please tell me how you get your pCP connected to MySB.com?
    Like I tried to tell you above . . .

Name:  mysb5.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  15.4 KB

This is stretching my memory a bit, but I think you need "official" Logitech Squeezebox hardware to connect directly to MySB.com (it's funded by Logitech).

This is checked by looking at the MAC address.

In piCorePlayer, we have disallowed the option of setting the MAC address to "real" Squeezebox MAC addresses.

Squeezelite Settings -> MAC address -> more help

Code:
    Set MAC address (-m)   less> 
    <mac addr>
    Format: ab:cd:ef:12:34:56
    This is used if you want to use a fake MAC address or you want to overwrite the default MAC address determined by Squeezelite. Usually you will not need to set a MAC address.
    By default Squeezelite will use one of the following MAC addresses:
    Physical MAC address: b8:27:eb:b8:7d:33
    Wireless MAC address: 
    Note: Squeezelite will ignore MAC addresses from the range 00:04:20:**:**:**
    Last edited by Greg Erskine; 2020-03-13 at 17:13.