Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    apologies I missed those last two postings to the thread - too excited about the new DAC

@JRM_PT you can add extra command line options to your startup commands in PCP

the only caveat is that the visualizer setting must be specified first, for example setup User Command 1 on the pCP tweaks page like so:

Code:
    /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/gomonitor RN ...your specific options...
    here we're specifying random visualizers, following arguments may override the setting.

An example of that is the all-in-one switch -a - you can specify multiple "a's" to affect the all-in-one experience

-a all-in-one as part of the specified visualization modes
    -aa always all-in-one, toggles between the spectrum and VU "swoosh"
    -aaa a fun little easter egg, a second of these is in the works

so if you wanted to use the Festus font, and display the easter egg when audio is playing

Code:
    /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/gomonitor RN  -aaa -f 5
    lots of additional arguments provided to make LMSMonitor your own

the first thing the gomonitor script does is attempt to kill any monitor processes that may be running, it repeats the command a couple of times, during development I've had occasion when I had several orphaned processes running in the background. The warning you see is coming from those kill requests when it finds no processes, I'll add some output redirection to make those go away as they've been reported a couple of times. I thought I'd done that but maybe I missed something

gomonitor is a good helper, it takes care of the multiple processes and provides some default parameters to the monitor. you can call the monitor directly if you wish, but ensure you pass the required parameters especially if you have a number of pCP installs and wish to monitor a specific device.

If you have specifics you want to get up and running let me know and I'll try to help.

@gregex. I've also experienced the 50/50 split issue on one of my setups, its using a pi 3 and I'd assumed it was connected to setting the brightness at dawn and dusk as when I turned that off the monitor played nicely again. I like having the brightness autoset so I reactivated the option and setup a cron entry to restart the monitor - massive kludge but it seems to work

Note I'm also running with an I2C device so the SPI speed would not affect, I'll add an option to surface setting the speed for SPI

Code:
    * */6 * * /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/gomonitor RN -bkiaaa -o 3 -S 3 -d -f 8
    specifically using gomonitor to ensure any running processes are cleaned up

I've not tooled on the communication speed, there are comments in the code from the driver authors that they had problems with setting speed.

Code:
    /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/gomonitor rn -db -o 7 -D 27 -R 24 -C 0 -F
    apologies on the I/F mix-up - I had Invert and Flip as alternate naming but invert could also mean affect background/foreground presentation, seems my brain landed on one naming scheme and my fingers another; I'll fix the docs.

with I2C animations are pretty solid, SPI allows for faster updates so that could be the flicker issue. Flicker looks a lot worse if you're recording your screen with a digital camera/phone.

scrolling and other animations are all bit bashed as we can't take advantage of any firmware scrollers or sprites. There may be more capable libraries out there but the Adafruit stuff is pretty much the only feature-full implementation for C/C++

I did write a build using golang but the executable was huge so I abandoned, at some point I may look at rust as an alternative if C turns into a black hole.

the GPIO error is usually down to hijacking a pin used by the I2C or SPI interfaces, there's a shutdown routine that takes care of cleanup but maybe its missing SPI specifics - I'll take a look and ensure the GPIO is being "handed-back" cleanly, the equivalent of a Rpi.GPIO.Close in the python impl.

thank you both for kind words

In the works, potentially weather - the BBC has a free API that only lacks standard icons. I also found an API from a company out of Boston that has nice features so it too may be an option.

I also have a second easter egg, the venerable SL-1210, if I can make it look clean - 128x64 makes for a lot of work
    As of 2020/07/09

Total Tracks: 151,425
    Total Albums: 13,873
    Total Artists: 19,632
    Total Genres: 692
    Total Playing Time: 24320:13:27

Still not running

Monitor is the only missing item on my system
    I've reinstalled the code, did all the steps again but still can't put that screen to work.
    I don't have a clue of what is wrong of what I can do. In the first try I saw the clock (very dimmed) but now not even that.

@JRM_PT, huge apologies for the late reply

what is the screen type you're using - take a pic and post her - front and back of the display

what is the command line you're using

try using without the gomonitor wrapper and turn the detailed debug on

ssh to you player, same as you'd have done to install

cd to the folder with the code

Code:
    cd /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce
    first find the name of your player
    its the name you provided on the Squeezelite Settings page of the pCP web page

you can also get the name with the following, just cut and paste
    Code:
    cat /usr/local/sbin/config.cfg | grep "^NAME=" | cut -d'"' -f2
    lets say that returned piCorePlayer, run the monitor with the following command and provide the name for the -n parameter

Code:
    sudo /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/lmsmonitor -n "piCorePlayer" -crbkd -iiii
    the i parameters turn on debug, the OLED type will be the default as will the font

you should see information being displayed on your screen - something like

Code:
    OLED Mode ...........: IIC
    This is lmsmonitor (0.4.45) - built Jul  6 2020 11:21:14.
    Verbosity ...........: Debug
    OLED Driver .........: (6) SH1106 I2C 128x64
    OLED Address ........: 0x3c
    Scrolling Mode ......: (0) Cylon (Default)
    OLED Clock Font .....: Classic LCD Clock Font
    Sending LMS Discovery ...
    LMS (Server) responded:
    Server IP ...........: 192.168.1.25:3483
    Player Count ........: 2
    Player Name .........: koala
    Player ID ...........: b8:27:eb:c2:ed:81
    Player IP ...........: 192.168.1.129
    Provider IP .........: 66.31.43.194
    Reported TZ .........: America/New_York
    Longitude ...........:  -71.1134
    Latitude ............:   42.4178
    Sunrise .............: 07-07-2020 05:15:08
    Sunset ..............: 07-07-2020 20:23:31
    Set Display .........: Day Mode
    Visualization .......: Inactive
    Hostname ............: koala
    Interface ...........: eth0
    Address .............: 192.168.1.129
    Interface ...........: wlan0
    Address .............: 192.168.1.22
    GFX Font Width ......: 6 (px)
    GFX Font Height .....: 8 (px)
    2020-07-07 13:03:27 :: src/lmsmonitor.c-0890 : isRefreshed
    2020-07-07 13:03:27 :: src/lmsmonitor.c-0930 : activeScroller test
    2020-07-07 13:03:27 :: src/lmsmonitor.c-0935 : display clock test
    2020-07-07 13:03:27 :: src/lmsmonitor.c-1008 : clockPage
    2020-07-07 13:03:27 :: src/lmsmonitor.c-1015 : cpu Metrics?
    2020-07-07 13:03:28 :: src/lmsmonitor.c-0890 : isRefreshed
    2020-07-07 13:03:28 :: src/lmsmonitor.c-0930 : activeScroller test
    2020-07-07 13:03:28 :: src/lmsmonitor.c-0935 : display clock test
    2020-07-07 13:03:28 :: src/lmsmonitor.c-1008 : clockPage
    2020-07-07 13:03:28 :: src/lmsmonitor.c-1015 : cpu Metrics?
    watch for any output on your OLED

hopefully you see the logo followed by the clock

you can get help with
    Code:
    sudo /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/lmsmonitor -n "piCorePlayer" -help
    we can start digging into specifics once you post the screen pics and we can adjust parameters accordingly
    Last edited by shunte88; 2020-07-07 at 10:11. Reason: salutations
    As of 2020/07/09

thanks

something went wrong and I can't cd to the directory /mnt/mcblk0p2/tce. I tried to full update the piCorePlayer and reinstall the LMS Monitor but with no results. I'll have to go further and reinstall the hole thing from new. I have an extra micro sd card so I'll give it a try.

sounds good

good luck with the reinstall and in the mean time if you could get the details of your OLED screen that would be super

you'll find an updated build in the repo which includes animated information screens when a track is playing
    this mode was originally intended for setups where audio data was not accessible and hence the visualizations would not display

there are three modes available

1. Compact Cassette
    2. Technics SL-1200
    3. Open Reel To Reel
    4. An old VCR

The cassette

Name:  compact_small.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  163.3 KB

tape hubs are animated, "tape" moves from the left to the right hub as the track progresses
    the tape type indicates the bit depth, 16 [I], 24 [II], or 1 bit DSD [III]

here we have the SL-1200

Name:  technics_sl1200_egg_small.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  205.4 KB

fully animated, the tone arm traverses the record as the track plays and resets when the track ends
    the record is animated and spins as the track plays
    the slider position will change depending on the bit depth of the track, 16, 24, and 1 bit DSD

and the reel-to-reel

Name:  reel2reel_small.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  219.4 KB

animated reels, switches will flip depending upon bit depth

and finally the VCR

Name:  vcrshot.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  30.5 KB

rudimentary at best, and an annoying flashing 12:00 AM Sunday is the only "animation"
    Last edited by shunte88; 2020-07-09 at 21:48.
    As of 2020/07/09