HI,

As I said previously, I have never seen a SSD1322 driver chip Oled using I2C. The Oleds with 0ohm links to change between I1C and SPI normally use the SSD1305 / SSD1309 series ICs. My 3.1" Oled with SSD1322 does not have any 0ohm links and cannot be converted to I2C

so I just checked the SSD1322 specification

The SOLOMON SYSTECH SSD1322 SEMICONDUCTOR TECHNICAL DATA spec states:-

Selectable MCU Interfaces:
o8-bit 6800/8080-series parallel interface
o3/4-wire Serial Peripheral Interface

8.1.3MCU Serial Interface (4-wire SPI)
The serial interface consists of serial clock SCLK, serial data SDIN, D/C#, CS#.
In SPI mode, D0 acts as SCLK, D1 acts as SDIN.
For the unused data pins, D2 should be left open. The pins from D3 to D7, E and R/W# can be connected to an external ground.

8.1.4MCU Serial Interface (3-wire SPI)
The 3-wire serial interface consists of serial clock SCLK, serial data SDIN and CS#.
In 3-wire SPI mode, D0 acts as SCLK, D1 acts as SDIN.
For the unused data pins, D2 should be left open. The pins from D3 to D7, R/W# (WR#), E(RD#) and D/C# can be connected to an external ground. The operation is similar to 4-wire serial interface while D/C# pin is not used. There are altogether 9-bits will be shifted into the shift register on every ninth clock in sequence: D/C# bit, D7 to D0 bit. The D/C# bit (first bit of the sequential data) will determine the following data byte in the shift register is written to the Display Data RAM (D/C# bit = 1) or the command register (D/C# bit = 0). Under serial mode, only write operations are allowed.
cheers

Patrick

PS My lmsmonitor has been running all day, working great, switching between data and visualizations, on both sound files and streamed radio.
P