Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Quote Originally Posted by cortegedusage View Post
    @shunte88 Thank you for the hint of using slimmer, I didn't find it my self. I will try it.

Thank you,

Dennis
    Hello, did you ever manage to get Slimmer to work on your 16x2 Display?

Best,
    jasc

Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    Hello, did you ever manage to get Slimmer to work on your 16x2 Display?

Best,
    jasc
    Hi, Unfortunately I did not. As others did mention there are some things missing or have wrong versions.
    Not having the time nor the knowledge, or the time to gain the knowledge, I gave up, for now that is...

cheers
    Dennis

LMS Auto discovery

Any chance we could get a command line parameter to pass in the LMS IP? Instead of auto-discovery? My LMS is on a different subnet from the wifi network.

If not ... I will setup a cross compiler and see about adding myself.
    -MrD
    ===================
    3 PiCore Players
    1 Transporter (dead)
    2 Squeezebox v3 (1 dead, 1 resurrected)
    Linux x86-64 SlimServer 8.1.1

Absolutely, I'll add it for the next release

Update on the next version:

I've spent a good bit of time optimizing the codebase, as part of the SSD1322 implementation I've taken the route of reworking much of the visualization processes.

VU meters as an example now constitute a single routine that covers stereo VU, downmix, "mini" modes all scaled dynamically. This removed the need for the embedded bitmap data and adds color/grayscale to the mix for OLED that support it. And for the nerds the meter now feature sprung/weighted needle physics.

Work is taking a lot of dev time away but I'm on a mission to get this done

I'll be folding the new VU code into the build and releasing this week!

Shortish shaky cam video - current label layout

Looks like I need to dust!

VU 2.0
    Last edited by shunte88; 2021-04-13 at 09:06.
    As of 11-Apr-2021 my digitized collection is (25769 hours 7 minutes) + (5 seconds) or
    2.94 years in duration
    random continuous play would really annoy the neighbors...

Digitized thus far:

Total Tracks: 167,701
    Total Albums: 15,378
    Total Artists: 22,095
    Total Genres: 775
    Total Playing Time: 25769:07:05

With another ~2700 yet to be ripped... a moving target such that it is ...

Excellent!

Quick question, the aluminum case on the github readme file... did you cnc that or buy, where did you get it from?

Second, I did get code working in my setup, using Pi OS to compile.

I did spend more time reading the code and reviewing the server interfaces.

I think passing in the ip/port is shortest path, as the port is not set correctly if discovery does not complete.

I might be sending a pull request in a couple days, I would rather you spend your time on the display code
    -MrD
    ===================
    3 PiCore Players
    1 Transporter (dead)

I picked up the case on fleaBay for cheap, shipped from China so a few weeks in transit these days

I then used Frontpanel Express for the CNC work - front and rear panels

Audiophonics and DIYAudio have similar cases, very bare bones and you don't need to spend a ton - I'm betting t'zon, Alibaba, etc have good choices too

That was 6-7 years ago and FPEx work was [good but] pricey, especially when you futz the OLED measurements and have to repeat the order, the OLED is recessed into the panel with extra space for the kapton flex PCB

The combined cost of that work would purchase a 3018 CNC at today's prices.

I've since purchased a couple of CNC machines so I'm setup to do the work myself.

I've seen folks using acrylic and even PCB's for the panels, PCBWay/China etc, with the benefit of printed surfaces, standoffs etc in a number of colors. You can get the work done for pennies leveraging Shenzen resources

I've surfaced the LMS Server overrides so no need for the PR

I'll get this update out ASAP
    Last edited by shunte88; 2021-04-13 at 17:02.
    As of 11-Apr-2021 my digitized collection is (25769 hours 7 minutes) + (5 seconds) or
    2.94 years in duration

Digitized thus far:

Quote Originally Posted by shunte88 View Post
    I picked up the case on fleaBay for cheap, shipped from China so a few weeks in transit these days

I then used Frontpanel Express for the CNC work - front and rear panels

Audiophonics and DIYAudio have similar cases, very bare bones and you don't need to spend a ton - I'm betting t'zon, Alibaba, etc have good choices too

That was 6-7 years ago and FPEx work was [good but] pricey, especially when you futz the OLED measurements and have to repeat the order, the OLED is recessed into the panel with extra space for the kapton flex PCB

The combined cost of that work would purchase a 3018 CNC at today's prices.

I've since purchased a couple of CNC machines so I'm setup to do the work myself.

I've seen folks using acrylic and even PCB's for the panels, PCBWay/China etc, with the benefit of printed surfaces, standoffs etc in a number of colors. You can get the work done for pennies leveraging Shenzen resources

I've surfaced the LMS Server overrides so no need for the PR

I'll get this update out ASAP
    Excellent thanks! I am looking for to the updates.

I've been playing around with FPEx, then I clicked on order panels .
    -MrD
    ===================
    3 PiCore Players
    1 Transporter (dead)

Hello, I'm trying to get the AZDelivery 1.3 128x64 OLED SH1106 Chip working on my Picoreplayer.
    It works on an Arduino.
    I followed the instructions from shunte88.
    Installation and start run without errors, but the display does not show.

Maybe someone can help me, thank you

EDIT:
    I had the 64 bit version. After I installed the 32 bit everything worked immediately.
    Thanks to shunte88 for the great work

EDIT2: the 64-bit only has the i2c-tools package, not i2c-tools-dev.
    Does anyone know how to get that for 64 bit?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Hitchiker; 2021-04-19 at 02:57.

Nice work! I just tested this morning, plug and play ready :-)
    I have a couple of questions.
    My setup is a pi3B, wifi, picoreplayer, jivelite, official pi 7" display and allo boss DAC 1.2
    Generic 1.3" OLED I2C sh1106 and I plugged them on sda/SCL/vcc/gnd GPIO hat from the DAC.
    I use this simple command line :
    sudo /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/lmsmonitor --name groseille -v -m vu

Now, it seems a bit erratic, sometimes it will display the same as on the screen (title track, time left...) and for unknown reasons it will switch to VU meter with quite poor FPS, then back to track name... Maybe there are some conflicts with shared memory access?
    Is the lmsmonitor supposed to work without jivelite on?
    Should I use a pi4 for a better framerate?

Best
    Luc

@luc apologies really slammed with work so trying to catch up a little

the operation you described is as expected

the sluggish VU's is down to a bug that has been resolved but has as of yet not been deployed

use the downmix switch on the command as the single VU operates correctly.

bit confused - you don't need jivelite for the monitor to run

the monitor is intended for light weight installs where you only have a simple monochrome, for now, OLED

Jivelite is a full featured UI and has all and more functionality than the monitor

Jivelite can display meters, and much prettier than those in the monitor, technically less dynamic but most if not all won't care!

its either one or the other, but I don't think you'd need both

running both you could definitely be hitting trouble with shared memory as multiple processes would be locking and unlocking memory to snapshot and analyze, deadlocks and conflicts definitely could bind and it could get ugly fast.

as part of the development for larger grayscale displays much of the visualization code has been reworked to take advantage of the color space as well as improving the memory and resources needed to visualize the data.

the VU code got a 100% rewrite, the meters are now drawn rather than rendered from a stored image. They now have realistic physics too. There's a video link in an earlier post showing the new version in action.

the code is blazing fast and operates really well with the large format displays - SPI devices

I originally developed using very low level calls against the device, porting those back to the graphics library I'm getting a bit of a slowdown

I have pi4 and pi3 devices I test against along with several OLED flavors, they should all function the same so while its nice to bump to a pi4 its not necessary

new code much leaner and meaner so that shouldn't be happening!

I'm trying to find the time to close this out and deploy an update, bit of a scramble with other commitments.

Watch this space though and day now!
    2.94 years in duration

Digitized thus far: