Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    Any updates on this?
    -MrD
    ===================
    3 PiCore Players
    1 Transporter (dead)
    2 Squeezebox v3 (1 dead, 1 resurrected)
    Linux x86-64 SlimServer 8.1.1

coming soon

apologies for the radio silence my new job is taking much of my time, baby needs new shoes and all that...

implementation of addition OLED support inclusive grayscale 256x64 SSD1322 is almost there, driver 100% functional and blindingly fast

given this introduced a lot of layout change with the additional screen real-estate and many modifications to the graphics library and OLED drivers in general its been a bit of a mountain to climb

I had a couple of dead ends looking for better driver and graphics support but in the end I just rolled my own - "bare-metal" - so I have scorchingly fast routines - again the knock on effect was a lot of code change to take advantage iuncluding back-porting where applicable

I also took advantage of the refactoring exercise to slim down the code some and reduce complexity

so, that said the end is in sight

currently working on dynamic layout and then this'll be a wrap, one size fits all - in a pinch

there are minimal new features

the only additional code is to support the latest weather api, climacell rebranded to tomorrow.io and updated and extended their API offerings

more on that when the time comes

I'm down to ensuring all mods are performative and I've not introduced any new nasties

I'm shooting for the end of month to release the update
    As of 25-Sep-2021 my digitized collection is (25931 hours 59 minutes) + (23 seconds) or
    2.958 years in duration
    random continuous play would really annoy the neighbors...

Digitized thus far:

Total Tracks: 169,609
    Total Albums: 15,626
    Total Artists: 22,284
    Total Genres: 780
    Total Playing Time: 25931:59:23

With another ~6000 yet to be cataloged and ripped... a moving target such that it is ...

Looking forward to the updates!
    -MrD
    ===================
    3 PiCore Players
    1 Transporter (dead)

Ssd1309

Any tips to get this working? I have a arduino spi o1, ssh o7 and a i2c o6 working.

Alas my peepers dont work as well and 2.42 inch screen would be desirable.

For the life of me i cannot get the ssd1309 working, either i2c or spi. I bought a second thinking i burned out the first one, using either 3.3 or 5v the screen will not turn on.

I can swap out with a smaller spi with the same pinout and will work immediately.

I’ve check the resistors and it is setup for spi.

Btw the i2c device holds the i2c bus too long for my hifiberry and it creates hifiberry issues, which is why i switched to spi devices.
    Last edited by MrD; 2021-07-17 at 08:47.
    -MrD
    ===================
    3 PiCore Players
    1 Transporter (dead)

LiFePO4

Archlinux?

Hi,

I'm trying to restart this project, but I switched over exclusively to Archlinux.

I tried the binaries and they gave out. Would I be able to compile and get it working on Archlinux or it's a fruitless effort?

Quote Originally Posted by shunte88 View Post
    implementation of addition OLED support inclusive grayscale 256x64 SSD1322 is almost there, driver 100% functional and blindingly fast ...

I'm shooting for the end of month to release the update ...
    Is there already a release date planned for the new features or is there a beta pre-release? I would like to get LMS Monitor running on a SSD1322 display.

regards
    PiPlayer

any updates?

just got my Audiophonics dac up and running on PiCore and would love to get the 2ndary screen running

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sandbagger View Post
    any updates?

just got my Audiophonics dac up and running on PiCore and would love to get the 2ndary screen running

Thanks
    Depending on which audiophonics dac you're talking about, I built an extension for pcp for the EVO-Sabre

You can see more info here . Let me know if you want it - I built a set of instructions, the extensions, fonts etc.

It doesn't do anything clever - just text info - no graphs or anything - but it's very solid.

pete S
    Last edited by psketch; 2021-09-30 at 12:34.

That will be perfect for now.
    yes I have the EVO SABRE Balanced DAC
    yea, directions/files would be a lot of help, to be honest I have forgotten more than I ever knew about linux :P
    I have been using PicorePlayer for a while now with just a 9038 or the AK4493 DAC hats but wanted balanced

would love the cool display stuff listed in the tread, but it can wait

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psketch View Post
    Depending on which audiophonics dac you're talking about, I built an extension for pcp for the EVO-Sabre

You can see more info here . Let me know if you want it - I built a set of instructions, the extensions, fonts etc.

It doesn't do anything clever - just text info - no graphs or anything - but it's very solid.

pete S

Quote Originally Posted by sandbagger View Post
    That will be perfect for now.
    yes I have the EVO SABRE Balanced DAC
    yea, directions/files would be a lot of help, to be honest I have forgotten more than I ever knew about linux :P
    I have been using PicorePlayer for a while now with just a 9038 or the AK4493 DAC hats but wanted balanced

would love the cool display stuff listed in the tread, but it can wait

Thanks
    pm me your email and I'll send it all over